cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

FAMUGrad2001, yes but if you want to see what might be likely to be approved from a soft pull helps instead of the regular route of applying for and possibly getting denied. I've used this method on the issuer's website when I would get "98% likely approved cards" from third party sites. It saves wasting a hard pull on a card the issuer is likely not to approve.  I can't think of any major bank card issuer at the moment that approves an application with a soft pull alone.

Check out this article: https://www.cardrates.com/advice/soft-pull-credit-cards/

Message 81 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

How much can you trust a preapp process that asks for you full SSN?

Starting Score: 545
Current Score: 656
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 82 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

It generally clearly states that this will not impact your credit score. Make sure and read it before submitting, but I havent had an issue with any CCC regarding pre-approval apps. It will even state usually that this is not an actual app for credit. If for some reason there is a HP, you should make sure to have a SS of the pre-approval screen before submitting so you can dispute it: worst case scenario

Message 83 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAMUGrad2001, if you you thinking it was only a soft pull inquiry and they ask for a full social security number? Hmm, I would probably not complete the process if it was me.

Message 84 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

Yeah. I haven't. 

Message 85 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did several of the pre-approvals recently to see what was avilable to me (BofA, Citi, Cap1, Discover) and most required a full ssn. Not a single HP was done. All had the disclaimers of not an actual credit app, no harm to your credit score, etc.

I also got my VS and WS cards via the SCT with just the last 4 of my ssn (only store cards, but ymmv) and there is no guarantee that it will only be a SP. Even using the last 4 of your SSN may result in a HP. Mine were thankfully SPs, but again, no guarantee...

Message 86 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

Just did discover preapp. And recommended for IT cash back and IT gas and restaurants 

Message 87 of 255
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

SCT never worked for me. 

Message 88 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to myFICO and a first-timer with the challenge. I started watching my scores early 2019 when I bought a car. I had zero revolving accounts; just one mortgage with a rocky payment history from

a year or so prior (I rent it out) and my other mtg is only in hubs name. 

Financially comfortable. When I got remarried we did Dave Ramsey FPU - if we couldn't buy with cash, we didn't (except the mortgages). 

Since my car,  I opened some credit cards. My score was steadily rising then we took some trips late summer and used the cards some and utilization went up (didn't know what that was at the time), my mortgage also transferred, twice, AND I had a medical bill I was disputing go to collections. I was over 700 and took over a 100pt drop..  I am now back up to 620. I'm 'gardening'.. working on my revolving accounts. Not sure what else I can do really. Looking to get back to that 700 as soon as possible. 

Message 89 of 255
EverForward
Established Contributor

New here!  I have been following this incredible forum for about a month or so.

My FICO8 scores as of yesterday are as follows:

• EX 572 (1 HP)
  • EQ 598 (2 HP)
  • TU 549 (2 HP)

I am diligently striving to rebuilding my credit and portfolio after filing BK 12/2018, discharge 3/2019.

I've obtained a 24/mo $500 Self loan on 1/3/2020 to get the ball rolling.  My loan and payments have reported to EX and EQ but no payments have reported to TU as of yet, so hopefully they'll report soon.

Last month, I acquired a $300 NFCU secured Visa and a $500 unsecured Cap1 Platinum MC.  Neither of these cards have reported yet.  I am sitting on a preapproval for a OLLO MC Platinum card but I have not app'd yet.  Still undecided if I should apply for the OLLO or another card?  I understand I should obtain at least 3 cards, but being as selective as I can while avoiding HPs when I can.

In addition to learning as much as possible, my goal this year is to add 100+ to my scores asap as I continue down this path of recovery.  I would love a few more quality cards, with some upgrade potential, for my credit portfolio.  I plan to follow AZEO as best I can.

So very much to learn, thank you!

Message 90 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.