cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

Oh let me tell you, I am glad to hear you steered clear of First Premier. I used them mnay years ago to do my first "rebuild" and all they did was sink me lower than before. True predatory CCC! Good luck with your progress, I am thinking maybe the new accounts hitting your report are dropping you a little? Like the AAoA? I am sure others can chime in with bettwr knowledge, but good luck, and keep up with the payoffs!

Message 71 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to tracking my FICO. After a divorce, I did probably every thing possible to make it worse unintentionally. It was a pretty nasty divorce, where she fought for all the assetts and none of the debts. So after a year of me paying everything and her just taking more and more, I stopped paying anything. I cancelled my credit cards that had decent sized limits, and after the divorce opened a couple of very small limit cards that I paid off monthly, but usually showed up as 80% or more utilization. I owned 3 vehicles outright. And hadn't had a vehicle loan in 6 years. I had two collections on my report that were incorrect.  One of them had in the notes that it was 0 balance due to a bankruptcy. I have never declared bankruptcy.

When I started looking at my credit, it was with Credit Karma. I didn't understand the difference in Vantage and FICO. My vantage was about 530. CK helped me understand the utilization issues with my cards. So I paid off the cards I had, I opened two other cards with a little higher limit to get the available limit up to 4000. When I paid off the oldest card, they closed the account. I made the payment in the same month my new debit card came in. Same number, but a new expiration date. When I got the email from them that the payment didn't clear I called in. They took the payment over the phone with the updated info, and said the response they got from the bank was it was an invalid account. I pointed out it was the exact same number, only a new expiration. They still closed the account dispite me never having missed a payment with them.

I took out a car loan. I'm not sure what my FICO was then, but seeing as it's always lower than the Vantage score I see on CK, I'm guessing it was 500 or lower.

I'm working with Lexington Law, they've gotten the two collections removed from all three agencies. I'm going to keep requesting CLI with the Credit One cards I have. And once my scores are over 680, I'm going to try for a mortgage. At this point, the only issues with my credit report is old late pays and the age of my accounts. So I guess it's all a waiting game now.

Message 72 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! I am so excited RN! The last of the 3 cards I recently acquired (my only revolvers) was the first to hit my EQ credit report - my Williams Sonoma Store Card. A 21 point jump! I know it is just my Vantage 3.0 score and it is still terrible (now 587), but it still gives me hope, and I can't wait to see if there is a little boost in my FICO scores as well and how the other 2 CRAs will measure it.... I will try AZEO once all 3 are reporting. Wow what a difference in my credit score when I actually have credit cards reporting! It is a toy limit and I decided against buying anything after getting it via the SCT...and I am glad! I didn't think it would report until after the first billing statement. It shows $0 bal (maybe I should have bought a whisk lol so it wasn't docked for being exactly 0%). Now to keep on trying to get the baddies and uglies off the reports and garden my new seedlings!

Message 73 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

I want to get to 800 in 2020. 

I did credit repair in 2018-2019 - Bought a new ride in March 2019 and a new house in July 2019. I only have a total credit limit of 12350 right now so I'm aiming for MORE credit to help utilization. My family is in Florida and I am in NC with 5 kids, so TRAVEL CARDS are my mission for 2020!!

Starting Score: 545
Current Score: 656
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 74 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ready for the challenge. Gardening 'till 1/2022.

End goal score 770+

Message 75 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

I'm completely oblivious to how to increase credit access using soft pulls!!  Advise?

Message 76 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ask the creditor now (after I applied for CLIs on three accounts and discovered that they were all hard inquiries.) Most major banks have a pre-qualification on their websites and they will tell you upfront whether or not they are soft pulls. I know American Express, Bank of America, Chase, Capital One, and maybe Citibank have pre-qualification.

Message 77 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

That's only for increases, right? Not the initial  approval?

Message 78 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAMUGrad2001 that is for new accounts.
Message 79 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

I understand that the prequal is a soft pull, but you still have to apply and that's a hard pull, right?

Message 80 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.