Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

First post here!

I've only been reading the boards for a week or so but I've already learned a ton. Looking forward to learning more.

Goals are pretty standard - I'd like to get to 750 by this time next year and possibly 800 club thereafter. Starting at 680

Message 181 of 223
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking in these boards for a short time and now I'm looking to really tighten up the ship and get above 700. This last year I have been on sort of an app spree but nothing extremely absurd.
My main reason for doing to is that I just got engaged and would like to start planning for our future. Granted we've been together for 7 years.
I would also love to refinance my Cap1 auto loan which is at 11.53% right now.

Current scores checked today
EQ 660
EX 630
TU 648

Looking forward to getting everything moving in the right direction!
Message 182 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Biggest goal is SP CLI. Dcu offered me a cli but they want to add 3% to my 10.5 apr!
I wonder if they realize most use CU's for low apr. I'll wait until the cli offered is with an apr drop or stays the same.
Discover- I believe isn't giving me any luv because I opened two Citi cards within 3-4 months after my second it card, so I can't really blame them, on the other hand I have maxed out the gas, and PayPal quarters. So obviously I'm putting spend through it. I'm guessing I'll get cli in a couple months when they see I'm not applying/approved for anything else.
I would think they would want to catch up to other credit limits.
Message 183 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mv350- Are u in with any Credit unions? Most likely will give best refi rate on auto loan.
Message 184 of 223
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I am not currently a member of any credit unions. I was thinking about switching to a credit union in my area but have not done so yet. I was in Chex systems for awhile and have been banking with WF for some time, when they changed my account to one that has full benefits I just never taken the leap.
Message 185 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have started a topic before, but now it's not letting me start a topic to ask a question.. it just keeps saying take the fitness challenge and idk what I'm supposed to do with this "fitness challenge". This is aggravating. The button to start a topic is there, but it's dimmed out and does nothing when I press it. Why?
Message 186 of 223
Mv350
Valued Contributor

wrote:
@mv350- Are u in with any Credit unions? Most likely will give best refi rate on auto loan.

I finally jumped ship and landed at my local Credit Union to begin building a history with them. Hopefully when it's time to refinance, I'll be able to get my rate cut. 

Thank you!
Message 187 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

(If I replied to someone, sorry. I'm not sure how to create my own reply to the thread lol)

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

Well, in short, I filed chapter 7 in 2018 and was discharged 5/18. I was initially going to be a "cash only" person since I was very irresponsible with credit my first round. After filing for bankruptcy, I decided to start budgeting every month and only with cash I had and in doing so, I managed to uncover my emotional spending habits and how I'm a lot more spontaneous in spending than I thought.

I started my credit rebuild in May 2019 and my scores were in the low 500s. Currently they are now EX: 607 | EQ: 591 | TU: 582. I can't say it's been the easiest thing trying to cap myself from overspending on credit cards, but since I check in with my budget weekly, I rarely ever overspend so much that I can't pay off my balances in full each month. Smiley Very Happy

I'm now 6 months into rebuilding and I only have THREE credit cards (that's a big achievement because my first round with credit cards, I had SIX cards when I was 6 months into using credit Smiley LOL)

I have two secured cards and one unsecured card with Discover and Capital One.

My Goals

I've found that I maintain my credit cards the best when there aren't so many of them to look after. I feel like that's what really started my downfall the first time (managing six balances and realizing that I overspent by hundreds of dollars Smiley Indifferent) so I've been trying to be really careful about the types of cards I apply for and how many I get.

THAT'S painfully hard because I love applying for credit cards and getting approved lol.

Overall, I just want to increase my credit score... well, 2019 is almost over now Smiley LOL

So I guess, by the end of 2019, I'd like to see all of my scores over the 600 threshold! (currently just waiting for Transunion and Equifax) and I feel like that's pretty doable.

My overall goal at the moment is to get my credit up well enough to qualify for a really good premium travel credit card. I'd REALLY like to get the Chase Sapphire Reserve but I'm not sure how available that is seeing as though I iib two Chase credit cards. We'll see, maybe 2020 will be a good year?

Anyway, I'm excited to join this challenge! I've lurked on MyFICO for awhile now and I'm finally back at it! Just being a lot more careful this time. Best of luck to everyone striving to reach their financial goals! Heart

Message 188 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled my reports today and all three are up! I've offically regained the points I lost during my mini app spree. Scores are going in the right direction so I got nothing to complain about. To GOD and myFICO'ers be the glory Smiley Happy

Message 189 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With half the year gone, as a new member, can i still post in the monthly updates?

You sure can and MyFico provides additional space for such posting by the month Smiley Happy

Message 190 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.