Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10, 17, 27 point losses - deleted AU card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 10, 17, 27 point losses - deleted AU card

@Anonymous I updated my previous reply; the account is still on TU with the terminated description; EX and EQ deleted it. I think you're saying that I have too many accounts with balances now, is that correct? It's all good, still waiting till I'm clean next year. I'll report on your fico 8 master thread any changes and we'll see how my rebucketing goes. Thanks-gotta finish up moving...new place is great, except no hot water. 

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I updated my previous reply; the account in still on TU with the terminated description; EX and EQ deleted it. I think you're saying that I have too many accounts with balances now, is that correct? It's all good, still waiting till I'm clean next year. I'll report on your fico 8 master thread any changes and we'll see how my rebucketing goes. Thanks-gotta finish up moving...new place is great, except no hot water. 

@Anonymous Tbh, I'm not sure. That metric isn't weighted as heavily at EX and you suffered most there. 27 points is alot. I gotta think some more. Btw, you accidentally labeled EX as TU in post 1 when you updated. Definitely keep us updated. 

@NRB525 The 38 year is joint. 

Message 22 of 34
NRB525
Super Contributor

So does that mean a joint account is somehow not included the the age of revolvers the cardholder is individually responsible for?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

So does that mean a joint account is somehow not included the the age of revolvers the cardholder is individually responsible for?

@NRB525 A joint account counts full Monty, just like individually responsible accounts on all metrics. That was a tremendous score for kkboom!

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 Thats one way around AU limitations, but few FIs allow a joint to be added after the fact, but there are a few! 😉
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 Boa HP in August resulted in approval for the 38yr account. I was previously an au on that card with my aunt. She graciously allowed me to apply as a co-borrower on the account. 

@Anonymous somehow I missed this post when we were reading through it so I didn't realize that it was the same account that was being changed. So that account responsibility should now show joint or individual. I've got a re-read the thread now with that understanding. I didn't realize the new account was the AU. embarrassed emoji lol. 

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,  I'm comfused. I just lost 17 points on EX and 10 on EQ (update) and 27 on TU (TU reason is change of address).  The only changes were; change of address; HP in August for a BofA card; and most recently the Cap1 I was an AU on; The primary passed away; I asked them to delete the account completely per CK it lists as "terminated"; the  Cl was $2400/ 74 months age  opened 7/2014; no balance; 

I'm confused by this decrease; here are my other revolvers; shouldn't this deletion help my aaoa increase? Also I haven't ran my latest fico because I'm still waiting for alerts on a few things first. The amounts listed are cl; I don't carry balances except for <$200 on NFCU so it's not a utilization issue.  Any thoughts? Thanking you in advance! 

boa open 6/1982 $24k

Lafcu open 2/2012 $1k

Sams club /synchrony open 6/2014 closed 7/2018 au

Jpmc open 11/15 closed 10/2019 au $500

Amex gold open 12/16

Synchony bow flex opened 2/2017 $2500 (recently increased but not reported)

Nfcu opened July 2018 $28k

Amex Hilton opened 10/2019 $40k

@Anonymous What if authorized user accounts don't count towards file thickness and only revolvers do? That would mean when the one reported AU to joint, you got your fifth revolver and what if that put you in a thick profile?

what if it was the AU AZ penalty going away? Hmmm ..

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous yeah, I'm not sure; my scores have plummeted since I messed up and deleted the CAP1 AU. Can I be thick and dirty? I still have my 90 day lates on 8 student loan accounts that have until around next June to fall off-they're from 9/2014

Good thing I have my new gig to stress me out, otherwise I'd be in the dumps behind this. At this point, I guess I'm gardening. 

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Oh crap it couldn’t be that. if you’re dirty, thick and thin doesn’t matter as far as segmentation goes. But it is less payment history and less accounts paid on time. But overall, it did raise your average ages.

Wait a minute, nobody said you messed up, it did raise your average ages. now in the future once you open several cards and your average ages go down, then it may have been helpful, but for now, it did improve your ages, but it gave you one less account with good payment history. I think they help even more on a dirty card, especially when you don’t have a lot of revolvers.

Are you telling me you’ve experienced further loss?

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous OK I haven't re-calculated all your ages with the loans, but tell me exactly how many and what severity of lates are left and if they are in strings. Because those changes could be significant.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.