cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-32/EX2, -19/EX8, +$5,000 65% ind, = +$10,000 Ag

Birdman7
Super Contributor

-32/EX2, -19/EX8, +$5,000 65% ind, = +$10,000 Ag

So I increased the balance about $5000 on one card bringing my total Revolving Balance to over $10,000. Individual Card went to 65%, likely crossing 2 thresholds. Aggregate utilization should not be implicated. Number of accounts with a balance is not implicated.

Simply individual utilization thresholds and Revolving Balance thresholds it appears. 

they obviously did not like it very much. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Re: -32/EX2, -19/EX8, +$5,000 65% ind, +10,000 Ag

When you say aggregate should not be impacted, are you referring to percentage?  I ask because in your thread title I thought you were saying that the +$5000 on the individual card yielded total aggregate dollars of $10k+, but perhaps I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

Are you thinking that the 2 individual utilization threshold crossings are responsible for the bulk of the drops / how much do you think the dollars associated are impacting them?

Message 2 of 12
Ficoproblems247
Established Contributor

I'll likely not be able to test out any raw balance thresholds because my monthly spend just isn't enough to get me up there (2k-3k per month typically), and also it is spread out pretty well between different revolvers too.  I was just curious though about what the thoughts were; are we speculating that there are both individual as well as aggregate raw dollar thresholds that affect scoring in their own respective buckets the same way as utilization thresholds do?

FICO 8 Feb '21: EX 748 EQ 744 TU 738
"Friends don't let friends earn 1% cash back."
Message 3 of 12
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

I'm a strong believer in aggregate dollar thresholds, but they could very well apply to individual cards as well.  Sort of hard to tell, IMO, as a dollar is a dollar, where a percent isn't a percent.  What I mean is that a 10% gain on individual obviously isn't a 10% gain on aggregate (assuming more than 1 card) but a $1000 gain on individual is also a $1000 gain on aggregate.

Message 4 of 12
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

When you say aggregate should not be impacted, are you referring to percentage?  I ask because in your thread title I thought you were saying that the +$5000 on the individual card yielded total aggregate dollars of $10k+, but perhaps I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

Are you thinking that the 2 individual utilization threshold crossings are responsible for the bulk of the drops / how much do you think the dollars associated are impacting them?

@BrutalBodyShots you read it correctly. I'm saying aggregate utilization is not implicated because it's under 5%.

I have no idea how much balance thresholds contributed and how much the individual Thresholds contributed, but maybe I can go back and see what those individuals Thresholds cost me before at lower amounts on a different card. 

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 5 of 12
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Yeah I caught the implication there too. I don’t think there are individual balance thresholds. I think it’s just aggregate Revolving Balance thresholds, but that’s just my opinion.

RIP:

Message 6 of 12
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Hopefully in time we can start to quantify the impact scoring wise of these changes when there are 2 variables at play, meaning percentage and dollars.

Message 7 of 12
Birdman7
Super Contributor

I agree and I edited the first post to try to be more clear.

RIP:

Message 8 of 12
Birdman7
Super Contributor

As a matter of fact I’ve got a balance going down soon, but I’m going to maintain the number of accounts with a balance just to see what happens. I’m trying to figure this out, but Experian’s the only place we really have a chance without spending a fortune. But maybe the other mortgage scores will be similar.

RIP:

Message 9 of 12
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

I think everyone around here except me must be using Experian to get and post these frequent updates.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.