Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

I've been at this for a while. Went from getting car financing at 19 percent down to 7.  Now I want it lower  

Message 91 of 223
DGOATS1
Regular Contributor

My rebuild update 45 days success
Thanks again for all the advice

March 7 (rebuild began)

Me:
EQ/TU/EX (March 7)
652/644/654 Fico 8
647/610/646 mtg
New scores: (April 18)
682/691/698 Fico 8. (+30/+47/+44)
666/647/658 mtg. (+19/+37/+12)

I paid off a cap 1 CO that was over limit and reporting every month.
I paid down 1 cc to 43% utilization one card at 30% utilization and one at a zero
No success with goodwill on lates

Wife
EQ/TU/EX
649/647/602 Fico 8
641/613/615 mtg
New scores (april18)
696/670/654 Fico 8. (+47/+23/+52)
659/675/664 mtg. (+18/+62/+49)

I paid off three CO student loans and paid off one CO cap1 card reporting every month and got 1 collection removed from EX. No success on goodwill letters for lates.

I’ll keep posting as wife got two cc approval so she now has 3 cc and we can do azeo to get her up higher. She has 0 balance cc so we will get small amt in that

I got 1 new card and have to get my azeo in place too in next 60 days.
Starting Score: 652/644/654 (March 2019)
Current Score: 729/745/745
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 92 of 223
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Hello, I'm obviously new to the forum. I am definitely really appreciative for all the information contained here. I have been viewing this site for a little over a year off and on and have taken steps to follow suite from everyone. I am currently attempting to position myself to go after a better set of scores (800+) across the board and eventually get a mortgage.

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 93 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!
Hope it's not too late to join in on the fun!
I've been deathly scared of "credit life", but after much head smacking and a real lesson in perspective, I took the plunge and am learning to manage my credit life.
I opened my first credit card just before the new year, and Sunday was the 3rd due date on it. Since beginning my credit life, I made 3 major purchases, in addition to using it for everyday necessities. So far, been super good about making week, or biweekly, payments towards the amount due.
I'm looking to learn more about all this, and feel comfortable applying for cards/mortgages/loans in the future. If I found a "Credit for Dummies" read, I'd probably buy it!! 😂
I realize my goal of 800 might not happen this year, but that's the goal! #aimhigh😉
Thank you to everyone sharing their stories-- they're definitely helpful for newbies!!
Cheers!
Message 94 of 223
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congrats and welcome aboard... One day at a time and if possible, only use the card for what you would normally buy with cash and then pay it in full or just don't use it much. It takes time to build a great credit history and with the info and help of members from this site, you're well on your way... 

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 95 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, HA!! That's my thinking atm, use my card as a stepping stone...
Separating fact from fiction is also hard... Which is how I found these forums!
I will definitely need to be patient - I could have sworn I was on my 5th month with my card, then I looked at my statements and was 👀🤦🏾‍♀️
Message 96 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the Community!

Thanks for having me.

Message 97 of 223
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My highest credit card line is Walmart Mastercard for $7,500. My goal is a higher creditline elsewhere. Any ideas anyone?

My current credit score is 720. As of April 20, 2019.

You should post this in the credit card forums.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 98 of 223
missmoneypenny

Hello all!

Hoping to reduce my super high UTI to achieve a much better score over time. Had been unemployed for a bit and lived off cards for a bit. No more!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 600
Goal Score: 750

Message 99 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here, FICO 8 (TU): 600

Accounts, least bad to worst:

Mortgage, $85K balance (10% paid off), 2y 8m, no lates. 

Mortgage, $70K balance (64% paid off), 16y 1m, 1 30 day late 3 yrs ago. Thinking about writing GW letter to get the late removed, don't know if it's worth it since it's old and I have an otherwise good payment history.

CC, 98% utilization starting, now 2% utilization, 20y, 1 30 day late 18 months ago.

Collection account, $89, opened Apr 2017, shows paid in full, "should" be removed within 30 days according to CA

Collection account, $187, opened Sep 2017, paid but not showing as paid on CR yet, "should" be removed within 35 days according to CA

Chase CC closed/CO w/$1500 balance May 2017. Have been making payments since Dec 2018. Due to finish paying Nov of this year but will be paid in full by end of May. When I pay off (in full) I will ask for a courtesy removal. If they say no, I'll start a GW letter campaign.

Message 100 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.