cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
Gibbler1978
New Visitor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Im 35 years old.   Mom to 4 children ages 2-18.    Discharged from Bankruptcy in February 2010.   I have a secured Capital One Credit card with a 700.00 limit.   I also have a Gold Capital One $1000.00 limit and a Canadian Tire $200.00 (that card really i wish i didn't have,  this one i was curious right after my banktruptcy if i qualified, being silly,  and I was)  now I have it.       In November 2012, my credit score was 599.     Today,  its 667.   The difference in 5 months is my credit cards were not all maxed out.  The time i believe they took the snapshot of my file,  my balances were almost all at 0.00 as I recieved my income tax refund and paid them all off.   I like the new number so I am going to try to keep the balance less than 70% of my limit.      I am aiming for a credit score of 750 by the end of the year !

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 451 of 735
dianefranklin42
New Visitor

Smiley HappyI want my score to be 700 .  My first time on this , if I'm doing this wrong p;ease help me.

Message 452 of 735
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@dianefranklin42 wrote:

Smiley HappyI want my score to be 700 .  My first time on this , if I'm doing this wrong p;ease help me.

Welcome to the forums..

*8/10/13
Message 453 of 735
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@dianefranklin42 wrote:

You're doing just fine, and welcome to the forums!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 454 of 735
dallas06
Established Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013! APRIL update!!!

UPDATE APRIL

Just got notified my score improved from 599 to 640.

I paid my two credit cards off 0 balance on both cards. Almost done with two collections.

How should I handle Anderson Financial this is Dish Network, I called them and I was informed today 4/22 that they no longer all this account and Dish Network has it again. This is really just equipment that has since been returned. Can someone help me as how to handle this.

Buying a house
Message 455 of 735
blitz
Valued Member

I'm 25, not married, no children. I work full-time making great money. My long-term goal is to get a decent interest rate on a mortgage for my first home by the time I'm 30 (and maybe start thinking about kids). 

Right now, I'm in rehabilition for my student loans (second payment of 9 required). I'm also in a 6-month modified repayment plan to get my private student loan back in good standing (higher monthly payments to pay off past due to bring my account into good standing). I do have a car loan at an insane APR, but I needed it because my other car broke down beyond repair last year. I've only got 2 years left on my car payments though, and it's been Pays As Agreed/Never Late since it opened. Recently got approved for a secured credit card with Capital One to help rebuild my credit.

Other debt includes medical bills (majority of my collections), a cell phone bill from 5 years ago, a utility bill graciously left by my room mates from 5 years ago. Going to do some DV letters and hopefully some PFDs to help me get back in good standing, but for now, it's just the waiting game.

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Message 456 of 735
nickf4rr
Established Member

Hey Blitz!  Welcome to the forums.  I'm a newb here too, but I used to work a bit in credit/collections way back in the day.

Who's financing the car?  If you've only got two years of payments left and a good payment history with them, odds are pretty good that dealership financing might let you reduce your APR on it.  You might also be able to refi the car under a different lender.  Do you have any recent Hard Pulls (HPs) on your credit? 

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 457 of 735
blitz
Valued Member

It's a BHPH (reputable) used car lot. My finance terms were 42 months (so more like 2 and a half years left). I know the owners (they also own the finance company), and unfortunately it's not based on your credit, so it's the same APR for everyone. I have about... oh, 10 or 12 hard pulls from around the beginning of 2012 (looking for financing for a new car). For some reason, they didn't count as one as I was told they would be. I guess they were too spread out to count as one HP instead of 10. I just added one more for my secured credit card, but I needed that, so a worthwhile sacrifice for the greater good.

I would refinance, but my credit isn't that great still, and included in my financing is a warranty ($50 will fix anything wrong with the car, including the engine and transmission) for the life of the financing (thru them - as in, once they're paid off, you're on your own with the vehicle).

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Message 458 of 735
stellarrr
Established Member

I made some terrible decisions when I was 19-22 years old and now, I'm 26 and have been working on my credit. I would like to own a home very soon and want my credit to be as nice as possible. My credit hero is my stepdad, who has a score of 750, I believe. It may be slightly higher. Right now, my FICO is at 665. I have one closed collections item and another that appeared recently and negatively affected my score (a firm bought the debt Smiley Indifferent). I got myself a secured credit card and have made every payment on time for the last year or so. I would like to continue to see improvements within the next year or so.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: As of 6/30/23: 730

Goal Score: 750

Amex Gold / Target $2k / Capital One QS $6.4k / Capital One Platinum $2k / Kohls $3k / Citi Rewards $8.4k / Amex Hilton Honors $1k / Best Buy Citi $4k
Homeowner since 2022 / Mortgage APR 3.615%
Message 459 of 735
VTGirl

Hello All,

I'm very new to this, actually just started today. Long story short, was previously married and credit went down the toilet before I even had a chance to get "good" credit. I am pleased to say since the last time I got my credit score, I have jumped a little over 100 pts in 10 months. I have some extremely old debt I would still like to clear up. But can say I have had absolutely no new bad debt in over 3 years. I guess I'm just here to try and learn some things on how to clear up the rest of the bad things as well as keep track of my progress. I just paid off a car loan that was scheduled to be paid on for 6 years in which I paid it off 1.5 years early, never a late payment. I recently got a Capital One card with a low credit limit which I make weekly payments and never allow Interest as the full balance is always paid. Any and all recommendations are apreciated!

Starting Score: April 2013 - 638
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700 for now

Message 460 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.