cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

@EverForward   Wecome to the community.

Stick with NFCU. Perhaps, wait until 6 months from 1st card approval and apply for your 2nd Navy card.

Once your self loan is closed, Navy also does a 5 year SSL.

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards
Message 91 of 255
EverForward
Established Contributor

Thank you @AllZero!

Message 92 of 255
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@EverForward wrote:

Thank you @AllZero!

You're welcome.

Message 93 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just registered here and I wanted to take on this challenge. Hoping to learn more along the way.

Message 94 of 255
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just registered here and I wanted to take on this challenge. Hoping to learn more along the way.

@Anonymous  Welcome to myFICO forums!

Plenty to read and soak in. Ton's of great information.

A good place to start is here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/

Plenty of sub threads.

Take care and enjoy!

Message 95 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope and pray I can reach 750 or better across all boards by the end of 2020.

I'm just trying to be more responsible than I was in my 20s with my credit/finances. I'm in the process of building my credit,saving more and learning the stock market.

Message 96 of 255
Nikki66972
New Contributor

I've watched this group for many years and now I finally understand it. I'm too new for the fitness challenge logo.

My fitness was going good in 2016. I removed/not paid negative debt. My scores were in the mid 600s. I had all kinds of credit cards (most from the shopping cart trick). I just bought a new 2017 Ford Edge in Dec 2017. (repossessed June 2018).

Then it all came crashing down.  My husband was fired. The 4 real estate commissions I was expecting, all fell through and we were evicted Jan 2018. My husband fell into a depression and never looked for work.

I separated from my husband in Feb 2018 [This a bigger story than the eviction]. All my credit went in the tank. My kids and I were homeless, my Mother died and I lapsed into severe depression.

I remember going to a friends house for Thanksgiving dinner and my kids and I slept in the car that night and the two nights following. Just crazy. I was driving for Lyft as best I could.  I mentally couldn't sell a house if I had too. I started looking for a 9 to 5 job which was a bit harder than I realized after 10 years of being an independent contractor.

I was hired in May 2019 ($80k). My mental state was getting better. I sold 2 homes in July 2019.

I'm now paying off the 2017 debt and just got a 2017 Ford Edge in December. It's nearly the same car, just a better model. I'm still shocked about the car. 

My divorce is nearly finished. I'm working my way back. I have a new listing now too. 

March 26, 2020: EQ 589 / TU 599 / EX 573

Discover It secured $300

Mission Lane $750

First Progress secured $350

Total $300

J Crew $450

Buckle $100

BridgeCrest car loan $25,000

Goal 680 across the board and buy a home. I'm still homeless. My estranged husband and I are living in a one bedroom house with our kids. I sleep in the living room with our daughter. My scores are too low to find a place of my own. Landlords in the Bay Area  are requesting 680 while a home purchase wants 640, strange. I paid 3 collections with PRA that should fall off soon.  I have 2 more collection to go. 

Thanks for listening.

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

March 2020
Message 97 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nikki66972 wrote:

I've watched this group for many years and now I finally understand it. I'm too new for the fitness challenge logo.

My fitness was going good in 2016. I removed/not paid negative debt. My scores were in the mid 600s. I had all kinds of credit cards (most from the shopping cart trick). I just bought a new 2017 Ford Edge in Dec 2017. (repossessed June 2018).

Then it all came crashing down.  My husband was fired. The 4 real estate commissions I was expecting, all fell through and we were evicted Jan 2018. My husband fell into a depression and never looked for work.

I separated from my husband in Feb 2018 [This a bigger story than the eviction]. All my credit went in the tank. My kids and I were homeless, my Mother died and I lapsed into severe depression.

I remember going to a friends house for Thanksgiving dinner and my kids and I slept in the car that night and the two nights following. Just crazy. I was driving for Lyft as best I could.  I mentally couldn't sell a house if I had too. I started looking for a 9 to 5 job which was a bit harder than I realized after 10 years of being an independent contractor.

I was hired in May 2019 ($80k). My mental state was getting better. I sold 2 homes in July 2019.

I'm now paying off the 2017 debt and just got a 2017 Ford Edge in December. It's nearly the same car, just a better model. I'm still shocked about the car. 

My divorce is nearly finished. I'm working my way back. I have a new listing now too. 

March 26, 2020: EQ 589 / TU 599 / EX 573

Discover It secured $300

Mission Lane $750

First Progress secured $350

Total $300

J Crew $450

Buckle $100

BridgeCrest car loan $25,000

Goal 680 across the board and buy a home. I'm still homeless. My estranged husband and I are living in a one bedroom house with our kids. I sleep in the living room with our daughter. My scores are too low to find a place of my own. Landlords in the Bay Area  are requesting 680 while a home purchase wants 640, strange. I paid 3 collections with PRA that should fall off soon.  I have 2 more collection to go. 

Thanks for listening.

Good luck with your quest and it looks like you have come a bit of the way already with paying those couple collections! It may not feel like it, but each step is getting you closer to your goal!

Homelessness, especially with children, I can't imagine how tough that was for all of you. I have been there minus the children, but sucked nonetheless, and I am sure it is nice to at least to have a roof over you and your childrens heads now, even under the less than ideal circumstances. I bet it also felt great to sell some houses again! Congrats! You will be in the swing of things before you know it! People are really wanting to buy right now, so I have my fingers crossed for you!

I am 4 years post my darkest days now and I honestly can't even believe what I went through and how far I have come. It feels great and I am incredibly proud of myself and you should be proud of yourself too!

Feel free to ask questions of any kind to help get your credit where it needs to be, there are lots of helpful people in the forums!

Message 98 of 255
Nikki66972
New Contributor

Thank you for the encouragement. I feel good most days. My Mom's birthday was yesterday, so it's been hard. Mother's Day is still coming. <sigh>

Once these 3 collections fall off, it will be a happy day. Already budgeting to pay off number 4.

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 680

March 2020
Message 99 of 255
milliman1

hello

I am on a mission - raise my score to 750 by the end of the year. I have 3 cards.  I have all my cards paid up to 95%. and I am not trying to remove the negs from my report. Looking for a way to raise my score, not sure how to accomplish that. Any ideas?

thanks!

@Kenny wrote:
dreamstime_2020

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our ELEVENTH year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?!
If you have financial goals, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What is the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO signature on your Profile page (Go to My SettingsPersonal ProfilePersonal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature, so it directs to the current challenge. If you'd like, you can review 2019's challenge here.

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 750

Message 100 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.