Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% # of revolvers w/ bal threshold EQ8

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

20% # of revolvers w/ bal threshold EQ8

So I've been watching this for a while, but I've observed it enough, that it's pretty conclusive to me. 

Every time I go between 4 and 5 revolvers reporting a balance, there's a 5 point change on EQ8. 21 open revolvers; 23 closed revolvers on EQ.

Since September, it seems the penalty has changed from 5 points to 4 points tho. I did close 1 revolver in June.

Something similar with TU8, but more to the tune of 3 points, but I've got to go back and look more closely at my data first before I'm ready to post about it. EX8 of course doesn't do anything.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20% # of revolvers w/ bal threshold EQ8

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've been watching this for a while, but I've observed it enough, that it's pretty conclusive to me. 

Every time I go between 4 and 5 revolvers reporting a balance, there's a 5 point change on EQ8. 21 open revolvers; 23 closed revolvers on EQ.

Since September, it seems the penalty has changed from 5 points to 4 points tho. I did close 1 revolver in June.

Something similar with TU8, but more to the tune of 3 points, but I've got to go back and look more closely at my data first before I'm ready to post about it. EX8 of course doesn't do anything.

Have you ever tested that 20% line when not on a new account scorecard?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you ever tested that 20% line when not on a new account scorecard?

@Anonymous you know that's a very good point. I've definitely noticed it this past year, but I will have to go back and pull my past reports to answer that question, but that's a very good question actually. I think I'm about to do that cash plus, so I don't think I'm going to see the no new accounts reassignment.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I’m set up to test this again accidentally. One Card reported that shouldn’t have, so that’s going to bring me back up to 5. Then today I just paid a Chase to zero, so that will bring me back to 4 in consecutive days, hopefully.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then again if I pull the trigger on the cash+ today, that might mess up stuff. No they’ll pull TU.
Message 5 of 8
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I know we've pretty much concluded that closed accounts play a factor in # of accts reporting for EX2 at least.  Do you believe this applies to Classic 8 scores, or at least EQ8 and TU8?

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

I know we've pretty much concluded that closed accounts play a factor in # of accts reporting for EX2 at least.  Do you believe this applies to Classic 8 scores, or at least EQ8 and TU8?

@Trudy that's what I'd love to find out

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy and I'm eyeballing another one to close and I've got an hour to do that cash plus offer if I'm gonna take it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.