cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
Bdj1
Valued Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

FAKO is a score that is just made up by whoever wants to sell a score and does not affect you as lenders don't use these .

FICO scores ARE used by lenders and are from fair issac corporation (myfico) . That are calculated differently.  These are the most typical scores used by the majority of lenders.

16k7.8k7.5k1.75k13.5k4k8001k5k12.9k8k

Message 441 of 735
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

I have been lurking for the past six months gathering the great information on this site which is the reason why my scores haven risen so much since October.  I would like to contribute to this site and set a goal of 750 by the end of the year. gogogo.

Message 442 of 735
Newattitude

I started visiting this site about a month ago and I learn something new every day.  My goal is to rehab my student loans which are the only negatives I have with the exception of a few old medical bills that I have sent PFD letters for.  Would really like to buy a house during the1st quarter of next year.

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 573
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 443 of 735
HELENofTROY
Established Member

HI! I was drawn to your post because you mentioned navy federal and that's the secured card that i want to go with! i want to join the community but i cant figure out where to add the badge for my current score. i have the html code, i just dont know where to input the code. i dont see any option in personal settings. :-(

Starting Score (4/6/2013): (All lender pulls) Exp 583, Trans 570, Eq 535
Current Scores: (2/13/14) Exp 687, Trans 640 , Equifax 599 (myfico????)
Goal Scores: 640-720

Credit: BOA Platinum Plus Visa ($2K), NFCU Cash Rewards ($6K), AMEX Everyday BLUE ($2K), Victoria's Secret ($500)

Message 444 of 735
lifeisgreat
Established Member

HELENofTROY -

Signature line setting is under "my settings" then "personal profile" tab, then down three lines you will see "signature" just paste the html tag there.  Best of luck!

Starting Score: EX 573; EQ 489; TU 521 (Lender Pulled 7/12/11)Current Score: FICO TU 615 (4/3/13); FICO EQ 585 (5/12/13)Goal Score: 725
Message 445 of 735
CTR01
New Visitor

Hi,

I'm new to the myFICO forums and figured this would be a good way to grow.

A bit about me:

1) 22, college student

2) montly expenses never exceed $300, I never use more than 20% utilization

3) 1 CC (BofA CashRewards - $900 limit) from 6.5 months ago = first and so far only card

Goals:

1) Increase credit limit for the CashRewards card - what is a good first increase amount? second? third?

2) Open a Cap1 Cash Rewards or Chase Freedom or other rewards card

Good luck to everyone!

Starting Score: Estimate: 600
Current Score: EQ: 717 / TU: ~695-700 / CreditKarma: 733
Goal Score: ~760

Message 446 of 735
sinceregal09
Valued Member

I so miss the days when you could get your Experian FICO from this site as well...

Starting Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Current Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Goal Score: 850

Message 447 of 735
sinceregal09
Valued Member

One of my goals that I started the year out with was the to pay off 1 credit card...As of April, I paid off all 3....

Now I am starting to pay attention to my installment loans since those amounts would be easier to pay off in a full sum. I can definitely pay off 1 and I'm challenging myself to aggressively pay off 2.  I don't really think my score is going to improve that much considering the number of installments I have on my account due to student loans but it is progress nonetheless.

Starting Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Current Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Goal Score: 850

Message 448 of 735
MG1979RN
New Visitor

I have been working since November of 2012 to begin correcting years of youthful financial mistakes.  This year I want to increase my FICO score in order to purchase my first home. 

Starting Score: (4/20/2013)TU659, EX 622, EQ 592
Current Score:
Goal Score: 750

Message 449 of 735
nickf4rr
Established Member

I've been slowly paying off a boatload of debt for a while, but recently rocketed into another income bracket and started taking out big chunks of old debt.

I started conqering the old debt earlier this year, and I'm now seeing the great results on my score.  Everything is paid off now--just waiting for the last few things to get cleared up!

My real goal is to get an the Delta AMEX Platinum Card, given that I travel a lot and book the travel myself.  I've already been Delta Gold (god forbid I travel so much I get Platinum)  The spend I'd have on that is well worth it, it's like I'm losing miles every time I book travel without it!  ><

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 450 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.