cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2020!

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 

I mentioned I plan to garden for a year. But when I clicked on the NFCU thread I provided, it showed a lot of people applying for another card in 91 days and 3 statements . "91/3". It seems to be the recommended move. 

I am wondering if this is a good or bad idea. And why it seems to be encouraged to do this with NFCU then garden with the credit limits. I was planning to apply next year for the next NFCU card. Because I honestly was shocked they even gave me $15K lol 

@Anonymous, Sorry ..

I do not want to mess with your gardening plans.

So I will leave it up to you?

Message 161 of 255
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called today to take care of my medical debt so soon that $227 will be paid! Smiley Happy 🙌🏾

CongratulationsSmiley Happy

WooHooSmileyWave-vi.gif

Message 162 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007  I'm in a serious rebuild bec I'd like to refinance this house eventually so...

im going to not pull the trigger lol. I think I was lucky to get what I did. 

Message 163 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brand new to this. Really working to up my scores for an up coming home purchase.

A little history on me: In my early 20s I didn't realize how imporant having credit was. I thought credit was evil and that by not having any charge accounts with crazy intrest I was avoiding having bad credit. What I had wasn't bad, it was just no credit. So I really started attemping to get credit 7-8 years ago, but I didn't understand how it all worked so I had a lot of denied applications and very little young credit. Made some more mistakes along the way, medical bills in colections and so forth. Finally wised up and stopped applying for anything I didn't need. That all helped, but I am still not where I want to be. I have a few late payments that are hurting me, high student loan debt, a smallish amount of avalible credit. With our last car and home purchase my credit wasn't good enough to be used on the loans and with our next purchase I really want it to be. 

Here is want I have done so far:

I used the Experian Boost to improve my scores by adding some utilites to my report.

I have consolidated my student loans to get the payment at a manageable level.  I plan to pay extra, as I can do it. 

I am working with a credit repair guy recommended by  my mortgage freind. He is going to get a couple of derogitory medical bills removed from my report and I am following all of his reccomendatons.

I've paid all my spouses and my credit cards and lines down (less than 20 on all CC, and to 500 on a credit line).

He advised that we need a better mix of credit, and more avalible credit so we each opened 5000 credit line and have about a 100 charged to it.

Other than that I am just makeing sure to pay on time and watching for credit rating to grow. In the last month (since I paid a lot of debt down) I have seen my scores jump EQ +30  TU +34  EX +67 (Fico8) I wish mortgages looked at Fico8, unfortunatly they use older models.

Message 164 of 255
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Hi All! Well I am a late starter for the 2020 challenge. I have searched all around the forum and I think this is likely where I belong:-) These boards have been a wealth of information for me on both what to do and even what not to do through the years. I read all I can and it has helped me tremendously. My only focus right now is to get as financially secure as I can be. I don't have any desire to app or seek new credit. I just want to make some positive moves towards being as close to debt free as I can get. I hope to keep my credit in-tact in the process. I want to get a restart and kick things into gear for the future. My goals for 2020 are: 1. Get all debt clear with the exception of my student loan and house. I should accomplish by the end of August barring any unforeseen events. 2. Pay down 10k on my student loan before year's end with my set budgeted amount. 3. Save as much as I possibly can while paying the debt down. 4. Weed out some cards to close. Bonus: See if I can reach 850 on each bureau as a challenge to myself. That's about it. Here's to a great year for everyone despite the current COVID crisis. I truly hope everyone reaches their goals for the year!
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 165 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello myFICO community,

My goals:
I would like to someday have the honor of having a Chase Bank Card and or AMEX with a decent CL.
Second to that I would like to be offered or able to get a card from my bank that I've banked with for 25 yrs (same account).
Third is to have the ability to get a loan at a low rate to update my 30 yr old kitchen.

My reports state I have AoOA of almost 10 yrs and 19yrs -- not sure where that is coming from as I do not have an account with that age (mystery).

Most of my card are pre approvals and soft pulls. I do have a fear of applying, getting a hard pull with a chance of being denied. That would be another goal is to gain confidence.

My plan is to just sit things out, buy something small each month, pay off the balance and wait. Not even sure if that is the right thing to do. I hope to learn much from you all.

Current: 
Discover It 3600,  Home Depot 1000,  Overstock 10000,  Sephora Visa 1000,  Ulta 300

EFX 777
AoOA 9 Years, 8 Months ago
AAoA 2 Years, 10 Months
New Credit as of 5/2020 10%
INQ 0

TU 803
AoOA 9 Years, 8 Months ago
AAoA 2 Years, 10 Months
INQ 0

EX 761
AoOA 19YR 5MO (no clue what it is though)
AAoA 6YR 2MO
INQ 1

I look forward to skimming through the forum Smiley Happy
Message 166 of 255
TaylorTaylor
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been doing this challenge on my own since August of 2019, but I have a signature now so I guess it is official!

My current goal is a new car, but also saving money to settle Navient debt that has been charged off.

Fico 8
Starting Score (06/2020):
Current Score (12/2023):

Fico 9
Starting (10/2019):
Current (12/2023):

Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card: $10,000 - CapitalOne SavorOne: $11,000 - Care Credit: $20,000 - Target RedCard: $5000 - Apple: $2250 - Amazon: $10,000 - Synchrony Home Design $21,000
Message 167 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, im hoping to make some good progress this year and buy my first home. My wife already has her fico scores in the 790's im lagging behind in the mid 600's. I have one collection which will be deleted this month and i have a few missed payments from 2018 3 in total on different accounts. All of my accounts are up to date and my utilization is under 10%. I was just added as an authorized user on one of my wifes cards which will bump up my available credit by 5000. I also paid off a 6 year car loan with no missed or late payments.

Message 168 of 255
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just starting to rebuild the credit, excited to get advice and tips!

Message 169 of 255
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just starting to rebuild the credit, excited to get advice and tips!

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forums!

This may be some good reading;

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/ABCD2199-s-Eleven-Rules-to-Credit-Rebuilding/td-p/5074148

Message 170 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.