Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

Hi. First time posting. I recently started getting serious about my credit. EX:637  TU:666 EQ:612

My goal is 700s across the board.  Want to refinance my car to lower my interest. Looking to purchase my first house next year.

I have 5 CCs. Highest CL is 1,500 on Disco. I want to raise CLs. 

Trying to learn more about credit fitness.

Message 51 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first time here as well.

Post BK.  Ch 13 takes forever! -Didn't know it was after the discharge date, which is an additional 5 years in my case.  Building credit slowing.  

Hope to learn from everyone. 

Message 52 of 223
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

I am in. Two months late, but better late than never. I am trying to get to 700 for starters and eventually to 750. My goal is to purchase a property. 

Experian. 671

Transunion 669

Equifax 655

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 53 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been aware of, and lurking on site for some time. Posted first time in Credit Cards a month back, seeking help. Received help!

50% through 30 year loan on investment property, and 33% through primary. In 2019-20 plan is to apply equity in both towards new primary, going from 2 to 1 property. Though will pay some capital gains, the target property, reduced income to debt ratio, and reduced overall mortgage footprint are worth it. Will be going through pre-qual process in next few months.

Credit went from 800s in the 2000's to 500s in early 2010's. Worked through NoD's but no bk's or foreclosures. Was a tough spell though and just clawing back. Believe good habits were born out of necessity. Would like to return to point where credit for us, is a buyer's market.

Very glad to be part of this community.

Message 54 of 223
paulesport
Contributor

I've started gardening in Jan 2019 and already started to see some seedlings grow! Looking forward to becoming pro.

personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 55 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if i did this correctly, the HTML was giing me an error...

Message 56 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping to pay off some unsecured debt to get ever closer to 850!

Message 57 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in! - My 2019 personal finance and fico goals

My oldest account is 20 months old (car loan).
Oldest cc is 1 year.
My FICO score are 695-700 all 3.
Uti-28%
I opened 10 accounts in the past year. Most will be 1 year in a couple months. That's when I hope to get 1 more great card with a decent 0 Apr intro offer.
My question is would it be smart to go for my 2nd disco card since I have a relationship with them? Plus I do like thier offers.
I know plenty of other Banks offer similar offers but I'm looking for a good sl.
I still have one cap1 card still secured will be 1 year next week.( I've heard ppl close it and get Quicksilver) I just don't see a reason to take 3 hard pulls for cap1...
I now have a home Depot card will this help me if I applied for a Citi card?
Last month when my utilization was 5 percent I pre qualified for us bank and Amex. Once it went up to 28 I no longer pre qualified.
Cards I'm looking at
disco- 5% cash back rotating categories.
Us bank cash+.
Amex everyday denied in January 19...
Citi double cash.
I'll wait to be pre qualified before I app.
Anyone know Wich bank would accept a young but strong profile. Never missed any payments.
And inquiries will be 2 maybe 3 on all 3 reports when I apply,and of course I'll take my utilization down to about 5%.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Message 58 of 223
Lewisa410
Established Member

Excited about this challlenge. I have come so far and still have a ways to go. But that is fine, I will make the best of every step along the way. 

Message 59 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy March
Message 60 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.