cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hello,

I am brand new to this website, but have been working on my credit since May. I have sent out DV letters to all on my CR. Some I have got back, some return to sender, and some removed! I am proud to say that this has caused my one score to be up over 600, but not the other two. Which frustrates me no end! I am not sure what I have to do to get that stuff off them. For instance, LVNV after sending them a letter, I noticed that on two of my reports they changed it from open/revolving account to collector. That caused my credit to jump up, but on the one they didn't change it is a very low 500. Any suggestions on how to take care of that? I never really cared about my credit, not that I didn't care, but I wasn't applying for anything so out of sight , out of mind kind of thing. Now I care..

So any help anyone is willing to send my way I would appreciate it and please try to not get annoyed with all the questions. There will be a lot because I feel sort of lost after sending out the letters. I will start with one collecter at a time..

Message 791 of 1,050
shannonsto
Established Member

Hi All,

New here! I'm looking to build a home next summer, and was well aware my credit isn't up to snuff. I have multiple debts that I haven't paid on since 2008, as well as some unpaid medical bills. I paid off several yesterday, and over the next couple of weeks will pay off the remaining. Then I plan to send GW letters. Also, since I have no credit cards, yesterday I opened up a secured card with Wells Fargo for $1000. Hoping these actions will help. My auto loan is paid off, and I have no other current debts, just the old delinquencies. I'm a single mom with young twins and no support, so I'd really be proud to be in our own home next year :-)

Message 792 of 1,050
djnikki1
New Contributor

UPDATE:  Im on the road to recovering from my credit mistakes.  I have gotten two items from LVNV removed and a medical collections removed.  I'm working on getting some other items either removed or sending PIF Letters with removals.  I was able to get a carloan from Americredit not the best interest rate but a better rate than I was able to get back in 2006. I got a rate of 14.5%/72month loan/$22,000 principal.  I had to put $1000 down.  Monthly payment of $464.25    I'm going to pay on this loan for a year paying more than required and get this loan refinanced with Navy FCU. My credit took a ding because of all the inquires with dealerships to get a car loan with the best rate.  These should go away next month and my score will hopefully raise.  Still working towards my goal of buying a home at the end of 2013. 

@Shannonsto: I am also a single mom to 2 year old twins.  So I know how tough it is and how important it is to improve your credit with little income!  We can do it!!! Smiley Happy

Filed Chapter 13: 9/12/2014, Converted to Chapter 7: 03/25/2015, 341 Meeting: 04/15/2015, Discharged: 07/28/2015
Score from MyFico (08/04//2015): Trans - 507 / Equifax - 554 / Experian - 516
Current Scores: Trans - 611 / Equifax - 562 / Experian - 564
Goal: 650 after 6 months; 700 after 1 year

Current Credit: Kohls - $300, NY&CO - $350, JCrew - $350, Barclay Rewards - $750, Barclay Visa with Apple Rewards - $2000, Credit One - $300, Rally Motor Credit - $14,500, Student Loans - $15000, Ann Taylor - $250, Express - $250, West Elm - $2000.
Message 793 of 1,050
shannonsto
Established Member

@Shannonsto: I am also a single mom to 2 year old twins.  So I know how tough it is and how important it is to improve your credit with little income!  We can do it!!! :smileyhappy:

Yes, we can! Smiley Very Happy

Message 794 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two credit cards and I need to lower the balances and keep them low.

Message 795 of 1,050
bethany
Valued Member

UPDATE: 

just ran "debt reduction planner" on quicken.  i am adding $100 per month to what i'm already paying, in an effort to pay off my debt more quickly.  if i follow this "roll-down" plan, i should be debt-free (except mortgage) by September 2013!!!  YAY!

i got a secured capital one card (limit $200),  first cycle due august 19th.  i hope this will help my score - it hasn't budged for a while.

patience patience patience!

Starting Score 2012: 484 Starting Score 2013: 566 Starting Score 2014: 650
Current Score: 660
Goal Score #1: 660 - achieved! 6/28/14

Goal Score #2: 680
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 796 of 1,050
ramjam25
Established Member

Finally signed up for the challenge even though we only have a few months left! Next year will be a better year to do the challenge for the whole year!

Current lines: Chase Freedom $500 l Walmart Store $600 l Orchard bank $320 l First Premier $300 l First Premier (2) $300 l Capital One Secured $320 l Fingerhut Store $700 l Kay Jewelers $1200 l Navy Federal Visa Signature $6000

Starting Score: 7/12: EFX: 581 EXP: 611
Current Score: EFX: 609
Goal Score: 650 by end of the year

Message 797 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soooo flippin' excited...cannot thanks the Fico boards enough for all the great info on here....

My Story?? short version...file Chap 7 March 8, 2012...discharge June 18, 2012

Kept our loan for '08 Dodge Grand Caravan and CC through our CU only

Was super depressed thinking we would be stuck at the bottom forever....BUT

approved yesterday for a Maurices card--CL $250 (unsecured, no fees....it's a start) and hubby approved for Cap1 Cash Rewards (unsecured $300 CL)

There really is life.....and only 35 days post bankruptcy!!! Woot Woot..Climbing to the top someday!!!!

Message 798 of 1,050
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

A little late in the game, but I really need to improve my credit scores. I got really sick early on in my credit history which left me with late payments and 4 collections. I'm a student, and when I go to graduate school I want to be able to take out private loans if I need to.

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Message 799 of 1,050
stefjay

Hello all, new to these boards.

I signed up for my fico earlier this year (03/2012) with an EQ score of 622. Due to past mistakes (late payments, high utilization) I decided it was time i start becoming more financially responsibly. I'd like to purchase a house within the next year and decided to get my credit situated. So far I've written to three creditors to remove late payments and payed down a significant amount of my debt.

Currently I am only carrying:

Student Loans - $29,000

Personal Loan - $6,000

Auto Loan - $16,000

Credit - $260 (Only have two cards. Best buy - $900 and Cap One - $500)

Since March my EQ score has gone up to 660 (as of this week) and I pulled my Trans score last week which was 674. I still have 4 late payments I am working on, down from 9 when I started!

Looking to open a charge card eventually as I'd like to get away from using my debit card and start earning some point. I have not decided to apply yet as I want to at lease get my score into the 700s. I recieved two selected to apply offers this week from American Express to apply for either Green or Gold but I'm going to wait until I'm comfortable!

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Starting Score: MyFico: EQ 622 (3/2012)
Current Score: MyFico : EQ 734 - TU 741 - EX 747 (11/2014)
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 800 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.