cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Starting off in a much better place after years of poor decisions using high interest credit cards! After 2.5 years of effort, I've cleaned up

1) items on reports that weren't mine (had stuff showing up from mom and sister that made my report complicated and wrong)

2) items that were well past their SOL/DOD

3) at least 4-5 collections that were willing to do a PFD agreement

4) the bankruptcy! After 10 years of having it as the sole public record on all of the reports, I was able to kick it off in January 2013

I have 3k in negatives/collections to go. This year, at least half of that will expire from my reports. I've done the rounds of PFDs with these folks and they either dont respond or they decline the offer. But their time is running out.

My husband and I want to apply for our first home loan in 12 months, so my goals this year are to

1) increase the limits on my two secured credit cards to 3k and 5k

2) not miss a payment on anything EVER (key accounts are set up on autopay already)

3) keep an eye on the CRs to make sure that old stuff gets removed in a timely fashion

4) negotiate with the one collection that is newer than the rest

5) contribute set amounts to our house savings acct to ensure the purchase will not negatively affect our other accts (ie--401k savings)

6) Never, ever go back to a place where crappy interest rates, second-chance lenders and zero savings are the norm. Financial freedom, HERE I COME Smiley Happy

Message 211 of 735
CreditCowboy
Established Member

My Goals for 2013 are:

1. Pay all lines of credit on time each month, and in full.

2. Buy new home, preferrably within the next 6 months.

3. Increase line of credit on secure Cap 1 card,

4. Increase credit score at least 50 points

5. Pay off collection from Ford (only active collection) - will this increase my score? or does it not matter since the lates have already done their damage?

I am a total newb on here (first post), so I dont get a lot of the slang and I am basically clueless on how to improve my score other than dont pull my credit and dont be late. Is it worth trying to get some late payments/collections off my credit, even if i was late? or does that not happen? ive been told you can dispute and if the agency doesnt provide proof, or respond, you can get the derog removed? Is it worth paying someone to do this?

I only have two lines of credit, a 10k student loan thats current for 24 months, and a secured cc w a 300 limit? My score is 634, should I try and get a new card? Or should I just try and get an increase on the card I have?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Starting Score: 634
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 212 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working on a better tomorrow!

Currently I'm renting via a Section 8 voucher and currently rent, utilities + minimum payments EXCEEDS my SSD income, and my credit utalization EXCEEDS 90%. 

My goals for the comming year are:

1) Get and keep a job. (I start training on 2/18/12,, but I did a similar job last year and only lasted 3 months due to my disabilities.)

2) Use the income from the new job to bring down my utalization to no more than 50%, and preferably PIF, on any given card.

3) Brining my utalization down and continuing to make on-time payments should raise my score, I'm hoping for 700's.

4) Buy and move into a home by the end of the year.

Message 213 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all. I just saw this and figure it would be good to do. My goal is to get back on track. I bought my house in 2011. I was doing good with payments until my daughter was sick and hospitalized for 3 weeks. I didn't get paid while she was out. So I fell behind on everything. My goal is to get my score back up to where it was when I bought my house.

Message 214 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had quite a few setbacks in 2012. EQ (lender pull) was at 685 but had 2 CA (1 of which I have no idea what it is) pop up w/i the last 3 mos and knock down my progress. But not to be discouraged, i'm forging ahead in 2013. So...

• Approved for Target CC 200 CL
  • Approved for CAP 1 CC 1K CL
  • On time payments on my BOA Visa past 12 mos.
  • (November) Joined MYFICO, Creditsesame, Credit Karma and start getting proactive about finances

• Absolutely no late payments
  • Balances PIF by end of year (already making double payments)
  • CR utilization under 35% by May 2013 Currently at 66%
  • Work on PFD for 2  most recent collection accts.
  • Increase all scores by 40pts +
  • Continue to learn about financial stability and financial planning

FICO: EX: 610  EP: ?? TU??  FAKO:  EX: 616  EP:?? TU: 587

Message 215 of 735
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

It's great to read about all of your goals and the new participants continue to roll in - welcome!

Just a reminder: we'll be posting our first monthly check-in thread on Friday! Participation is optional, but encouraged - this will give you a place to celebrate little (or big!) financial victories you achieved during the past month, or talk about any setbacks you encountered. It's a great opportunity to self-evaluate your progress and perhaps recharge your motivation!

Message 216 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to raise my scores. Sometimes it seems impossible. It used to be pretty good. I would love to break 700 again. Looking for information and support on this goal.

TU 602

EQ 550

EX 526

Message 217 of 735
d170
Regular Contributor

Trying to get my credit in order after getting on track and then off again.  Right now I have quite a cards I want to pay down/off,  take care of a 1K IRS bill and medical bills that are totaling a little over 5K (so far, none in collections).  Right now I'm out of control and don't know where to turn.  I think I have a plan and then I fail miserably.  Here's to a better 2013

Well Fargo                    2000

Capital One Rewards 750

Capital One Secured  300

First Premier Master   550

First Premier Visa Cd 400

Household Bank         500

Orchard Bank               500

Rewardzone Master    300

Credit Union                  500

Gap                  400

Macy's              400

Victoria S         700

Care Credit    500

Shell               400

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 218 of 735
mikey4833
Valued Member

@d170 wrote:

Trying to get my credit in order after getting on track and then off again.  Right now I have quite a cards I want to pay down/off,  take care of a 1K IRS bill and medical bills that are totaling a little over 5K (so far, none in collections).  Right now I'm out of control and don't know where to turn.  I think I have a plan and then I fail miserably.  Here's to a better 2013

Well Fargo                    2000

Capital One Rewards 750

Capital One Secured  300

First Premier Master   550

First Premier Visa Cd 400

Household Bank         500

Orchard Bank               500

Rewardzone Master    300

Credit Union                  500

Gap                  400

Macy's              400

Victoria S         700

Care Credit    500

Shell               400

You got alot of cards I had 17 of them I cut down to 11. I opened too many last year all at once over 1 year because they just kept on giving me credit Walmart, Paypal. Amazon, 4 Capital One cards, HSBC Discover Card, etc. I always had tons of cards and had an excellent score before bankruptcy 799 before. I hope you get things all worked out for your score. its quite easy just pay them all off then use whatever you can and pay it in full. If you carry a balance and you have so many cards like us it won't hurt as much on a store card. They however don't like high debt to credit limits on major bank cards they seriously hate that on any credit scoring system I learned that lesson hard before. Now I'm at 14% Balance to credit limits. I got started after bankruptcy with just a $200 secured card from Capital One in 2010 in Sept now I have a $4,000 Sears MasterCard Platinum with my shakey credit scores in mid 600's I feel good getting that size of a line now of days. Before Bankruptcy my credit lines with Amex and chase were $22,000 and $31,900. I miss those. Good luck to you getting your credit score up way up. 

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 219 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am newly married and have fair credit. We just bought a house. We  paid for it but we are both not working. My husband received money from his parents . I retired. We tried to get a loan against the house and cant. With both of us not working we can not. My financial goal is to get a job just to have a w2 in order to get the loan.

Any other ideas We live in los angeles county CA

Message 220 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.