cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day past due - how long until it does not affect my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day past due - how long until it does not affect my score?

I had an issue with my bank account in July2009 and all of my credit card payments were returned. I made payments as soon as I found out what happened. I ened up with 30 days past due on 3 credit cards and my auto loan for August 2009. My question is how long until this does not affect my fico score?

My credit history has always been paid as agreed for the past 5-6 years. These were the first late payments ever recorded on my report.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: 30 day past due - how long until it does not affect my score?

probably, at least a year.  i think i read somewhere here that after two years, it's not so bad.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 day past due - how long until it does not affect my score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an issue with my bank account in July2009 and all of my credit card payments were returned. I made payments as soon as I found out what happened. I ened up with 30 days past due on 3 credit cards and my auto loan for August 2009. My question is how long until this does not affect my fico score?

My credit history has always been paid as agreed for the past 5-6 years. These were the first late payments ever recorded on my report.

Hello and welcome.

Usually a 30 day late sems to lessen it's damage after a couple of years but it's never a one size fits all situation. Late payments stay on your reports for 7 years from each individual date of delinquency and of course can be seen by lenders for that entire time.

You can always write GW (Good Will) letters to the lenders and ask that the lates be removed early. They are under no legal obligation to do so but GW's can be and are successful. It's worth a try.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.