Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

Hey guys! I'm in this challenge! : ]] Started off here in 2016 with 0 credit and built it up to about 650 (enough to where Chase offered me one $10k and one $5k credit card). Fell on some hard times in 2017 when I lost two of our major contracts and I maxxed those suckers out, got two loans for about the same amount, and have hardly made an on-time payment since. I have one judgement on one of the loans as well. Finally to a point where I'm tired of being at 522 and having creditors call me everyday. 

My goal is to pay off all of my credit card debt by the end of this year and get my utilization back under 33% (preferably 10% but we will take it slow). I also want to kill my car payment and see my score in the 600s somewhere. I'm ready to get my life back on track. Glad to be in this with you guys! Best of luck to you all!

Message 111 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal us to reach 700 credit score and buy a new car
Message 112 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to have a middle credit score of 750 by the end of 2019.
Message 113 of 223
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My goal is to have a middle credit score of 750 by the end of 2019.

Mine too, hope we both reach it....good luck!

(Edit to add: )  I see you're new so "Welcome aboard"Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 114 of 223
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My goal us to reach 700 credit score and buy a new car

Hi Newbie, hope you get the best rates and bust that 700 really soon.

Message 115 of 223
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally to a point where I'm tired of being at 522 and having creditors call me everyday. 

I think that was the worst part.....I ended up saving every number in my phone and renaming them (something not so nice) but it made me giggle everytime one of those $#^@ called me.  (do what you gotta do)  Good luck getting all that debt behind you, you deserve to have peace and piece of mind, we've all seen the good, the bad, and the ugly.  All the best to you!

Message 116 of 223
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My goal is to raise fico score gor mortgage across the board to 650

How far do you have for the 650's?  Good luck reaching your goal.

Message 117 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! I've been lurking for quite some time and finally decided to join the forums last year. I'm now ready to embark on the Challenge!

My goal is to reach 685 by the end of the year and learn as much as I can. I don't want to make the same mistakes I did when I was a young college student and I'm ready to rebuild. My credit profile is thin (CapOne Quicksilver, Commenity NY&Co, Commenity Ann Taylor, and a federal student loan) and I've had my CapOne card for 4 years but I'm still stuck at the $300 initial limit. It's frustrating but it's my own doing. I'm looking forward to remedying this and flourishing the rest of the year! Happy to be here and good luck to you all!

Message 118 of 223
Emierja99
Contributor

Hey All,

I have been using myFICO forums to help gain information on the best moves to improve my financial profile. I thank everyone who impart their knowledge and expertise in all areas.

My financial goals for 2019:
Increase my credit scores across 3 CBs
Current FICO Scores

Transunion 659
Equifax 630
Experian 641

Goal Scores
Transunion 770
Equifax 750
Experian 790

I will achieve my goal scores by May 2020.

I currently have student loans in repayment as well as about 6 collections I am working on removing.

Here's to the bright future of building up financial success!

Message 119 of 223
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

New member, but been lurking on and learning from this forum for a long time, perhaps a decade.

This is regretably the 2nd time I've had to rebuild my credit. I learned from a lot of mistakes, and gained a ton of knowledge about it the 1st time around, and now it's time to put that knowledge to the test on this 2nd go around.

The long and short of it was that my credit got screwed up this time from something pretty much outside my control, an expensive divorce.

Now, the damage has been done and it's time to get back on my feet again. Fortunately, I kept my oldest credit card and my car loan in good standing throughout it all - so when I started rebuilding my credit this year, I already had an 8 year head start.

At its worst, my scores were in the 400's back in 2017.

On January 1 of this year, my scores were 588, 589, 594.

Now, my scores are 629, 644, 645 - even with 95% credit card utilization.

My util. will drop to about 50% later this month, and I'd expect I'll see a good bump from that. We'll see. My goal by the end of the year is 750+ for all 3, which I believe is pretty realistic.

Anyways, wishing everyone luck!

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 120 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.