Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 oldest TL's deleted from EQ - AAoA drops from 5 years to less than 3

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

18 oldest TL's deleted from EQ - AAoA drops from 5 years to less than 3

On EQ, in January of this year my AAoA was 5 years 3 months.  Today my AAoA is 2 years 11 months because my oldest TL's hit the 10 year mark this year, but quite a few of them were deleted way to early.  In January my oldest account was opened in 1998 and today it shows 2004.

I called EQ and they said they would reinsert 17 of the 18 accounts but just be aware that they will fall back off by the end of the year.  I said fine I'll take it.

My scores for EX was 709 (lender pull) last week, TU is 668 (Walmart) and EQ (myfico) is now 654.  All of my scores for well over the last year were over 700.  My util has increased to about 55% so I know I'm taking a hit for that (will be paying that down considerably in the next few months).

But once all of the accounts are added back in by EQ, and then later this year when they fall off again, I fear what the heck my scores will be.  Basically I'm worried about AA from my creditors since my profile will be that much different than when I applied.

I do have 2 saviors to help this and that is Amex.  I just opened two accounts last week and they are using MSD of 1992, but of course it isn't reporting yet.  

How has AAoA dropping affected any of you with your current creditors?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 18 oldest TL's deleted from EQ - AAoA drops from 5 years to less than 3

@Rhaeny wrote:

On EQ, in January of this year my AAoA was 5 years 3 months.  Today my AAoA is 2 years 11 months because my oldest TL's hit the 10 year mark this year, but quite a few of them were deleted way to early.  In January my oldest account was opened in 1998 and today it shows 2004.

I called EQ and they said they would reinsert 17 of the 18 accounts but just be aware that they will fall back off by the end of the year.  I said fine I'll take it.

My scores for EX was 709 (lender pull) last week, TU is 668 (Walmart) and EQ (myfico) is now 654.  All of my scores for well over the last year were over 700.  My util has increased to about 55% so I know I'm taking a hit for that (will be paying that down considerably in the next few months).

But once all of the accounts are added back in by EQ, and then later this year when they fall off again, I fear what the heck my scores will be.  Basically I'm worried about AA from my creditors since my profile will be that much different than when I applied.

I do have 2 saviors to help this and that is Amex.  I just opened two accounts last week and they are using MSD of 1992, but of course it isn't reporting yet.  

How has AAoA dropping affected any of you with your current creditors?

My mortgage has already dropped off EQ and TU. TU scores surprisingly enough is about the same as my EX which still shows them. EQ, my nemesis was lower until I added a few Amex cards from 1985. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Okay so EQ called me and told me that they added back in my accounts yesterday.  

I get my alert from here myFIco and my score jumped from 654 to 698 with the same utilization which is 45%.  

When my utilization was below 10% my score was 729.

These are some huge sways!  With those accounts deleted that dropped my score 44 points!  

Oh boy I'm scared about this when those accounts start falling off in July Smiley Sad

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 5
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Out of those 17, how many actually hit the 10 year mark? And how early did they delete the others? I have several old accounts, and just wondering if some will fall off early. 

Message 4 of 5
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@abundancejones wrote:

Out of those 17, how many actually hit the 10 year mark? And how early did they delete the others? I have several old accounts, and just wondering if some will fall off early. 

Absolutely ZERO of those accounts hit the 10 year mark.

Some of the accounts were set to fall off until 2015 and a couple in 2017.  

I think EQ is just having big problems right now.  So I am keeping on top of my reports in case this happens again.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.