cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
chela62678
Regular Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Hi I've been a lurker for awhile.. Signed up long ago... I actively worked on my credit report last 2 years.. 

goals for 2013..

refinance home

clean up credit report mainly medical collections

lower my total debt below 30%

start to create a good nest egg

get married with nice wedding for less than $5000

refinance new armada for less than 6.99 %

Succeses for 2012...

was approved for prime cards: chase freedom, discover 

turned in 2010 pathfinder (15% loan) was able to take care of neg equity got a 2013 armada for 6.99% woohooo no subprime for this girl 

Downs for 2012... 

Went sub crazy at end of 2012 and charged a bit on my cc's 

Updated 11/12/14
EQ 717 TU 718 EX 732

updated FICO 10/28/14
EQ 710 TU709 EX683

myfico scores 10/25/14
EQ 677 TU 695 EX 683

Message 71 of 735
roqiin_tkdk

I am 29 years old, have been employed at my current job for 4 years. In addition, I was promoted this year and received a 14% RAISE which definitely should help me save more. I haven't done my best at monitoring my credit in the past.  I used credit cards to help me get through college paying books, lost my job after college, and couldn't find a decent job until 2008.  I had the worst credit situation back then and my credit fell to 450 or so!  After that I didn't want to look at my credit.  Some fell through to collections and a few accounts I have paid back but they still show on my report.  I hired an attorney to also help defend myself from the collectors.  I am currently waiting for most bad items on my credit report to fall off in 2014.

I was able to purchase my very first car in October with a good down payment as the original car I used was purchased by my parents when I was 17 and was dead.  I am glad as this will help me rebuild my credit score.

My plan this year is to get into good credit habits and budgeting, hoping to raise my score to 700 by the end of 2013.  By 2014 I hope my credit is good enough that I can start really preparing to save and buy a house of my own.  I've also been with my boyfriend for over 4 years and have been living together-  i hope we get married sometime in the next few years.

Starting Score: 623
Current Score: 623
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the my FICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

@Sarah wrote:

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our fourth year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge? If you have financial goals for the New Year, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What’s the myFICO Fitness Challenge?

To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note, and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

New this year!

To help you stay on track, we're introducing monthly check-ins for 2013. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged! 

First time Challenger?

If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome!  To begin, set up your official myFICO Fitness Challenge logo signature on your Profile page (Go to My Settings=>Personal Profile=>Personal Information).  Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.  

Returning Challenger?

Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge logo signature so it directs to the current challenge. You can also tell us about your results in the 2012 Wrap Up Thread.

Here’s to ALL of us achieving our financial goals in 2013!

My plans are to achieve a credit score of 720 and above by the end of the year. By paying all loans on time and keeping my revolving debt /cc card at 30% of the limit at all times by the due date of the bill.

@Sarah wrote:

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our fourth year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge? If you have financial goals for the New Year, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What’s the myFICO Fitness Challenge?

To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note, and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

New this year!

To help you stay on track, we're introducing monthly check-ins for 2013. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged! 

First time Challenger?

If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome!  To begin, set up your official myFICO Fitness Challenge logo signature on your Profile page (Go to My Settings=>Personal Profile=>Personal Information).  Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.  

Returning Challenger?

Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge logo signature so it directs to the current challenge. You can also tell us about your results in the 2012 Wrap Up Thread.

Here’s to ALL of us achieving our financial goals in 2013!

Message 73 of 735
hillis

I'm new to all of this and my credit SUCKS!  My financial goals for 2013 are:

1) Pay off my car ($4,000)

2) Pay off down my credit cards and loans ($12,500)

3) Put $50 inton my savings account per week

4) Raise my credit score

5) Don't do anything to futher damage credit and credit score 

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 511
Goal Score: 650

Message 74 of 735
kumarg9
New Visitor

I will like my score to be at 850 to buy a new home and car.

Message 75 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am brand new to the my FICO Fitness Challenge.  I have been saying for the past several years that I was going to get things in order and get my credit score up...but it hasn't happened, if anything I think it has gotten worse.  I don't have a lot of credit cards and that sort of stuff on my credit, I do have a few, most of what I owe is medical bills that have gone to collection. I have to set goals for myself  and be sure to stick with them.  So my goals for this year are: 

1) Obtain a secured credit card, and keep in good standing.  

2) Stay current on all current accounts such as car payments, student loans, and loan accounts. 

3) Pay off small signature loans I have and don't get anymore.  

4) Create a budget and stick to it.  

5) Increase Credit as much as possible by December 31.  

I will start working on creating a budget by watching my spending and see where my money goes, and then fully develop my budget from there.  I already have a basic budget but since I don't have everything on it, I don't have much room either way for incidentals. I will make my credit better!    

Message 76 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to raise my credit score at least 50 points, pay off debt, and then save some money.

Message 77 of 735
working-hard-atit
Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Fitness Challenge and am looking to purchase my first new home by June 2013.  I've been very close to my goal before but due to some unforeseen circumstances I got pulled back down but am now ready to get back on board.  I'm open to any and all advice all are willing to give.

Starting Score:TU 580 EX ? 1/7/2013
Current Score:TU 659 4/2/2013 EX 650 4/20/2013
Goal Score: 670

Message 78 of 735
Dream850
Established Member

I'm in. My score has been going up and down all year as I've been trying to rebuild my credit. I got a new car this year, got a decent interest rate for the first time ever. Got a store card, which I'm not sure I'm thrilled about. But my goal is to have a decent credit card that is not secured or seen as a debit card so I can be free to travel more.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Message 79 of 735
olderwiser3
Established Member

2012 Recap:

• Paid off all CC debt.

2013 Goals:

• Hit at least 750 across the board on my scores.
  • Open at least one more card to help reestablish active credit history (only one CC right now).
  • GW the heck out of Chase about my one account showing lates (closed).
  • Pay off student loan debt.
  • Emergency fund of $5k.
  • Set myself up to apply for a mortgage in 2014.

Good luck everyone!

Message 80 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.