cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2021!

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2021!

@mgood wrote:

What are y'all using for your "Starting Score, Current Score, Goal Score"? Pick one out of the three? Or are you averaging them, or what?

You can use all 3 (example: exp 700/eq 700/tu 700) or 1 bureau that is a goal score for like an upcoming app ie. loan, mortgage, etc.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my lowest to push me to do better 

Message 22 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit late to the party but my goals are to continue healing from bankrupcy and hopefully qualify for a major store card (like Amazon) by the end of the year since I'll be 2 years post ch7. I'd also like to get my score closer to 700!

Message 23 of 101
mgood
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@mgood wrote:

What are y'all using for your "Starting Score, Current Score, Goal Score"? Pick one out of the three? Or are you averaging them, or what?

You can use all 3 (example: exp 700/eq 700/tu 700) or 1 bureau that is a goal score for like an upcoming app ie. loan, mortgage, etc.  

@Anonymous wrote:

I use my lowest to push me to do better 

I just went with my middle score of the 3 on FICO 8. Averaging them came within a point or two of that anyway. But my goal is to have all three at 740+, at which time I'll move the goal post to 780+ Smiley Wink

All my baddies have dropped off. My only issue right now is lowering utilization and adding a little age to the accounts. Adding new accounts to help lower UTL also reduces the average age, of course, so I'm going to cool it on that for a while.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 24 of 101
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i have spreadsheets for everything never thought to lay my scores out in such a way thanks for the inspiration!!!

Oh, yeah! I love spreadsheets. I do have spreadsheets for everything too, lol!

This one came to be after trying many different ways to visually follow the trends on all 28 scores, month after month. It's rudimentary, but it does what it was intended to do. I can immediately "feel" how I am doing without the need of reading the scores; no oranges, just 1 yellow cell, most cells are lime green, and several dark green... that last one plays a really cool psychological factor in me, because it means my scores are finally reaching the 800's!!! On the FICO Mortgage section, the two green cells happen to also be in bold because they not only reached 740, but they also reached 760; which was a personal goal. 

175D24E6-3C59-4027-A22B-9BB52E7F2A60_1_201_a.jpeg

AU:

Message 25 of 101
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3. Help my younger sibling start building credit.

As I just entered the world of credit last year I need to graduate from my disco secured card + cap1 secured card. I plan to keep reading this forum and educating myself and others around me about credit. I read somewhere on here "a good friend won't let you earn 1% back" haha

More power to you, esp. #3   You're awesome to do this.

Yeah, that 1% thing is funny.

Happy 2021!

I second this! When you use freshly acquired knowledge to better yourself, that's awesome... But, when you also do it to help others, you become an awesome person yourself! Smiley Wink

AU:

Message 26 of 101
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy 

I started back in March 2020, but joined the challenge in October or November last year.

Baby steps, with occasional large jumps lol

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

4) Raised my credit scores by ~150 points 

^^^^^ Luv it!  ^^^^^  Congrats and Welcome, you're obviously NOT late....not after doing that.

You did great!! Congrats on your 150 pts score increase!!
I had a 142 pts increase on my EQ8, and 159 pts increase on EQ9, so I know firsthand how impactful a high score increase is to keep you going strong! Much respect to your diligence and discipline!

AU:

Message 27 of 101
mgood
Valued Contributor

@CreditBones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
i have spreadsheets for everything never thought to lay my scores out in such a way thanks for the inspiration!!!

Oh, yeah! I love spreadsheets. I do have spreadsheets for everything too, lol!

This one came to be after trying many different ways to visually follow the trends on all 28 scores, month after month. It's rudimentary, but it does what it was intended to do. I can immediately "feel" how I am doing without the need of reading the scores; no oranges, just 1 yellow cell, most cells are lime green, and several dark green... that last one plays a really cool psychological factor in me, because it means my scores are finally reaching the 800's!!! On the FICO Mortgage section, the two green cells happen to also be in bold because they not only reached 740, but they also reached 760; which was a personal goal. 

175D24E6-3C59-4027-A22B-9BB52E7F2A60_1_201_a.jpeg

I like your layout there. Mine is just in a text file, but same basic info.

scores.jpg

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 28 of 101
Technician2210
Established Member

Hopefully I'm not too late to start this challenge, so here goes:

1. I am buying a house this year, so my goal is to get a decent enough rate and close that deal.
  2. My goal is to increase my median FICO 8 credit score by 20 points by the end of the year. End of 2022 goal is 750.
  3. I was recently approved for 2 cards with a total CL of $10k with a zero balance on all. Goal is to keep total utilization down to 8% one the largest one.
  4. I would like to get approved for an AMEX BCP and a Chase Freedom Unlimited or a Chase Sapphire.
  5. I want to get 2 baddies removed via goodwill letters, we'll see how that goes. 

Wish me luck!

DEARLY DEPARTED:

NEXT UP:

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 29 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the forum so just joining now... Smiley Happy

Last year, I raised my score 102 pts, in large courtesy to Covid sheltering with family (which heavily cut expenses) and starting a new job (raise!) then some intense spreadsheet'ing and dedication to paying down balances.

My 2021 goals:

1. All cards 9% util or under (4 left to go, post a recent BT)

2. Increase CL on Chase Freedom, Cap1, Discover IT, Macy's (store card)

3. Settle outstanding loan with DC (even though they aren't reporting...)

4. Lower ALL interest rates

5. Scores of 720+ (750+, if I end up staying with family longer)

Bonus: Get Chase to upgrade my Freedom card.

Message 30 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.