Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 IRS Tax Liens Withdrawn!

tag
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

3 IRS Tax Liens Withdrawn!

in 2011 the IRS filed 3 tax liens against me.  The first for $88K, and then two more for $70K and $72K.  I made the final payments at the end of April and received the last two lien releases in early May.  On May 7th, I sent in the IRS forms 12277 forms for each of the three liens.

Today I called the IRS Lien Operations Center and checked on the status and found out all three had been approved!!!  The IRS Agent said to expect the withdraw letters to arrive over the next several weeks.  The first of the three withdraw letters was in the mailbox when I got home this evening Smiley Happy

They also forwarded copies to the three credit bureaus. 

Thanks to MyFico.com for making me aware that the withdraw process was an option.....I am very optimistic what this will do for my scores!

Current (MyFico.com) scores are:

EX: 658

EQ: 690

TU: 716

I have a charge off on the EX that is scheduled to drop off in October this year.  No other negatives

Inquiries from each at current are:

EX: 5 (4 in the past 12 months)

EQ: 5 (all since 1/1/2014)

TU: 2 (both since 1/1/2014)

Utilization is approx: 2%

AAOA for each are: (oldest account is 30 years, 5 months)

EX: 4.7 years

EQ: 3.9 years

TU: 3.9 years

Hoping for between 50 and 80 points....like all things in credit...only time will tell

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 3 IRS Tax Liens Withdrawn!

Congrats great job

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 32
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

So far, understand I just made my initial request to have the one lien that I have the withdraw removed, working with the Equifax online dispute seems the most straigt forward.  This would be followed by the easy to understand and informative people with Experian.  When I called they walked me throught the process and i faxed the paperwork in.  The Transunion dispute people were very hard to understand and the process seemed the most cumbersome.

Anyway, I decided to send the first one in today to get some idea of what 1 withdraw does for my score and also to learn the process while I am waiting for the other two withdraw notices.

Thanks MyJourney!!

Message 3 of 32
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the progress!!!  

Did you pay the entire amounts that you owed or do an offer in conpromise? Those are big ones! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@RebuildingFlorida wrote:

So far, understand I just made my initial request to have the one lien that I have the withdraw removed, working with the Equifax online dispute seems the most straigt forward.  This would be followed by the easy to understand and informative people with Experian.  When I called they walked me throught the process and i faxed the paperwork in.  The Transunion dispute people were very hard to understand and the process seemed the most cumbersome.

Anyway, I decided to send the first one in today to get some idea of what 1 withdraw does for my score and also to learn the process while I am waiting for the other two withdraw notices.

Thanks MyJourney!!

I just went through this but apparently my paperwork had already been updated at the court as I waited to receive the IRS official paperwork and I received it likely after the courthouse did I'm guessing.

EQ and TU I just used their online dispute, and I agree the TU one needs some work... saw references to being able to upload a document but I could never find it so was about to send it snail mail when I saw they stated the dispute was resolved and the tax lien was whacked.  EQ I did upload the form, and they removed nearly as quickly.  I didn't find much information as to how to procede (there's a LOT of bad tax lien information out on the net I'm finding) so I tried the obvious dispute path and it worked like a champ.

EX for whatever reason doesn't allow me online access so need to get stuff mailed off to them: am glad it went easily for you as it bodes well for what I'll have to go through, and congratulations as well!  I'll be eagerly waiting to see your change in scores when you get a clean sheet as I still have a Cali tax lien which I'm stuck waiting on unless I get lucky on a goodwill flier (I don't have much hope for it but it should be tried).

        
Message 5 of 32
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

I paid in full.  Hoping to see the first one drop off this week...

Message 6 of 32
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

No suprises in response time based on my contacts with the three bureaus.  Experian and Equifax have both pulled the one tax lien from my reports in less than 2 days.  Transunion I will reach out to tomorrow and see how things go.

Score wise - Chase has become the spoiler in my research.  My statement cuts each month on the 24th and my balance was between 2% and 3% when the statement cut.  Earlier this week I paid off the balance and this morning I discovered that Experian and Equifax now are reporting a $0 balance on the only card that I try and carry a balance on.

Todays (MyFico.com) scores:

EX: 658 638

EQ: 690 672

TU: 716 unchanged

I am dissapointed with the Chase situation, as it has made my ability to see the impact directly.  I hope I don;t have to wait for my 4th of the month credit cards to get off the zero balance across all my accounts status.

Message 7 of 32
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

For those in the future wanting to know more....Transunion deleted the tax lien the following day.  As a result of Transunion lagging in reporting credit history the Chase account had not been updated from 2% to 0% and the result was no change in score.

As I get the other 2 removed I will share the results.

Message 8 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RebuildingFlorida wrote:

No suprises in response time based on my contacts with the three bureaus.  Experian and Equifax have both pulled the one tax lien from my reports in less than 2 days.  Transunion I will reach out to tomorrow and see how things go.

Score wise - Chase has become the spoiler in my research.  My statement cuts each month on the 24th and my balance was between 2% and 3% when the statement cut.  Earlier this week I paid off the balance and this morning I discovered that Experian and Equifax now are reporting a $0 balance on the only card that I try and carry a balance on.

Todays (MyFico.com) scores:

EX: 658 638

EQ: 690 672

TU: 716 unchanged

I am dissapointed with the Chase situation, as it has made my ability to see the impact directly.  I hope I don;t have to wait for my 4th of the month credit cards to get off the zero balance across all my accounts status.

Grats to your success with the lien withdrawls Smiley Happy   I would not be using Chase as the account that reports a balance, as soon as you drop the balance to 0 they will update with the CRAs.

Message 9 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats to your success with the lien withdrawls Smiley Happy   I would not be using Chase as the account that reports a balance, as soon as you drop the balance to 0 they will update with the CRAs.

Can you give an example of that as I've never seen Chase do that with my own accounts but admittedly I haven't been tracking it too minutely?  Certainly looked like they're going by statement date for all I've done in the last two years with them.

        
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.