cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

@tricie17    seems to me you have a good picture of the situation and are in control through the plan you developed. Keep pushing on ... see you moving back onto the mail line of credit! Grat's and welcome to our corner of the world Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 255
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Dinosaur,

Seems like when you are young and fresh the credit gods hone in on you like a pigon but when you are aged and seasoned, {have some bumps and lumps} it is a big fat boomerang.  

Question:  what score is used for your siggy?  does Fico have a particularscore to use?

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tricie17 wrote:

Thank you Dinosaur,

Seems like when you are young and fresh the credit gods hone in on you like a pigon but when you are aged and seasoned, {have some bumps and lumps} it is a big fat boomerang.  

Question:  what score is used for your siggy?  does Fico have a particularscore to use?

Need more information? What score for my siggy are you referring too?

Message 33 of 255
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

I notice that Ficoer's have a starting score, current score and goal score in their signature.  What score are they using?

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Message 34 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tricie17 wrote:

I notice that Ficoer's have a starting score, current score and goal score in their signature.  What score are they using?

Each individual can put in their own starting scores and goal scores. Example, some one has a BK7 and takes their lowest score say a 584 and inserts. They also can insert their goal scores.  Since people access different FICO Scores you may find some scores ranging 250 to 900 while others scores may range 300 to 850.

For the most part (based only on my observations) posters mostly report the FICO 08 Scores. There are exceptions and different FICO Scores available. Yes, this can be confusing.

Message 35 of 255
hollowtipnwk
Valued Member

Hi all! This is my first challenge. I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit after years of financial hardship. My career is finally taking off and now I'd like to focus on paying down debt, increasing credit limits and scores, removing negative remarks from CR and applying for a home mortgage. I have a couple open CCs of which I paid 1 off last week (0$ owed $750 limit Cap1) and the other is maxed out at $4500 NFCU. Yesterday I applied and was approved for 3 secured CC. BOA, Discover It and Citi. My goal this year is to pay off my NFCU, get the sec CCs to graduate to unsecured, increase my score to the low to mid 600s and qualify for a mortgage.
Starting Score:473 1/25/2020
TU 582 EQ 540 EX 585 as of 5/4/2020
Current Score:TU 627 EQ 612 EX 595 as of 6/12/2020
Goal Score: 790

Cap1 QS $750 | NFCU Cash Rewards $4500 | Citi (sec) $200 | Discover It (sec) $300 | BOA (sec) $300 | MJC $5000 | NCD $5000

Gardening goal is >= 6 months (starting June 2020)
Message 36 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hollowtipnwk you have a perspective on your credit situation. Now that you have card base built use them and keep the utilization near low. You will read much in this Forum on lettimg one account show a balance and keep the dollar amount small. Such an approach does often lead to higher credit scores and so does paying the cards regularly showing usage and a good performance track record. Good luck on your credit journey and ask questions in the Forum as things come up?!

Message 37 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 21 day habit? Tested by yourself?

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anybody checked a state about 21-day habit?

Does it works?)

What are you talking about?

Message 38 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do something regularly 21 days (for example get up at 6, drinking a glass of water with lemon, etc.), it becomes your habit

Message 39 of 255
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do something regularly 21 days (for example get up at 6, drinking a glass of water with lemon, etc.), it becomes your habit

@Anonymous welcome to the forums.

Just for clarity, are you comparing the FICO Fitness Challenge to something habitual, like a diet for instance, as far as commitment goes or...? 

Message 40 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.