cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2023!

tag
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2023!

Hi everyone! 

I wanted to join the FICO fitness challenge here! My goals for this year are just to garden and purchase a home. 

Me and DW are already prequalified for house and will start actively putting in offers late Feb/March. So obviously no credit moves until after closing.  

I don't have any cards in sight or mind, and mostly just want to keep gardening while increasing current credit lines and waiting for old CO derogs to fall off in 2-3 years I think. Hoping and curious to see if cross over into 700+ this year!

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 26
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Hello my fellow MyFICOers!

My goal for this year is to get my total credit utilization under at least 30 percent from what is currently 61 percent. I'd also like to get my credit scores into the 740-760 range, so I have been gardening. As far as goal cards are concerned, when I reach 13 months with zero inquiries (I'm currently at 4 months), I'm going to apply to graduate my Secured U.S. Bank Cash+ card. I have several other goal cards, but none that I wish to apply for this year.

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 12 of 26
Akroyear
Established Member

Greetings all!  

I'm excited to take part in this challenge.  I'm looking to finally have good credit for the first time in my life.  I got my credit score up to 630+ after bankruptcy, but inflation hit my family hard and I had to sacrifice my credit to keep the lights on and a roof over my head, along with feeding a pre-teen and a teenager.  I did it once, I can do it again.  I got all of my credit card balances back down, I'm paying off my closed accounts, and I plan to just garden for a few months while my credit score rises.  I'm treating the credit cards as just temporary holding cells for my money.  I have reminders to pay them way down before they report.  So my utilization should stay low.

Starting Score:
Current Score:

Credit building cards:
Message 13 of 26
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

This is my first time doing the MyFico Fitness Challenge. 

My goal for this year is to pay down my credit debt that was reporting at 86k. I have thus far this year paid off 4/13 cards which now has me around 70k still owed. I want to raise my FICO scores so that in 2 years I can attempt to buy a 2nd home (assuming interest rates have come down by then). I am also paying down my total debts. I managed to pay off my private school loans, making my federal school loans the only school loans left to tackle...but paying that off will be a marathon not a sprint. I would like to be realistic and say I would like to pay both my AMEX cards off this year as well as try to save at least 5k this year (doing the 100 envelope challenge with a friend).

I am gardening until next year due to me wanted to get the Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire cards. But this year is just all about the pay down and trying to save what I can on the side. 

I am eager to see if I can achieve the AMEX pay off and savings because I make plans, and life always happens and throws me off track. GL everyone!

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Message 14 of 26
ozzman469
Valued Member

Hi Everyone,

First time doing a challenge like this. Currently have about $89k in debt between 2 car loans, 5 credit cards (58% total utilization), and 1 personal loan. My goal for the year is to pay off my personal loan and get under 20% utilization. This is all to set up for (hopefully) purchasing a house next year once 1 of my car loans is paid in full (Feb 1 2024).

Starting Score: EQ667/TU681/EX654
Current Score: EQ667/TU686/EX654
Goal Score: 700+

Message 15 of 26
chelleinLV

Hi everyone,

I know, I am late to the party.  I am looking to raise my scores and pay off my debt, currently am in 25k including my car but not including my house.  I was lucky enough to buy a house years ago that now people say is worth a LOT more than it is lol  I have four credit cards, two of which are maxed out and my total utilization is at 63%.  Filed BK 08/2019 and fell right back into the credit card debt trap and am now trying to dig myself out.  Thanks for letting me join!

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 653
Goal Score: 700 (to start)

Message 16 of 26
zbbws

Hi everyone!

I am about two months late to the party, however, I have a couple of solid goals this year I think. The first goal is to learn more about FICO scores, the scoring system, and the factors that routinely result in adjustments to scores (whether up or down). Secondly, because I've had poor to fair credit most of my short adult life, making recent improvements has me nervous and I'd like to maintain this momentum. My scores exactly one year ago were EX: 624, TU: 631, and EQ: 637 and now they're currently at EX: 731, EQ: 770, and TU: 774. Bringing my utilization down helped significantly with it moving between 4-6% regularly across all cards on a monthly basis. I've been consistent the past 5 months with paying it down and keeping it down.

I also have quite a few revolving accounts, 9 in total (3 of which aren't bringing me much value but I'm forced to keep one due to the age of the card and how it helps my overall score).

Because I'd like to buy a new car within the next year I am laser focused on stabilizing my scores for the long-term.

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 770
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 26
Staralchemist

Hello everyone!

Signing up to join this challenge! Prior to joining, I had begun bringing a couple credit cards current after missing payments from an extended period of limited income after a layoff during the pandemic. Thankfully, I recently started a new role that will help me to work towards eliminating debt and build savings. My challenge now is to bring my scores up, utilization down, and be in the best position possible to purchase a new vehicle by mid-summer. I am currently at 618 TU, 583 EQ, 581 EX. This should be better next month as I just paid one of my credit card balances in full - from 95% utilized to 0%! I also sent a goodwill letter requesting the removal of late payments... results to be seen. My main goal is to raise my TU FICO to above 700 by the time I talk to a credit union for an auto loan approval. Everything on my reports point to the lates in 2022 and high utilization as being the blockers to that goal.

In reviewing my credit, my objectives in 2023:

1) Pay off another credit card (possibly a 3rd where I am an authorized user)

2) Pay off a small outstanding loan and request for it to be deleted from my reports.

3) Seek to remove old paid collections.

4) Continue to make payments on time

I will definitely have some questions and seek to learn more strategy in the coming weeks and months. I know this is the best place to be get my credit back on track.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I am in the garden for the next few months, not applying for any new credit until the auto loan.

Thanks for having me Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 583 | TU 618 | EX 581
Current Score: EQ 610 | TU 636 | EX 614
Goal Score: EQ 700 | TU 710 | EX 700

Message 18 of 26
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

Hi! I am new to the Challenge. I just completed my BK13 and now waiting for my Discharge. My goal is to raise my scores (750 club) and obtain great cc's with awesome credit limits. Looking forward to reaching my goals. 

CreditOne Platinum:$500/CreditOne American Express $500/Self Secured CC $575

Starting Scores in BK13: EX521,TU537,EX520
Current Scores as of April 2, 23: Waiting on Discharge: EX649,TU608,EX579
Goal Scores: EQ750,TU750,EX750

Message 19 of 26
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

Late to posting... Better late than never? 

I had a chapter 7 bankruptcy dismissed in December 2022 and am working hard to rebuild. I know its an ultra marathon not a sprint, hoping to be able to refinance my auto loan before 2024. Fingers crossed when I hit the 1 year mark (not sure if its discharge or file date that makes it 1 year?!?) some bank will give me a chance - open to insight on any lenders who will lend after a year

BKCH7 - Discharged Dec 2022
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.