Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.5 year age bump for major lates?

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

4.5 year age bump for major lates?

I have a series of major lates, i.e., several 120s some 150s, that are nearly 5 years old.  Previously, even with ideal utilization, I could not get my TU score above about 720.  Recently, I was approved for a US Air card and Barclay provided my TU score at 757 (I believe based on other posts I've read that this is TU98 but not sure).  My utilization is actually higher right now and I have several additional inquiries.  Probably a slightly lower AAoA as well, though not too much lower than when my previous high TU score of 728 was achieved.  

One difference since my last high was achieved is that my lates are a bit older.  I don't monitor my score closely anymore, so I am not sure when exactly I got this bump, but I was surprised that my score is this high now.  The only thing I can think that makes sense, especially because of the fact that I have higher utilization right now, is that my lates have reached a point where they are not counting nearly as much.  Perhaps somewhere between 4.5-5 years is another point where lates matter less. I know I've seen other posts like this, so this isn't so much something new, but another data point supporting this as a score bump aging point.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.