cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
tamzers

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi! I'm a newbie and, like everyone else, am trying to improve my credit score and repair some of the mistakes I made in the past. I'm still learning a lot, so if there are some helpful threads or helpful tips you would like to forward my way, please do!

I have 6 negative marks on my credit report, so I'm open to any advice or guidance on the more experienced members of the group.

1) Banana Republic charge-off ---> wrote them to request deletion on 10/26

2) Citi Thank You card- Citibank offered to delete delinquincies in 2010 when I went on payment plan to pay back my debt  but now that card is closed, the delinquincies are back. I've called and no one can help me. Also says closed by credit grantor when this is not true. How can I get this fixed?

3) Chase- 2 30-day lates from 2007 - was declined for goodwill deletion

4) Golden 1 Student VISA- charge-off  ----> send 30 day debt validation - no response

5) SPS- 90 day delinquent - payment was misapplied. have disputed but no luck.

6) Nordstrom charge-off  - just got them to delete tradeline today!

Thanks everyone!

Starting Score: EX: 592 (2/2012), EQ: 592 (2/2012), TU: 604 (2/2012)
Current Score: EX:719 (12/2012), EQ: 711 (12/2012), TU: 711 (12/2012)
Goal Score: above 740 for all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 941 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to the myFICO Community. My plans are to increase my FICO score to 700+ in the next 6 months to a year. Most of my negative accounts should be off my CR in the next 4-6 months. I have just begun to start on credit repair for myself and my husband. Hopefully, we'll be in a better position to buy a house in 6-12 months.....Any idea how to get the logo to show up on my signature line?

Message 942 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goal is to reach 700 in the next 6-12 months. Plan to acquire new credit card, as all my accounts are old and closed or CO's and Collections. Either wait for baddies to fall off CR, or be proactive about getting them removed (i.e. DV & GWL).

Message 943 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged from Chpt 7 in Dec 2010. FIFO started at 525, current FICO at 679 with $2K Capical One, $7K Jared's Jewelry, $1K  Aglamated, $1,700 Barclay Apple, $500 Barclay Rewards. Less than 15% utilization. Working on sore fr FHA Mortgage Goal is 800.

Message 944 of 1,050
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

If anyone is having trouble getting the logo to appear, make sure this is the image URL you're using: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif

If you're still having trouble, feel free to send me a PM and I'll make the fix for you. 

Thanks! Hope you folks are getting excited for the official launch of the FICO Fitness Challenge 2013!

Message 945 of 1,050
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

Hi all!  I'm a little late to the forum for this year but I definitely have multiple credit goals I'd like to accomplish in the next year. 

In 2009

-I filed Chp. 13 bankruptcy and I'm currently waiting for my discharge. 

In 2010

-Began working on my CR's before I knew about this website.  Managed to get several accounts deleted using a CRO.  All accounts are now reporting zero balances, IIB, or have been deleted on TU and EQ.  EX is a much more of a pain!   

In 2011

-Opened a secured CC in 2011 and waiting for that to graduate to unsecured in 2013.  

This year

-Only have one collection and its Time Warner.  Showed up a year after my case was filed.   I did not have this service at the time and do not remember even having this acct.  I need help with this one (should I try PFD?).  I heard TW is pretty difficult and don't know where to start with this one. 

-I intend to pay down student loans about $5k this year.  They are in deferment until my discharge but currently report paid as agreed. 

-I'd like to purchase a home within the next 6-8 months.

-I want to open 2-3 unsecured CC accounts.  I'm thinking Cap One, Discover and Barclays.  I've been lurking the boards for awhile and have discovered I may be most successful with these.

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 946 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im 28yrs old and I just filed Chap 7 BK. Waiting for discharge. I have learned a lot about credit and I am very thankful to have found this site. Updates soon to come

Message 947 of 1,050
ale

HI new FICO community.  I am new to this thread.  I am restructuring following divorce with an ex who racked up ALOT of credit debt.  He got it all in the divorce, but I am still on the hook since they were joint accounts he set up. He did debt repayment plan, so my score has gone down the tubes.  Trying to rebuild. So far,I  have gotten 3 small cards with small limits. Use regularly and pay off in full each month. I did get a car loan before my score tanked (had to replace a 2001 vehicle with 214k miles)

Starting Score: 575
Current Score:
Goal Score: 700

Message 948 of 1,050
ale

OOPS, those are obviously not my scores..will figure that out asap!

Starting Score: 575
Current Score:
Goal Score: 700

Message 949 of 1,050
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Not a whole lot of purpose of this reply other than to recognize your eery current score number, and that you posted on Halloween. Spoooooky.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 950 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.