Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in! - My 2019 personal finance and fico goals

Welcome @vita36 🙋🏽‍♀️
The Garden is another thread and there people are not applying for new credit or getting hard pulls (unless necessary for job or housing) while their credit grows
Here, the methods used to increase scores are a bit more diverse. I, for example, have a thin file and am bulking AND cleaning.

All the best for your goals!
Message 21 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in! - My 2019 personal finance and fico goals

Hello,

I am new to the site and really trying to improve my credit. When I initially got out of college I didn’t really pay attention to paying bills, which is one of my biggest regrets. I got a credit card from my bank, let that max out and subsequently close. I’m on the journey now to rebuild my credit, so I say my goal is 680 but if I can get it past there within the year that would be amazing. Right now my main issue is credit utilization and getting some BADDIES off my current report. I’m looking forward to this journey. Also working on saving this year!
Message 22 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

Hi there. I’m new to the forums and I’m interested in the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019. Unfortunately, when I go to my profile settings, there’s no signature section to option to copy and paste anything. Can anyone help me with this?

So, the main thing hurting my scores is student loans which have all been charged off. I had two cards (Capital One ($1k) and Chase Freedom ($4.5k)) which have both been open for 3 years. I recently was approved for a Cap One Quicksilver One ($1k) and Discover It ($1k). My goal is to buy my first home within the year but I obviously need to get these scores up. I’m excited to continue with this journey and looking forward to learning A LOT from the forums.
Message 23 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

First timer here after the military i found myself in a bad spot financially, eventually i was able to pay down all debts however some issues popped up and i had to fix my roomates issue before we would have been evicted and that meant my daughter not having a home so i had to make decisions to py their share which was about 4 months rent worth which then lead me to not being able to pay off my credit cards. This year we look to buy a house and i look to improve my credit even more.  I have recently killed off all credit card balances and paid back all collections owed.

Message 24 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so bad at technology! It took me all day to figure out how to join. I'm still not sure I did it right.
Most of the past 15 years has been a financial struggle but a year ago things turned around and our household income quadrupled. I never lived above my means or so I thought but even living modestly was really difficult financially. In 2016 things got really difficult and I got behind for a few months and had some collections and a lien from state taxes. I haven't missed a payment in two years and all collections are paid. We are in the position financially to buy a new home but our credit needs a bit of work to get a prime rate. I have a short term goal to get that mortgage approval by February but long term to be debt free except for that mortgage by next January.
My scores are rising pretty quickly and I have been blessed with a chance to change things around!
I'm so thankful to find this forum and have met many helpful people already. I hope I can figure out how to use all of the tools and become much more educated about credit.
My TU score is actually not accurate. A paid off loan was reported wrong and is supposed to be fixed. Hopefully soon! But it reported I was 120+days late and owe 1800.00 which is infuriating! It dropped my score 43 pts.
Message 25 of 223
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

I started mid 2018, so I figured I'll check in for 2019. 

My overriding goal is to build a solid, mature, and clean credit profile.  I'm not looking to collect dozens of credit cards, or six figure credit limits. Point/miles, even thought I fly internationally (American Airlines), can come later.

This year is going to be big for me as far as my credit profile goes. All five of my current accounts will be aging over the 1yr threshold along with their corresponding HP's. However, what I'm really looking forward to is my 2012 foreclosure melting off of my report. 

My goals for this year are....

750+ for all three FICO scores

Establish bank accounts with Citi/Chase

Resist temptation and continue gardening into 2020.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 26 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping to get to a 750 credit score

Message 27 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in - my rebuild & overall lifestyle change started in mid-2018.  I am finally reaping the rewards of hard work & dedication - so why not make it official? 

My FICO goal is 700+ across the board and establishing a personal relationship with AmEx. 

Personal savings goal - $10K into my 2% APY Discover Savings.

Message 28 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I did get my signature part wrong. Not sure how to check it, but will see down here Smiley Happy

My starting scores were good but due to family issues and not knowing much about credit and some miscalculations got my score down to 560. So far brought it back up to 640-690s in 6 months time. All scores aren’t updated yet on experian app!). My major issue is having excessive usage of credit cards! I had a limit if 19000 and I was using it 96% with all cards being maxed out hence 560 FICO.

My current limit is 26000 and usage is down to 11000. And hopefull will be zero soon!

I do have 5 inquires and 300k student loans 😭

I started reading up here and tried learning a couple of things. My income changed so I am aggressively paying down credit cards but it seems like I have platued. I make a payment yet there are many expenses that gets me over the limit. Hopefully it will all settle down.

My goal is to get to 750 and onwards. My target date is July 31st 2019 to have 0 credit card balances!

Hoping to learn from people here!
Message 29 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fico 8 is in the low 600's. I'm looking to buy a home this year. 2 yrs ago is when I really started the process of repairing my credit(low 400's). This past year is probably been the most insightful as to what is effecting my credit the most and how to keep my cc usage at a good amount.
Message 30 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.