Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Report View Scores all over the place

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

3 Report View Scores all over the place

So today I pulled the trigger on the 3 report because I was anxious to see the differences in the scoring models. I purchased the subscription before they added the different models. My scores are all over the place. I wish I could get a picture on here but I don' t know how...Basically it went like this
:
Fico 08 - Equifax: 790, TU: 819, EX: 807
Fico for Mortgage lending:
Equifax (FICO 5): 755, TU (FICO 4): 796, EX (FICO 2):789
Fico for Auto Lending:
Equifax Auto Score 8: 804, TU Auto Score 8: 850, EX Auto Score 8: 815
Equifax Auto Score 5: 739, TU Auto Score 4: 796, EX Auto Score 2: 825
Fico for Credit Cards:
Equifax Bankcard 8: 811, TU Bankcard 8: 850, EX Bankcard 8: 822
Equifax Bankcard 5: 776, TU Bankcard 4: 805, EX Bankcard 2: 812

Equifax doesn't like me at all, but that has always been the case. EQ also has a 30 day late on there from August 2008 that I disputed and wrote WF about multiple times. WF removed it from TU and EX but not EQ. I gave up trying since I am not actively trying to get credit anywhere. I think it should fall off this year in August.

I encourage folks to take a peek at this report though. It shows how there is really no telling what you will get score-wise when a lender pulls your report. I mean look at this. I have anywhere from a 739 on EQ to 811 depending on the model used. I certainly know I won't be applying for a car until after that baddie falls off. Even though the baddie didn't even happen (that's another story for another day).

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: 3 Report View Scores all over the place

The scoring models weigh different aspects of the credit file, but the relative level of each EQ TU EX score, where that score is in relation to the others, is about the same, within any given model, in the examples you have.

Each model, because it is applied to the entire population, results in a different location for the "average" for that specific model, and so even though it appears the auto model is lower, it would be for everyone, in general, so the lenders would apply your result to everyone else applying under that model. Same with mortgages.

Thanks for sharing.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 10
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

The scoring models weigh different aspects of the credit file, but the relative level of each EQ TU EX score, where that score is in relation to the others, is about the same, within any given model, in the examples you have.

Each model, because it is applied to the entire population, results in a different location for the "average" for that specific model, and so even though it appears the auto model is lower, it would be for everyone, in general, so the lenders would apply your result to everyone else applying under that model. Same with mortgages.

Thanks for sharing.

Ahh I see NRB525!. I just did the percentage calculations and you are correct. It is a very close percentage differential on the scores. I didn't even do the calculations on it. I just looked at the numbers and thought, this is crazy! I appreciate the response!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thinly veil brag thread... nice scores Smiley Wink ,,,, i don't buy all the scores unless i am getting ready to apply for something, though i have equifax 19.95 monthly suscription just to keep id theft in check.

Message 4 of 10
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thinly veil brag thread... nice scores Smiley Wink ,,,, i don't buy all the scores unless i am getting ready to apply for something, though i have equifax 19.95 monthly suscription just to keep id theft in check.

Not bragging at all. I actually have built my scores by coming here and taking advice. So the bragging should be on the forum community:-) There is nothing to brag about. As you can see I have a ways to go too. I bought this one just this time. I pay for the 19.95 for the 3 score tracking. But I don't get another one til Nov. so I wanted to see them all since they added the different models.

Message 5 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I feel like there is no need to buy scores.

You can get it free with Barclays/Walmart/Discover/Citibank/American Express etc.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 6 of 10
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

That is true to some degree. I have Amex for Experian, Barclays and Walmat for TU and Citi gives EQ. However there are different models and the scores from a mortgage lender or finance company/bank for a car will likely not match any of those scores. I am also interested in monitoring. That is why I purchase through myfico. It's all about personal preference and each person should do what suits them.

@tonyjones wrote:

You can get it free with Barclays/Walmart/Discover/Citibank/American Express etc.

Message 7 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

Most people could also make their own coffee in the morning, but many people prefer not to have to deal with the hassle, and buy a coffee each day.

The quality, of the other score sources and making your own coffee, is quite variable. Having it in one place, when you want it, is worth some money to many people.

Not everyone, you don't have to pay for the MyFICO scoring, but it is a different product than those other score summaries. Most if not all are once a month only, no details provided.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not just about the scores, you get all three CR with them. Much more useful IMO, scores change every day.
Message 9 of 10
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's not just about the scores, you get all three CR with them. Much more useful IMO, scores change every day.

Exactly...scores provided by the credit card companies don't give the information of what is happening on your accounts. You don't get the monitoring. What I get from myfico is much more useful to me.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.