Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

Hoping to get scores all above 760 by end of year. It looks like I'm almost there. I have been scouring these forums since 2015. I have learned a lot. It took longer than it should have because I still use my cards a lot.

Goal this year: buy 2 investment properties (with mortgages).

Goal in 2 years by a primary residence in CA.

Goal in 5 years: have the investment properties paid off.

Best of luck to everyone.

Message 61 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m a newborn newbie to credit learning, much to my chagrin.  I just never paid attention to credit.   Finally pulled my 3 reports in Dec 2018.  Currently, my TU Fico 8 is 663 and EX is 662, no idea on EQ (didn’t want to pay for scores quite yet). 

I have a skinny skinny file.  I only have two accounts showing:  a very old joint card, now closed with good history, due to fall off in 2022; one new Discover it secured, that graduated last year.  

I have one baddie, a $224 oopsie that I didn't know about until Dec 2018.  It's now paid, and I have requested early exclusion.  

My goals:  

1. Get cards after the baddie is either EE'd or falls off, in anticipation of my oldie but goodie to fall in 2022.
  2. Open DCU savings-secured loan.
  3. Mortgage in 2-3 years.   Prices are high here (California), so I need the best score I can get to avoid as much interest as possible.   Hoping to hit 800s but I’ll take 760.  
  4. Might need a new car in the next 2-3 years as well, after the mortgage if I can help it.  

I have a good income, but business-related legal fees to pay off, $30K.  I should pay that off by the end of the year.   This isn’t reported anywhere, to my detriment - I’ve been super diligent about it.  Would be nice to get some credit for it.  

Happy to be in the Fitness gym with you! 

Message 62 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first time taking the challenge. I just attempted to purchase my first home and was denied. Unfortunately, I had no one to teach me about credit so here I find my self 38 years old and soaking up all I can about credit. My immediate goal is to try to purchase a home within the next 2 years. I come here and read all of the advice and tips others have left and I am now learning what I need to know about credit.

Message 63 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting started late, but its better than never!  My husband and I have been avid avoiders of our credit for the last 6 or 7 years.  We are income-wise golden to buy a house but credit report tells another story. Smiley Sad  Have some old collection accounts (which we get conflicting info from people on as far as paying off or letting them fall off), and we let one auto payment go to 45 days past due for a few months consecutively this past fall (stupid stupid stupid!).  We have two auto loans as active accounts only so we just opened the cap1 secured m/c ($200 CL) and started a Self Lender yesterday.  Hoping to get a decent enough jump in the next few months to trade-in one car (21% APR!) this summer for lower interest loan and then just build most of the year so we can buy a house next summer.  Maybe add a couple unsecured cards in the second half of the year.  Excited to learn and finally do some adulting!

Message 64 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on and off several months and have learned so much. I was laid off in '09 after the crash. I held on for about 4 years but never got close to earning my original income. I have always been frugal and lived below my means. I sold everything and cashed out my savings to offset my income. I could barely pay my mortgage (let alone student loans, home, health and auto insurance, groceries, etc.). It felt hopeless. I was so overwhelmed and probably on the verge of some kind of breakdown. In 2013 I walked away from everything and my score tanked but the weight lifted off my shoulders. I didn't file for BK. Have been paying everything in cash and waiting out the clock. Not the best plan in hindsight.

This time last year my score was in the low 500's. I disputed a few negatives and the rest finally aged off my cr. Last week my final negative cc aged off and my score jumped from 604 to 700. The only neg left is a student loan that should age off in Jan 2020. I applied for a secured cc in August. After my score increased last week I was approved for 2 cards with decent sl's. My goal is to just let these accounts age and increase my score, hopefully into the 740-760 range. I need to save a down payment for a newer used car. Hoping to purchase in the next year or so once I have a big enough down payment and score. I bought my last car in '02. Since it broke down for the last time I've been driving a family members old car. So it's time.

I am I'm very grateful for all the information shared here Heart

Message 65 of 223
aynot4fitness
Contributor

I'm a bit late to start, but I am in! I straightened out quite a few problems last year and now I'm committed to establishing financial stability. This is a great way to keep me on track.

Personal

Business

:
:
Message 66 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to surpass 700 for all credit bureaus this time next year

Message 67 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking to fix my credit and rebuild. I would like to be able to purchase a home in 2021.
Message 68 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have come to the right place. First thing I would do is forget about the credit karma scores only worried about fico. Credit karma says I have 615 and 640 to credit scores actually my ficos are all 700 plus. It seems vantagescore takes credit utilization into effect way too much at least for me.
Message 69 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

673 Transunion
673 Equifax
699 Experian
Overall Fico8 score 708

My goal is 750

Message 70 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.