cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

I'm a brand new member, and this is my first post, but I've been eavesdropping here for the last 2 months, during which time I've learned a great deal from many of you. Thank you all for sharing your stories, progress, and data points to benefit others. I'm usually very reticent to participate in forums, but you've inspired me to make the effort.

In addition to hoping to move into the 700s by the end of this year, I'm aiming for the Chase Bonvoy Boundless by the spring, as it would come in handy for some travel I have planned. 

Message 21 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous welcome and feel free to ask questions and share your views and experiences. Somewhere on the Forum there is likely advice or a poster who will benefit. Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 255
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I made my goal of 800s accross the board this year, but then took out a Citi "flex" loan for my wife's business.  That's got my UTIL hovering a bit above 6% and has kept me from 800s.  Also, my AAoA is only at 4 years 8 months due to a spree to get SUBs this past year.  As my AAoA improves, and my wife pays down the Citi CC I should be back in the fold by the end of the year with patience.  

Message 23 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a long time lurker and do not post often but I think this will help me stay on my goal! I am back in college and with my scores hovering around 680 FICO TU 670 Ex with 5 new accounts in the last 6 months my goal is to garden for either 1 or 2 years. At the start of this year I had 1k in available credit and now between the 9.7k that I have on my own and the AU account representing 13k. That is enough for me and now it’s off to the garden to chase the better approvals down the road!
Message 24 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been a long time lurker and do not post often but I think this will help me stay on my goal! I am back in college and with my scores hovering around 680 FICO TU 670 Ex with 5 new accounts in the last 6 months my goal is to garden for either 1 or 2 years. At the start of this year I had 1k in available credit and now between the 9.7k that I have on my own and the AU account representing 13k. That is enough for me and now it’s off to the garden to chase the better approvals down the road!

Glad you joined us! Many of us try this to remember where we are and to think about where we want to go. Taking some time out from apping will pay your credit well. Lenders appear to prefer us not looking like we are aggressively credit seeking which may raise their risk alarms. You have done well Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, 

My goal is to increase my scores, and secure a mortgage. Current scores, 677, 644, 641. All according to myFico. I plan to work really hard at achieving my goal. Would like my scores to be at or around 700, when I apply for a Mortgage. 

Message 26 of 255
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 27 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to this forum. My goal is to rebuild my credit. It took quite a hit after my wife developed breast cancer. She's in remission now, and I hope that, soon, my credit will be in remission as well. 

Message 28 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to this forum. My goal is to rebuild my credit. It took quite a hit after my wife developed breast cancer. She's in remission now, and I hope that, soon, my credit will be in remission as well. 

Stay with us! Lot's of knowledge contained in this Forum. Many talented posters, Community Leaders and Moderators. Answers to most questions are right here. Welcome aboard! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 255
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Good morning FICO Family,

It is Saturday and looks to become a pleasant day.  I have been away for a while and while away credit reports went awry.  However, I am empowering myself to move forward.  I have closed several accounts which I still need to pay but they were doing no good for me.  It was like robbing First Premier to Pay Credit One.  I am keeping four accts open which will be my reset.  I had a Walmart card through Synchrony however when Capital One took control, they closed my acct immediately.  No problem, I managed to payoff.  Funny thing is Capital One was quick to take interest and report each payment on time, but now that they are payed off, have not reported.  Back to the good stuff. I am in the process of paying off all accounts except four through snowball method/avalanche which is hard but I am pushing on.  I do have a few collectionswhich I do not know how to handle.  although, I am starting on paying them down, they are last on my bucket list of payments.  This is a forseen goal which I will update in February.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.