cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2022!

tag
moto4man
Regular Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2022!

Hello all!  Thanks for having me...

Late start on financial maturity brought me here seeking help.  

Started out lurking in the 540's.  Made some strides, started asking questions specific to my situation.  The help I've received has brought me in the right direction.  

Goals are to retain RV financing at a rate that will make it affordable.  Increase available credit substantially.  Hopefully in the form of one HP.   Working on any and all points for mortgage work.  

Goals are high, but I don't want to fall asleep at the wheel.

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 694EX 689EQ 696TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 47
ronniejr
Valued Member

Jan 2022  FICO 8

EX: 680

EQ: ??? 

TU: 675

Paid off both Credit Cards Jan 14th. (Maxed out 1000.00 AMEX Optima and 7000.00 Care Credit)

March 2022  FICO 8

EX:  815

EQ:  823

TU:  805

Never had/no history of a House or Care loan.  I live in a Tent and ride a bike.  

pretty good position at the ripe old age of 51.

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

I am Nate and I am very new to joining forum; however, I have stalked it for many years. Thought it would be a good time to join and challenge myself to get my credit un-clustered. I will takeaway all that I can from the seasoned pros here and improve the things. Thank you! 

Message 23 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goals are primarily driven by my need to break free from my abusive relationship. I had some small accounts go into collections during my divorce and subsequently they were closed/charged off which now leaves me with waiting for them to fall off automatically. I have been successful at having a few removed through the dispute process - especially medical bills that were originally submitted to my health insurance provider at the time. I don't know whether those were ever actually paid by the insurance company or not but I do know they were submitted there first.  My student loans were all federally subsidized and as of 2021 they were purchased by the Department of Education and show up as "paid in full", "closed", or "transfered to government" on my credit reports (depending on the bureau). My short term goals include finding small limit cards and utilizing my meager income as an Airbnb host and Amazon arbitrage re-seller to pay them down on-time every month in order to raise my score and approval odds for higher limit. Once I reach that milestone, I'll hopefully get approved for a larger limit so I can buy a car at a lower finance rate. Unfortunately, living in California without a vehicle is not so easy but once I'm able to get where I need to go, I'll finally be able to leave my situation.

Message 24 of 47
sweets2323
Established Member

When Itry to tclick the link to take the quiz, it takes me back to the forum.

@Kenny wrote:

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our THIRTEENTH year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?!
If you have financial goals, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What is the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO signature on your Profile page (Go to My SettingsPersonal ProfilePersonal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature, so it directs to the current challenge. If you'd like, you can review 2021's challenge here.

@Kenny wrote:

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our THIRTEENTH year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?!
If you have financial goals, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What is the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO signature on your Profile page (Go to My SettingsPersonal ProfilePersonal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature, so it directs to the current challenge. If you'd like, you can review 2021's challenge here.

Auto Score 8 Equifax 725
Auto Score 9 Equifax 734 Transunion 717 Experian 718
Auto Loan 5, 4, 2 Equifax 744 Transunion 730 Experian 748
Message 25 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

my goals for 2022 are as follows:

1.  remove derogatory items from credit reports.

2.  obtain personal loan to pay off credit cards.

3.  Utilize AZEO to achieve maximum scoring benefits.

4.  obtain high quality credit cards (namely PenFed)

5.  replace LendingClub personal loan with one from PenFed.

Message 26 of 47
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

Hello all!

I have a very long debt payoff journey ahead of me (see the Rebuilding board) so my 2022 goals are just to decrease my overall debt and utilization (currently 90%+ on all cards) and raise my credit scores.  My hope is doing this will enable me to consolidate my debt into a personal loan with lower interest rate than my credit cards (20%+).  I'm honestly surprised my scores are as high as they are given how high my utilization currently is.  I guess the only thing saving my scores are that I have no charge offs / collections and no recent late payments.  If I can reach 700 by the end of the year that should put me in a good position to get a loan with a managable interest rate.  I'll be paying down $18K worth of debt this month so hoperfully that will give my scores a bit of a bump and a head start on that goal.

My very, very longterm goal is to buy a new car once all my debt is gone or mostly gone.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 27 of 47
LA11234

My goal this year is to build to a low 700 fueled by wanting to qualify for a mortgage loan. My primary issues are to reduce util from 50% to 9% and age those baddies. 56 baddies in total: 40 on navient private student loans (Smiley Sad!!) the other 16 are on various accounts. No lates in the last 12 months! 

Starting Score: EX 529, EQ 530, TU 533
Current Score: EX 675, EQ 676, TU 680
Goal Score:800

Message 28 of 47
RobynJ
Established Contributor

looking forward to a prosperous year. I have started over at 50 and since I have not tried to have any credit at all for years I started out again with that big ole' "0" a whopping nata. This also means for me that I have no negative alsoSmiley Happy 

My goal is to keep the 5 cards that I just received (all secured) for about a year and then graduate then to a unsecured. 0 to 700's here I come.

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

/
Message 29 of 47
Indaeyez

Hello all! Like many others I'm on this journey of rebuilding my credit. I think having a better credit/profile is essential to me purchasing a home in the next 2 yrs or so if life permits.  I have no negatives on my report just debt that I have acculated over the past 3 or so year (life happened). 

Since the html code didn't work my previous, current and goal scores below. 

Starting Scores: TU: 668  EX: 686 EQ: 660

Current Scores: TU: 712  EX: 719  EQ: 668

Goal Scores: 800

Starting Score: TU: 668 EX: 686 EQ: 660
Current Score: TU 8: 748 EX 8: 767 EQ 8: 751
Goal Score: 800

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.