cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
xxsvtcatxx

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

This website really motivated me to do something about my credit.  At 18 I had a cosigned card with my parents with a $300 limit. Maxed it out and after a few payments went to collections and they paid it off.  It was downhill ever since. 

My ex husband assisted me in having 2 vehicle repos and multiple cash advance loans defaulting. As things cleared then medical debts and Golds Gym were added. 

At 29 with all that behind me I'm focusing on never letting that happen again.   I now use credit responsibly and its showing.   With my tax return I paid off the remainder of my collection accounts.

Wallet:  Public Savings Secured Card $400 CL,  Target Store Card $200 CL, Chevron GEB $1300 CL

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 659
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 581 of 735
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Hello, I have been watching this site for a while now, this is  my first post, just trying to improve my score and got about another year before a collection falls off..

Joined Credit Karma back in 5/11 had like a 584

since then I have got up to 639 with them and 680 with Credit Sesame

I know my Experian and Equifax are sitting at 710 and 705 respectively due to recent CC's I just got they had the scores they approved me with on them.

My ultimate goal of course is get my score to the low interest rate area. I am gonna shoot for 800 in a year at least if I fall short I'll be high 700's

Current Score:Credit Karma -638 TU

Current Score: Credit Sesame-680 EX

Current Score: Credit.com-681 EX

GOAL SCORES: 800 across the board

Thanks for your time,

NIna

Message 582 of 735
sparkle1908
Valued Member

Hello everyone...

I just found this forum/board and I am very excited to learn all I can to improve my financial picture. I don't have a lot of "new" debt but I have a lot of old stuff that should be falling off my credit reports soon. Because I don't have a lot of current credit, my scores are lower than I would like. My plan is to open 2 secure credit cards at my financial institutions (one bank and one credit union) with the hopes that both of them reporting my payment history will bump up my scores...I also plan to pay bills on time and not incur any new debts....my overall goal is to purchase a home next fall (currently under an apt lease)...good luck to everyone...my goal score will change but I think my goal is doable with the time frame we have left in 2013!

Starting Score: EX:531 EQ:591 TU:614
Current Score: EX:531 EQ:591 TU:614
Goal Score: 650 across the board short term

Message 583 of 735
mia324

I'm new to the board, still trying to figure out the signature for the fitness challenge, lol
Message 584 of 735
Darius1976
New Contributor

I really want to improve my score above 700.

$7500____________$5000____________$9000____________$2000____________$1800____________$5500
Message 585 of 735
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

I will try to keep this short and sweet. Filed chapter 13 in 2006. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but it had to be done. For the next five years I made payments to the man. Then I finished and was discharged. During this time I dreaded looking at my credit I was so disgusted I never pulled my credit and never applied for anything. As a result of the bankruptcy I was simply afraid to face what my credit had become. It was not until this year that I finally pulled my credit.

It started with a letter from my student loan stating they wanted all of there money to my surprise. I remember something about the bankruptcy atty saying something about student loans were not included in the filing. However they also stopped sending me monthly statements so I assumed maybe they were. Fast forward to jan 2013 and bam! A notice. Thank God they let me make a payment and put the past due on the back end. I was still pissed because of my neglect as well as their neglect to call me and say the payment had started almost a year ago. Mind you I have had the same number since 2000 so they had a means to contact me. Granted I moved several times but my number has always been the same. This still did not push me to pull my credit report I just had to express my dismay with my student loans and the several 120 days late on my report. I am now current. What actual prompt me to pull my report was I was thinking about getting a new car and was like my credit is jacked I'm sure no one wld grant me credit. I called my credit union and within two days they approved me to my surprise for $22k which is not much but far more than I thought I could get despite the fact that I make well over 50k. They did inquire about a couple collections, medical collections I had an inkling about anyhow. With this newly approved credit I began to think maybe my credit is not so bad. I pulled my credit with the free report u get a year. There were like 6-8 collections on my report. At this stage I had no credit cards. The only thing positive I had was a secured savings loan I had taken about 7 mos earlier that had 6mos of repayment.

The collections were 2 small medical, electric, cable, unknown collection and another power company from what I can remember. I pif all of the coll with the oc with the exception of one of the electric that is $200 and dont plan on paying & the unknown. I did all this after reading the forums on this site.

Although I visited this site and found out it was the TRUTH by reading the forums I still was not sure I wanted to take on the whole writing of letters for pfd, GW etc. I know most will not agree I searched online for a credit repair company. I settled one after about two days of searching. Third day of searching I found another that had excellent reviews so I went with them. I signed up with them I think in mid march 2013. By mid may all were gone. I had only one collection left and that was the one that I did not pay. And my score went from the low 500 to the the 600's. almost a 100 pt jump. At this same time the end of March reading this site I knew I needed to credit cards so I got two cards, secured, with my current CU and one with another CU both with small limits.

From March - May I had a new ca send me a letter about a gas bill. I already knew ca were gonna come knocking once I started cleaning things up. They were not reporting and I was skeptical when he said they don't report when I asked if I paid him the settlement amt if he wld report to the bureaus. I paid up and he held true they have not reported.

Then one wk after closing my acct with the credit repair folks a ca popped onto my report, one bureau then two woks later they hit the other two. I immediately called the credit repair I had worked with. They took care of them with one letter and they were afraid I guess and removed themselves form my entire report.

Long story,so sorry but I'm no longer afraid of my credit score. The $15 I pay ea month to monitor my fako scores is well worth it. Plus it allows me to pull 3 free reports a month if I needed to. I have no need at the moment. I know about split files so I hope I don't hv to pull my report until November when that stupid ch13 falls off.

I am so happy and grateful to this site! My credit score is rising and I can hold my head even higher! I was a crackhead for a minute on this site getting educated and reading all the goal acheivers!

Looking forward to the day I can reach a 700 fico, a house and the ability to lease a BMW. Lol

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Message 586 of 735
mkkbell
Established Member

Hello All,

Starting over after Chapter 7. Discharged 6/26/13. I just pulled all three reports with fico scores of Experian 585, Equifax 605, TU 568.

All three scores were in the 400's at the time of filing. So my situation is improving

I currently hold a mortgage (never late) and a Cap One Sec card CL 300. At the time of me pulling the reports only Equifax had the new Cap One card on it so I expect the other two scores to go up too.

Well thats it... Looking forward to a fresh start

Mark

Pre BK EQ Starting Score 1/15/13: 495
6/8/15 Current FICO Scores: EX=687, EQ=681, TU=660 - 2 Years post discharge
Goal Score: 700 BK7 Discharged 6/20/13
In my wallet , CapOne QuickSilverOne $2500, Eastern Bank Visa $500, Barclay Apple Rewards $2000, Cap One QuickSilver $1000, Prosper Personal Loan $7600

Message 587 of 735
tiammartin
New Visitor

I am new to this forum but I am truly focused and committed to having perfect credit by 2014 and by any means necessary I am ready for the challenge. My goals are to consistently pay my credit cards on time and NOT use them at all  Hoping to get credit line increases as a result of consistent on time payments.  Payoff all collection accounts.  I just want to have perfect credit, that's it.  Any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated...

Perfect Credit by 2014
Message 588 of 735
champagneglass225
New Visitor

Hi, I'm not sure what I want yet, but I just found my credit score. Ideally I want it above 800, but I'm not sure what I can do since I only have a short credit history and I have very low balances (<5%). But sure, I'll join the challenge!

Starting Score: EQ: 731 (7/5/13), EX: ?, TU:?
Current Score: EQ: 731 (7/5/13), EX: ?, TU:?
Goal Score: 800

Chase Sapphire Pref.: 5k, Citi Diamond Pref.: 2k, Citi Thank You Pref: 5k, Capone Platinum: 1.25k, Amex Platinum Charge Card

Message 589 of 735
FATS
New Visitor

I screwed up my credit when I was very young. At 18 I was mistakenly issued a high limit credit card by an outfit called AT&T Universal. It got ugly quick and it never recovered. This was back in the late eighties, their collection tactics were brutal. Calling all hours day and night, threatening to send me to jail, etc, etc. I got a chip on my shoulder about creditors and took pleasure in stiffing them. I went out of my way to do it. 

Flash forward twenty years and things have changed a little. I've learned to live without credit for the most part, I've had to. I hope this gives me an edge while rebuilding. 

I've filed for BK7 and will be discharged in a few months. I'm working a two year plan on my rebuild. As luck would have it, the majority of my many baddies will fall off in that timeframe. I will soon be debt free, and if all goes well, have a clear credit report with just a bk7 reporting negatively.

Goals for the next calendar year is to reach a 650 credit score. Obtain credit cards that will reflect positively on my credit report, and start turning around a lifetime of bad decisions.

TU 530
EQ 503
Meeting of creditors, scheduled for July 29th
Discharge, hopefully Oct 29th
Message 590 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.