Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Squishy
Established Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

my first time here . new to the forums . i would like to get my scores to 700 accross the board by this time next year.

i over did  the apps this year. will be gardening for atleast 1 year. hopefully can control myself for 2 years.

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 223
SH3L8Y
Established Member

I'm down!

My debts are out of control.

Looking to avoid BK and really focus on paying everything down this year and boost my scores.

Equifax: 722, Transunion: 697, Experian: 707

Goal: 750s across the board

Message 12 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Smiley Tongue My goals for the year are to stay in the garden.  No new HPs!  Happy 2019 everyone!

Message 13 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im here!!!
My goal is to increase my credit score!!!
I got 18,000 in credit card debt from 2 cards. 12,000 (16% apr) on one and 6,000 (10 mths 0% apr left) on another. I gotta figure out away to get down from 83% utilization to 30%. Well that's my fitness goal - wish me luck!!! (Sorry long post)
Message 14 of 223
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Good goals everyone, we are all in the same boat it looks like. Gardening is definitely the way to go (time heals all wounds) which is a low cost, high patience job....and, most importantly- we can do it. Hope y'all post in the Garden regularly...that would be cool to see progress; builds us up!
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in! - My 2019 personal finance and fico goals

New to the fitness challenge this year.  Here are my goals for 2019.

1. Maxing out 2018 IRA. (~1500 remaining)

2. Max out 2019 IRA. (6k)

3. Get my emergency savings where I want (~2k more)

4. Save enough extra to max 2020 IRA on Jan 1, 2020. (6k) Continue to try to hit max IRA on day 1 into the future.

5. No additional cards in 2019. (0% AMEX BCE thru 2019)

6. Continue PIF statement balance on all cards except 0% rates.

7. Dispute 1 HP that was fraudulent and dispute lates from student loans that I received forbearances during the timeframe of lates.

This may be tight and if anything extreme occurs I may not hit it.  Just putting it down on "paper" to remind me and try to stay focused.

Message 16 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in! - My 2019 personal finance and fico goals

@Laura I personally am NOT committing to gardening. Having goals to me does not necessarily equate gardening.

My file is thin. I have only a couple cards and a student loan. My Fico Challenge goal includes both allowing what I have to grow (no closing accounts) but also ADDING bulk (in the form of an SSL and possibly an auto loan toward the middle or end of the year).

I avoided credit for quite some time and am bulking and aging.
Message 17 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous I personally am NOT committing to gardening. Having goals to me does not necessarily equate gardening.

My file is thin. I have only a couple cards and a student loan. My Fico Challenge goal includes both allowing what I have to grow (no closing accounts) but also ADDING bulk (in the form of an SSL and possibly an auto loan toward the middle or end of the year).

I avoided credit for quite some time and am bulking and aging.

Your story sounds very similar to mine.

Before I found MyFico, I was exactly the same.  Cash only for most of my life.  Only student loans and 2 Cap1 low CL cards (plat and buypower).  Credit scores were in the 580 range.  About the time I found this place in summer 2017 I started bulking and following advice from these forums.  1 1/2 years later, I think I have a pretty good collection of cards to grow from.  Also during that time I opened and paid off an SSL for some taxes I owed.

Message 18 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

@workin yes, can't garden unless seeds have been planted.
I'm still not big on having a ton of credit and have even decided to simply my savings and checking accounts...
So, while I'm not an appoholic, I don't consider myself in the garden. I am composting (creating fertile ground) and planting. 🌱
Message 19 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it too late to join this also? I'm not 100% sure what is considered gardening, but I'd really like to hit 700+ by June, and then 720-750 by the end of the year, if possible. I'd like to be more rounded in my credit profile, and although I don't have any major purchases planned, I'd really like to be able to confidently apply for credit without the underlying fear of the "we'll send you a letter in 7-10 days and let you know" schpeel. 

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble adding the icon to their signature? I keep getting an HTML error. 

Message 20 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.