cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Monnie

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

@Monnie wrote:
I am joining this for the first time.  I have committed to be super conscientious about my credit because I tend to focus on new and exciting challenges and then get distracted.  So, I'm joining this challenge and helping others with their credit, which will force me to stay focused! 
EQ = 723 (1/5/18)
TU = 709 (1/5/18)
EX = 697 what the heck, right?! - (12/19/17)
0% Util, 10 yrs AAoA & 17 yrs 9 months AoOA, Age of new credit 1year, Credit mix- all noted, PH- see below, 0-collections, 0 PR:  So, basically I only have real estate and student loan debt.

My goal for this year is 780 all around.  I want to be the Oprah Winfrey of the 780s!  I think this is possible because:

I have two of four late tradelines dropping this year:  one will drop-off next month (if it is removed 6 months early from DOFD) and May for the second.  The other is over 3-year (30-day late - Capital One) with a GW letter to CEO and credit department b/c I still have it and was never late in 10 years other than the one time (in band camp LOL);
I have a rehabilitation of my student loans kicking in in June.  I have the money to pay off early and have paid half in 5 months, but don't want to mess-up the rehabilitation plan so I am being patient to make it to the nine to ten months.  Once in the program, I'll pay-off the loan;
I have other student loans reporting multiple delinquencies, during forbearance periods.  A letter to the CRAs are already sent to get them removed. 
With that said, I think the 780 goal is doable, but won't happen until the fall or winter when everything kicks in with the removals. 

Update: 7/27/2018

My scores have changed and I made my goal for one CRA (Equifax) already.  They are now:

EQ: 789 / TU: 717 / EX: 707

One TL dropped, as anticipated. The other one is still reporting Oct and Nov 2011, although DOFD was in July.  I know the rule is 7years and 180 days, but it is a little ridiculas to hold on to 30 days late. I plan to write to the CRA directly because I don't want the dispute on the report, since I'm trying to make the report as clean as possible.  The other two TL each have a 30 date late (2013 and 2016). I will continue to GW letters.  The Capital One (2013) is only reporting in EQ and I am not sure if it is showing in EX. The SL is almost in its 11th month. I'm in contact with loan agency to get it off my CRs and have it moved. When it moves to the other loan agency, I will pay off the loan.  I am waiting because I wanted to see if there was going to be an interest adjustment and did not want it to drop too low and disqualify the loan for the program. Once done, I'll see what happens with the credit report. I'm curious about  which will drop since I have the current loan agency reporting and two former loan agencies reporting the old delinquencies of the same loans.  Other than that I hate seeing all of the old SLs that are current being reported by several different agencies, which makes it look horrible, but I guess they are not negatively impacting the overall score too much. My forebearance argument got some removed, but not all of them. I don't know why TU and EX are being so stubborn!  I am due for my quarterly updated reports from MyFico in two weeks. I'll be able to compare and contrast better at that time since some stuff occurred since the May report. Otherwise, I continue to garden and and check around for the weeds that I can pull.

Starting Score: 648
Current Score:813
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 211 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting score 615 EQ 594 TU 645 EX

GOAL: 700 🤷‍♂️

Approved for a home loan closing date 8/10/2018

Any good tips after moving in on how to acquire new credit cards or store cards and or how raise my credit score?

Thanks
Message 212 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Hello!

I am new here and would love the join the challenge. I have tried to copy and paste html, but no luck. Can anyone help? I am excited and ready to contitune my journey! Thanks! 

Message 213 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! Hello!

I am new here and would love the join the challenge. I have tried to copy and paste html, but no luck. Can anyone help? I am excited and ready to contitune my journey! Thanks! 

Yep, help is here!  Smiley Very Happy

Go ahead and put the info (scores, goals, etc.) in your siggy without the code for the graphic; once your info is there I'll go back and add the graphic for you (if I add the graphic first you won't be able to re-save it with your scores).  Smiley Wink

Message 214 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy, 

I started my credit rebuild journey about 10 months ago but signed up and learned about this amazing community about a month ago. 

In 2015 I was in a financial bind and was not able to afford my credit card bills. Fast forward to today, I am in a stable position to begin paying them off and rebuild my credit.

My goal is to be in the 700 club, understanding this is a slow process and the help from many of you I am sure I will get there in time.

Thank you!

Message 215 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working on my credit score by tackling the one thing that has affected it most, my debt utilization.  I used my personal credit to restart my business and now four years later, I'm halfway there.  My goal is to be debt free within the next 2 years.  I'm hoping to be in the green as I call it from the way the scores are shown on here by next week :-)

Message 216 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, new to forum. Working on earning better credit score. Keeping util 1-3%, 7 open cards.

Message 217 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new here and I like the idea about this challenge and I welcome any suggestions to help improve my scores.  Here  are my goals:

1) Bring my score to over 700 by December 2018.

2) Obtain Citibank or Discover with a decent credit limit.  I am currently with Capital One with $300 CL.

3) Re-finance my car loan.

4) Save for an emergebcy fund. 

My current scores are as follows:

EQ - 567

TU - 533

EX - 542

I plan to raise my credit score by managing well my utilization rate on my credit cards.  Any and all accountability welcome!

Message 218 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Hello!

I am here to take my first FICO Fitness Challenge!

First off, let me say I come from parents that didn't have a care for their credit. They got the most they could on a CC or loan and then would never make a payment. So I never knew really anything about it or how important it is and how to manage it properly.  I actually even had two collections on my account from my father using me for insurance and then never paying it...me being a teenager couldn't afford to pay it for him and there it went, onto my credit.  

Anyway, I've been trying to learn as much as possible and turn my credit around and actually into something other than late payments and collections! My credit in April of 2017 it was 454 (very discouraging and disappointing) I started calling collections, paying off small balances and disputing errors and eventually got the Discover secured card in August and vowed to make those payments on time and keep utilization low. I raised my score to 603 by October. (woo!) Christmas came along and I got an offer from CapOne with a $300 limit so I got that too.  But I bought more gifts than I should have and then had a big car repair bill. Which brought it down to 555. I paid those balances down and came up to 652 (WOO!) by April. I'm just now realizing as I'm typing what a difference that was between a year!  

Alas, we just moved cross country for school, entered a new rental agreement and our vehicle motor went bad. And currently battling COX for popping a $190 collection on my credit for a modem I never had in June.  My CU is about 75% on the cards again and my current score is 597. I have a $500 limit Discover secured card and my CapOne unsecured card limit is now $500. Oh, and a $300 limit Kohls Card with maybe 50% UT My credit history is 4 years old.  I think thats about it. 

Goals would be

1) Bring UT down to 10% or lower

2) 700-720 by Jan 2019

3) Possibly buy a home next year

Message 219 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your story also inspired me to take my FICO fitness challenge. I have been on a roller coaster with my credit from 6:55 down to 585. Mostly because of high utilization on my credit cards and a medical bill that just pop up out of nowhere for 1708. I disputed it many times but still remains, I think I might have to get professional help to get that one removed. I have some paid collections maybe two years old. An average of 48 accounts with only four of them ever late. My last late payment was October 2013 but Credit Karma is reporting 100% on-time payment. Currently my real FICO score is 608, 6:25, 620. Myfico Fitness gold is 720 to 7:50. Thank you for inspiring me what's your story thanks.
Message 220 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.