cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

I'm jumping in at halftime here, but I'm hoping to score some points during this 2nd half! I've been reading these forums for several years now and finally decided it's time to get serious! DH scored a Discover IT w/ a $13.5k limit after working on paying off all of his credit report debt and disputing/having items removed over the past year. So now it's my turn! My goal is to get all three scores to 700+, have the ability to PG my Business financing needs and gain a personal unsecured card by myself with a nice SL! Would love to qualify for a Chase or Amex..

Starting Score:EQ 607 TU 610 EX 575
Current Score:EQ 607 TU 610 EX 575
Goal Score:700+ on all three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 141 of 193

Hi Team! 

Better late than never right? My goal is to get back on track with increasing my scores and learn more about how credit functions generally. I had a stong year after BK7(went from a 432 to 686) then ended up unemployed and realized how over extended I was when everything tanked(down to 397 at the lowest). Smiley Sad Going back to work after a year of unemployment and want to make sure I'm doing the smart things to climb out of the hole I'm currently in. 

Tending my tomatoes in the Garden

Starting Score: 397
Current Score: 436
Goal Score: 800

Message 142 of 193
Established Contributor

I really don't have up to date scores. My EX Fico 8 is 688. It will be a while before I know the others. INQs and baddies are dropping off in this month and through November. I am receiving a lot of offers. They are very enticing. I am trying to remain strong and continuong to garden. I know better things lay ahead. That "congratualtions" message is calling me.

Message 143 of 193
Valued Member

FreeIsForMe2019's Credit Cards with Limits, Credit Scores when I applied for card.                                                                                                                  My Credit Scores when approved for card(s) EX= Experian, TRANS= TransUnion, EQ= Equifax

Not Bad For Someone on Social Security Income Smiley Happy

$7,500.00......Walmart Mastercard
$1,000.00......Amazon Prime Rewards Visa/Chase Bank*                                                                                                                                                              $0,500.00......Amazon Store Card*...........................686 EX, 693 TRANS, 693 EQ                                                                                                          $0,750.00......Petal Visa Card*                                                                                                                                                                                  $0,600.00......Montgomery Wards Store Card  (@)                                                                                                                                                                $1,000.00......Fingerhut Store Card                                                                                                                                                                                    $0,500.00......Target Red Store Card*                                                                                                                                                                            $0,500.00......Capital One - Journey Mastercard                                                                                                                                                                  $0,501.00......Capital One - Platinum Mastercard                                                                                                                                                                $0,400.00......Credit One Platinum Mastercard                                                                                                                                                            $0,200.00......Discover It Secured Card*....................686 EX, 720 TRANS, 720 EQ

Credit Limit: $13,451.00

Age of Oldest Account: 1 Year, 3 Months

*.....Opened Account(s) in last 6 months                                                                                                                                                                                    @...Montgomery Ward does No Credit Checks & Does "NOT" report to any Credit Bureaus

Late Payments.............None
Collections....................None
Derogatory Reports......None                                                                                                                                                                                                Inquires........................19 (Shown only as 9 Inquires on TransUnion/Equifax, 8 will be removed next year)

Current Credit Scores - Updated July 06, 2019

Experian.....................686 - Fair........Highest....Good..686
TransUnion.................653 - Fair........Highest....Good..720
Equifax.......................662 - Fair........Highest....Good..720

My Past History: 

My starting credit score was 578. 5 Years ago I had Bankruptcy removed from CR (Credit Report), 1 year ago I had 2 Collections/Derogatory Reports removed when I paid items in full**, I had gained +68 Points in one day just by cleaning up my credit report (CR) thru TransUnion & Experian. FYI: Equifax purposely wont allow people to correct their credit reports thru them online, It only takes you to an error screen, They are well aware of it but simply don't care. Several thousand people online has complained of this issue. You can also go thru "Experian Boost" where they will add any positive ultility payments you made. You can also rent-reporting services can get your credit reports to reflect your rent payments fairly easily, at a cost that ranges from free to more than $100 a year for more into google "How to Report Rent to Credit Bureaus". This could raise your credit score 20 to 50 points.

** Even though items were paid in full, they would stay on my credit report until 7 years had passed, then they were dropped per law. But I was able to get Fingerhut Installation Loan where you by Fingerhut quality crap and pay in 8 monthly installments. I bought a $169 vaccum cleaner paid it off in the same month and graduated to Fingerhut Revolving Credit Card. This is what you need to build your credit. When you graduate, The Fingerhut Installation Loan will be listed as a "Closed Account" where your score will drop some points, but you will still have good credit built up. I also recommend getting Secured Credit Cards with NO Annual Fees to help build your credit. Prior to this I had NO credit knowledge to improve my credit, By watching many Do-It-Yourself credit card repair youtube videos, I have gotten my credit score up to 720 in one year without hiring an agency to fix my credit. I hope this info helps you in getting a high credit score!

SPECIAL INFO TO YOU:  As of July 01, 2019 - Synchrony Bank if offering the Amazon Store Secured Card for people in the 650 range with little or no credit experience. Now what I learned if you already have an Amazon Credit Card thru Chase Bank you can still qualify for the Amazon Store Card thru Synchrony Bank without a security deposit. The interesting part is their new card incentive is a FREE $20.00 Gift Card available to you when your approved online.

Not Bad For Someone on Social Security, Credit Limit Total: $12,551. Best Credit Scores EX-686, TU-717, EQ-725
Starting Score: 558
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 850

Message 144 of 193
New Contributor

I forgot to join up here when I started back in February. My goal is just to get as close to 700 as possible while not doing anything stupid like starting to carry a balance. 

Hopefully I can manage that and not fall into bad habits. So far so good. At the moment I have less than $200 on my combined credit cards, so hoping to keep being smart about credit. 

Starting Score: EQ 595, TU 538, EX 577
Current Score: EQ 642, TU 604, EX 641
Goal Score: 700

Chapter 7 discharged 2/20/19
Message 145 of 193
New Visitor

Lots to learn. I’m a little late to the party, but glad to be here getting fit. 

Began my credit repair journey March ‘19. My goal is to be at 650 by year’s end. Currently at 566 F8, 533 F9. 

Derog: 2 medical bills and SL

CC: $1,000 secured Visa through my CU. 9% Uti. Never late

$250 Victoria Secret

$600 installment loan through my credit union. Never late. Almost PIF.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Starting Score: Mar 19 435
Current Score:July ‘19 566
Goal Score: 650

Message 146 of 193
Highlighted

Hey Everyone, 

Late to the challenge, but I'm all in.  Like a lot of you, I want to purchase a home.  My credit is bad, but not extreme.  I've got - 

Car Note = ~$19,000 balance.  One or two 30 day lates 

Student loans = ~$40,000.  Current on credit reports since I'm still in school.  

USAA Credit Card = ~$1,100.  Several 30 - 90 day lates.  Paying an installment agreement with collection agency.  Card closed.

Military Star = ~$2,500 limit, balance is ~$500.  Paying install agreement with collection agency.  Card closed.

Capital One = ~$600.  Card restricted (closed).  No payment arrangements but paying it down on my own.

Nordstroms = ~$490.  Collection Account.  Need to figure out how I want to pay this off.

Navy Federal Secured Card = $1,000 limit, balance is at ~$500.  Paying this off in large chunks on time.

Medical in collections = ~$150 paying this off this week.

Bank = ~150, closed account.  paying off this week.

Woman Within Card = Several 30 - 90 day lates, finally paid it off and Comenity closed it because of inactivity and past history.

Avenue Card = Several 30 - 90 day lates, finally paid it off and Comenity closed it because of inactivity and past history.

Catherine's Card = Several 30 - 90 day lates, just paid it off.  As of today, it's still open but I expect Comenity to close this as well.

I think this is everything.  I think I can get all the collection accounts and closed cards taken care of in the next couple of months.

hr>Starting Score: EQ 541, TU 571, EXP 539
Current Score: EX 539, TU 571, EXP 539
Goal Score: 750

Message 147 of 193
Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone! I am back, raised my scores with the help of this forum. Then recently went through a divorced and they fell right back down. My goals is basically the same as some of the others here. I would love to get back to the 700's across all 3 bureaus. I refuse to sign another lease where I live, although I love it and it is beautiful. It is just time to buy my first home. My goal is to successfully apply and get preapproved for a mortgage March 2020 and buy my first home in May/June 2020. 

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 148 of 193
New Visitor

Hi Im new here, can someone guide me how to create my signature with the scores please.
Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 149 of 193
Valued Member

My first goal is to break 800 but then I would like to go a bit higher! It might take a while because my credit is very young and I started late. 

Message 150 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.