cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Thank God (and ya'll) for this Forum!
Fresh BK 01/2012.  Low FICO 527 PreBK.  Praying for a 700+ for all 3 CRA by Mid 2013 hopefully with all of your expert advice.  Please feel free to reply with links to your forum posts on how YOU built your credit quickly.  I truly appreciate any guidance/suggestions.  Thank you so much!  I look forward to sharing all of my joyful credit catapulting adventures with you soon!

09/21/07  EX 717
06/05/08  EQ 711
03/12/10  TU  556 (Income slowed, Bills stayed same, Tried to do Debt Settlement got screwed out of $5K Smiley Sad)
12/2011  CLR 527 (PreBK - Consumer Liability Report - Not sure if actual FICO score or just credit score?)

01/2012  BK CH.7 Filed
04/2012  BK Discharged (approx) ?
01/2022  BK Disappears (approx) ?

When should I begin applying for rebuild credit card? Assuming AFTER discharge (04/12) right?  
Which CC is best for BK CH 7 to rebuild credit?
Is there a formula/system that works repeatedly?  
One post I read said get one card, wait 6 months, then get another, wait 5 months, etc.
Please let me know what worked for you (or reply with a link to your post where I can read it).
Thanks so much for any guidance.  Truly appreciated.

Spent hours on this site.  Truly helpful.  Thank you so much MyFICO! 

Message 261 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.  It worked.  Smiley Tongue

Message 262 of 1,050
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome FijiFICO! Definitely read over in the Understanding FICO Scoring board for adding CC and post if you have any questions. If you post there, you'll definitely get more eyeballs and more responses. If looking for a specific CC post-BK, then check out the Credit Cards board. There are posts all the time that ask about BK-friendly CCs and you'll find some good suggestions.

Message 263 of 1,050
adavis425
Established Contributor

Hi all!-

So happy to have found this forum. I am building my credit just for me. I am finally finishing the undergrad degree I started before I had children (I graduate in May! Yaayyy!!!) I will celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary in September of this year and have raised three wonderful sons. What I want to do for myself (aside from the degree) is to buy a car. Simple, right? In all my years I have never bought a car. My husband has always done it for me, but I want to do it for myself-perhaps as a graduation gift. So to that end, I am trying to get my scores into the 700 range.  I have paid down my util to right around 10% and I have a couple of collections from 2006 that I have recently gotten advice from this forum about. So I am really looking forward to this challenge in hopes that I can attain my credit goals.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 264 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Testing to see if I got this right! Smiley LOL

Yay!  I did...now I just need to figure out all of the abbreviations here.  Is there a list somewhere?

Message 265 of 1,050
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Testing to see if I got this right! Smiley LOL

Yay!  I did...now I just need to figure out all of the abbreviations here.  Is there a list somewhere?

Hi itsy and welcome to the forums.

Here is a list of Abbreviations.

Message 266 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Now, is there any way to keep my preferred font & color?

I have to redo it every time I post, I see...

Message 267 of 1,050
GettingItIn

Hello Everyone!!!

I've been lurking the forums for a few days now and I decided to join the FICO Fitness Challenge!!!

Here's my current stats:
2/18/2012 TU FICO 568
2/18/2012 EQ FICO 528

My Goal:
TU and EQ FICO 620 by 12/31/2012 (I plan to pull my scores 6 months after my first CC payment (see below) depending on my progress I may increase this)

Here's the game plan:
- Opened a Cap One Secured Card (made a $500 dep today)
- $5,000 auto loan on a $10,000 vehicle ($5,000 down payment)
- After 6-9 months apply for a Citi Secured Card (I want something that will graduate to an unsecured card)
- Make all my student loan payments on time.
- Have some of my collection PFD'ed
- I have some accounts that fall off this year, hopefully that helps as well.

How does the game plan sound? Do you think my goal is reachable? Any advice?
2015 FICO Fitness Challenge
Starting: TU FICO 440 (9/2011)
Current: EX FICO 630 (4/2015) EQ FAKO 629 (4/2015) TU FAKO 630 (4/2015)
Goal: EQ/EX/TU FICO 690 (10/2015)
Message 268 of 1,050
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!  Now, is there any way to keep my preferred font & color?

I have to redo it every time I post, I see...

I don't believe I've ever been asked that before and I don't have a ready answer. But I will ask someone who should be able to give both of us an answer.

Since it's the weekend I'm not sure when I might get back to you on this.

Message 269 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, leave it to me to ask a question that stumps a Mod!  Thanks & I'll patiently await your answer. Smiley Happy

Message 270 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.