cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
hd_apk

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Current Situation

• Terrible credit score.
  • $40k Student loan debt.
  • Pending short sale.
  • No savings.
  • No credit card debt.

2014 Goals

• Repair credit history, ratings.
  • Build a savings and emergency fund.
  • Reduce student debt.
  • Learn and get my ass organized!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 524
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 701 of 735
Luckts

To finally take serious things seriously. Now that I have a fresh start after BK7 discharge September 2013

Starting Score: Ex721,EQ721,TU602
Current Score: Ex721,EQ721,TU602
Goal Score: 720 All

Message 702 of 735
minimist
New Contributor

My Financial Situation:

• Current College Student, about 35k in loans. Current income about $15k/year.
  • One (new) secured CC, $200 CL
  • 2 bad accounts: one charged off credit account from 2011 (rookie mistakes...), one closed utility account. (just found out about that one this morning (thanks mom!) will try to PFD this week)
  • 2 INQ's
  • No Collections
  • Credit history age differs, some reports say 4years(bc of student loans), others say 2(first CC account opened).

Goals:

• I was never really educated about personal finance, but now that I have educated myself I want my credit to be as perfect as possible.
  • Currently conflicted as to whether I should open more credit accounts to help my overall utilization but it will make my INQ's and HP's go up. 30% of $200 doesn't go far...
  • I have no idea if this is reasonable or attainable but I would like to be 700+ by the end of 2014. Seeing how far I can get for the rest of this year Smiley Happy
  • I somehow got pre-approved for a Discover It student card that I'm very interested in, but will not apply until I get my scores up.

WIsh I had cared about my credit sooner, I feel like an idiot haha. Also thank you everyone for your invaluable advice! I've been lurking the boards for about 2 weeks and I've learned so much.

Hoping to make real progress in the new year Smiley Happy

Message 703 of 735
luckyintx

Hi I am Kory, and currently I am rebuilding my credit from a fiasco disaster after loosing my job in 2006, I have been doing major damage control using many tools avail at creditinfocenter.com and its working!! So I am happy, I currently share a vehicle with mom, so obviously I want to buy a 2012 or new car ( I love the Cevy Cruze) so, that a goal of mine, however I dont think I will be ready til around January or February, we shall see, but thats my credit 2 cents in a nut shell, lol, nice to be here. 

Starting Score: Experian 572, Equifax 440, TU unknown
Current Score: Experian 572, Equifax 440, TU unknown 800
Goal Score: Experian 625, Equifax 520, TU 620

Message 704 of 735
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

This is late 2013, but i'm jumpin in....

I started gettin serious about my credit last month...pulled my reports from here October 5.

I had 13 negatives on my report, including bankruptcy...I have 7 accounts in good standing.  Of the accounts in good standing...2 are open SL's and 2 open CC's...$4000k balance/$1350 balance and $100/0...SL's $2100.  After disputing and PFD's, I am down to 11 negative...6 fall off by May of 2014, and the BK falls off in Sept of 2015...I am in the process of PFD the 2 remaining collections, and GW a CC CO...if all goes well, all that I should have remaining on my reports after 2015 is a paid utility collection.  I was just approved for 2 small CC's...my goal is to raise my scores and thicken my credit report in planning for a First Mortgage by late 2015, maybe sooner.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 705 of 735
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Wow, has it really been nearly two years since I've paid attention to the myFICO fitness challenge? Last I posted was in early 2012 when I was shocked to have a 760+ with only a 5.5 year credit history. I figured it would be as good as it would get, and have ignored it until now. 

I'm sick to my stomach. In the good sense. EX 794, EQ 787, TU 776. I just pulled these as I am looking to get pre-approved for a home loan to start the home search process. I had 7 credit cards reporting a balance and initially wanted to wait until they would report a zero balance to the credit bureaus (no major balances, just a couple hundred dollars here and there, but balances nonetheless).

I'm shocked that the scores are so high, especially since I opened up two brand new credit cards earlier this year in April. Two new accounts, two new inquiries, and seven accounts reporting a balance (albeit small balances), I was expecting scores in the 720-740 range.

Interesting note: several years ago I did an experiment. Quick summary: all other factors being the same (to the best of my knowledge), I let seven credit cards report balances, totaling $498, and it came it at an EQ FICO of 738. Several months later, I let $480 in credit card balances report over just three credit cards, and it scored an EQ FICO of 773. I guess I had it in my mind that I would seriously be dinged for having multiple accounts with balances...even if they were for only $10 and $20 (figuratively speaking).

Sometimes FICO doesn't make sense, haha!

Cheers and happy holidays.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 706 of 735
cecel
New Visitor

Hello all. This site is awesome and I'm so happy I stumbled on it. I am at the very beginning stages of rebuilding my very poor credit. My score is only 524 (not sure which cb its from) but I'm filing bk7 in Jan. My goals so far:

Short term: File bk7, educate myself more on credit, start a savings account, and open a secured card

Long term: buy a house 2016 and save some more.... Just a few to work on. 

Im having trouble adding the signature but starting and current score 524/ Goal score 700

Thanks for readingSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 524
Goal Score: 700

Message 707 of 735
lharasiuk

Brand new here and very late for the 2013 challenge, but early for the 2014 challenge!

I am 40 years old and just got my first credit card this year. I have never bought a home. I started trying to build credit this year. I have almost $100K in student loans. I pay all of my bills on time and am never late. In April 2013 I bought a car, June 2013 got my first credit card, Sept. 2013 bought a second car, and Oct. 2013 got a second credit card (which I think I might close based on everything I have read on here, First Premier).

My goal current credit score is only 598, EQ through this website. I haven't gotten the other two yet. My long term goal is to be able to build a house in about 5 years. I would like to increase my credit score to at least 650 by this time next year. And I would like to qualify for a Barclaycard to purchase my coveted Apple products.

Between myself and my fiance we make good money and have steady jobs. But he doesn't have any credit other than being a second signer on my accounts.

I have 5 medical bills on my credit from my son who was injured when I was unemployed and uninsured. I plan on paying all of these off by tax time, each of them are between $350-$750. I pay more on my car payment every month than what is due and it goes straight to principal, loan is through Wells Fargo.

My parents have filed bankruptcy twice, once this year and once when I was a child, so they are the last people I want to take advice from. Any advice I can get on here as to how to obtain my goals and what I should continue to do or start doing to get there would be greatly appreciated.

In the garden for 6 months until 05/21/14
Cap1 ($500, June '13), First Prem. ($700, Oct '13), Barclay Rewards ($500, Nov '13), Walmart ($700, Nov '13)

Starting Score: 598 EQ (11/19/13), 615 TU (11/20/13)
Current Score: 614 EQ (12/30/13), 645 TU (12/30/13), 660 EX (12/30/13)
Goal Score: 700+

Message 708 of 735
onwardto800plus
New Visitor

Robot Mad  GOALS   Robot Mad

YEARPATH TO GOAL
2013To continue my quest to raise my credit score significantly to 700+ by paying off some old debt -- just paid off a judgment, and a OC debt of 56.77 this week; attempted to pay the CA, but the acccount had been returned to the OC, so paid them. OC is on the credit report.
2014Continue to plug away at paying off old debt
Pay off car loan
Secure revolving cards and allow them to raise my score
Consider first mortgage
Looking into student loan forbearance one more year then finally start paying on it/taking care of it

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 650

Message 709 of 735
rebuildingslowly

I am so happy I found this site. I have been working on my credit the last few years just by paying my bills on time. I have come a long way already from the low 500's I was in 2 years ago (from being young and dumb). I have learned so much from this site and already sent out my first GW letter to a collection agency and hoping for good results. I didn't even know that was possible until I found this site. I am hoping to be in the 760 range next year in order to buy a house!

Starting Score: EX 633 TU 625
Current Score: 633,625
Goal Score: 760

Message 710 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.