Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

I am not sure if I am in the right/best place. I really would like to participate in the MyFICO Fitness Challenge because I need all of the help, support, guidance & a sounding board along this journey of credit rebuilding. After a divorce, BK13 (dismissed 7/2013), 2 layoffs, and relocation across the country I need a new car (when it rains... it’s raining inside of my 14 yr old Chevy ☔️ 😢)... Long story short my scores are shot! I subscribe to MyFICO and my scores swing from 496 to 599 depending on which bureau and model. But my income is pretty good ($96k), in spite of the fact I have been turned by every sub-sub-prime shady car loan finance company you can name. So here I am! After reading just about every post I’ve decided to jump in! Hopefully at the end of this journey I will be able to at the very least buy a new car. 

Oh the signature thingy is not working for me or it may just be user error...

Scores as of 3/21/2019:

EQ: 599

TR: 586

EX: 587

My issues or what I think they are...

1. I have 2 collections they have been paid, I have recently learned about the “goodwill letter” to see if they can be removed. One of them probably should have aged off. 

2. There are 4 very old collections 3 of the 4 are on tract to age off in June & July 2019, I have learned by reading in this forum that I can request “early exceptions” from the bureaus. Although 3 of the 4 are with Portfolio and their website shows that they will accommodate pay for delete, I am not opposed to setting up payments. I know that takes time and I need to cover as much ground as possible in the least amount of time. Preferably to get to at least a 600 score and not show any recent late payments which are being generated from very old accounts that are refreshing. So that I can purchase a vehicle.

3. There is 1 more collections account that is scheduled to age off 3/2020, however the collections agency keeps refreshing every month. So it appears that I am late on an account that has charged off years ago and is about to drop off. I know technically I am still responsible for the debt, but I thought after a certain amount of time updates were supposed to stop? (idk could be tribal knowledge I’ve heard along the way).

I know this is a lot! But thank you to whoever provided this platform. I have started adding some positive credit to my profile. I have a self lender account, graduated from Fingerhut Fresh Start to regular card with $300 limit and I have the Indigo card with a $300 limit (all over the last 8 months). All of the utilizations are around 25-27%. Any and all feedback is welcome. 

Oh and if someone can message me on how to get the signature thingy to work, showing the scores, and the little acorn, etc I would be most appreciative. 

Thanks in advance! ☀️☔️

Message 71 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

ld

Message 72 of 223
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Finally posting myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2019. My challenge is to:
1. let my credit age enough to get a real FICO score and not just a vantage 3.0/Credit karma.
2. get a Chase credit card.
3. keep building and growing my credit report and score.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 73 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m a few months into rebuilding.

1. Present goal: continue making on time payments while working to remove negative tradelines.
  2. Intermediate goal: improve credit mix with an installment loan (rate under 10%, preferably around 7%).
  3. Long term goal: 750’s across the board, preferably higher 😊.
Message 74 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attempting to fix the sig.

Message 75 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to get this underway!

Looking for 3 things:

- Raising my overall score to >750

- Learning fact from fiction regarding credit scores

- Gaining knowledge and helpful tips.

Message 76 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't figure out how to begin the fitness challenge. Can someone help me?
Message 77 of 223
rbentley
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't figure out how to begin the fitness challenge. Can someone help me?

It is self-directed.  Pick your own goals for 2019.  Post them and measure your progress during the year.

Message 78 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figured it out. How do I add what credit cards I have? Just need a little help to get started 🙂
Message 79 of 223
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

Once you reach the rank of 'Member' you'll be able to add and edit HTML yourself; once that happens you'll be able to add card images to your signature.

When the time comes, here's the thread that explains how (read the first post, then skip to the last couple of pages... most everything should be covered): http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839

I know you were unable to add the 'Fitness Challenge' graphic to your siggy, so I added it for you.  Smiley Wink

--UB

Message 80 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.