Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

Part 2. So far this year I've hit some goals such as raising credit limit by almost 20,000. Also getting credit cards with Disco Amex(biz card and charge card) and Citi. These banks were always a goal of mine. Now the hard part garden hopefully until May. While I most likely won't be applying for any personal cards I hope to be approved for the amex blue biz plus card 2 MR's on everything. This year I've realized the huge potential of amex biz cards.
With 17 total personal accounts adding a credit card doesn't affect my aaoa so much right now.. so my goal is to get a card with a very good sub next. That's mainly why I will garden since my score will continue to rise either way just a bit slower.
Message 151 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

With half the year gone, as a new member, can i still post in the monthly updates?

Message 152 of 223
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Welcome new member... and of course!!! It is set up for post for the entire year and not just a new years resolution type deal.   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 153 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in and need help.Smiley Happy

Message 154 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. the past 3.5 years have been rough. Loss of business, divorce etc... Credit took a huge hit. Been working on it for about a year with no clear direction. Glad to be here and get this ship straight!!

Message 155 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

New around these parts! Smiley Tongue Focusing on getting my utilization down!!

When my last car bit the dust and I realized my credit score was huge factor in the monthly payment price/rate I could get for a new auto loan, the fire was lit! Being self-employed as of February, proving my income is difficult and depending on the lender. I set out to consolidate 12k of credit card debt between 19-25% APR. I was approved and then denied for a personal loan (10% APR) on the final review at my local CU by the underwriter due to my short term self-employment history. This is when I realized this wasn't going to be as quick of fix as I had hoped. I still need a vehicle though, so THANKFULLY I was approved at 10% for 6 years on a car through Carvana. Now that I at least have a vehicle, I can focus on rebuilding. I am also working with the non-profit I'm contracted with to have my employment status changed over to a W2 employee.

Baby steps, but I think I'm on the right path. 

---

86% utilization

9 open accounts

1 late payment in the last 7 years

8 years - oldest account age

4.5 years - account age average

Carvana auto loan not yet reflected.

Message 156 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your help. This website is awesome and excited for the journey to meet my goal of having good to great credit for once in my life.

My financial situation, or credit in particular, has never been good until now. Growing up, I was never taught about having good credit or even how to have good credit. Not until my adult life I came to realize how important good credit is. So I stumbled, made many many mistakes, until the past couple of years, I really wanted to clean up my credit to position myself in buying my first home.

I came across this wonderful site and it has been disappointing and exciting at the same time trying to clean up and rebuild my credit.

My goal is to establish great credit and reach 700+.

Current Experian (FICO Score 8) score is 641 and was at 592 June of last year.

My plan of achieving my goal are:

1) Utilize this website and apply those tips of removing the baddies in my credit report.

2) Continue to make my credit card payments on time to re-establish good credit.

3) Minimize hard inquiries.

4) Be patient.

Message 157 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

New member here.... Hopefully I've followed the instructions correctly and updated my signature line. I've done a lot of work already before finding this site and forum...a year ago my score was 584 and it's now 694. I hope to continue to increase my score to 750 by using the cards I have, keeping the balances low to 0 and never having another late payment!!
Message 158 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

so looking forward to 750's or above across the board! homebuyer 2020 is the major GOAL! Good luck to all those on a building path.

Message 159 of 223
devilnic
Contributor

So far in the garden I've gotten 2 CLI's on 2 cards SP's and got a lower apr. I have also closed a high apr low limit store card.

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 160 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.