cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2021!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2021!

Tidying up......

Message 81 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting mid-year, but better late than never. I have two old accounts in collections I need to get sorted out. My only current debt is my truck. I got a 6-year loan but I'm on track to pay it off in 4. Would like to like to knock it down even more.

Message 82 of 101
Technician2210
Established Member

A quick mid-month update on my mortgage journey. I'm still waiting to lock in a rate, and I'm down to the last 60 days sprint. My scores at the end of this month and whatever happens in June will be the clincher. While I'm not where I would have wanted to be (lowest mortgage score at 740+) at least I'm making good progress.

MORTGAGE SCORE (FICO 5, 4, 2) history:

November 2020:

EXP: 622

TU: 645

EQ: 658

March 2021:

EXP: 680

TU: 672

EQ: 650

April 2021:

EXP: 677

TU: 672

EQ: 654

DEARLY DEPARTED:

NEXT UP:

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 83 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have had a heck of a year ... COVID and all!

Just increased my FICO 8 score at TU to 803 this month ... it really opened my eyes to how hard it is to pay your debt but how easy it is to run it up.  EQ and EXP are coming along nicely as well.

I have been immersed in improving (fixing) my credit scores and it has really paid off ... so many things are open to me now in terms of investments, travel, education.  I really don't understand all the "gimme, gimme" that people have to say to the government.  There is nothing like hard work to appreciate things in life.

Many thanks to all here who have provided advice to others that I have followed to get where I am - and where I am not!

Message 84 of 101
KikiTheCookie

I'm so excited sometimes old wounds do heal if given time! 

I have so many projects I'm working on and am excited about reaching a 750 credit score in the very near future! I'm currently paying $2k-$3k per month to my personal debt.

Starting Score: 575
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 750

Message 85 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking to buy a new vehicle next spring after I pay off my current vehicle loan.  My goal is to get my score above a 750 to qualify for a better rate.  Overall, I would like to be apart of the 800 club. 

Message 86 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:
2021-balloons-e1489005372593.jpg

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our TWELFTH year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?!
If you have financial goals, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What is the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO signature on your Profile page (Go to My SettingsPersonal ProfilePersonal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature, so it directs to the current challenge. If you'd like, you can review 2020's challenge here.

Checking if it works.

Message 87 of 101
Technician2210
Established Member

Banner weekend for me! I applied and was approved for the American Express Gold and the Chase Sapphire Preferred! I'm going to be buying appliances anyway, so I figured why not snatch up those big SUBs?

Amex was a soft pull for me (current customer). Chase was a hard pull on Experian and Equifax. I lost 1 point on Equifax and 3 on Experian. 

I also "forgot" a quick supermarket trip on one of my old credit builder cards ($250 limit) that posted before I remembered. So I had 66% utilization on that card, even though my total utilization went down. So much for AZEO this month. I cut the card by the way, I don't need that mistake happening next month. Every card has to be played close to my chest, even though I took a little gamble. Next month is going to be good!

DEARLY DEPARTED:

NEXT UP:

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 88 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

working?

Message 89 of 101
mcl524

Better late than never!

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 599
Goal Score: 850

Message 90 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.