Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 point score drop for $57 new charge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 point score drop for $57 new charge

I know this is trivial, but doesn’t this seem extreme when I pay all my cards every month. I think this was Trans Union
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 4 point score drop for $57 new charge

Seems like a pretty nominal drop, nothing really earth-shattering IMO, depending on how your profile is currently bucketed and which FICO score version you're looking at.
Message 2 of 4
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know this is trivial, but doesn’t this seem extreme when I pay all my cards every month. I think this was Trans Union

Just pay the 57 dollars and reclaim every single point....Utilization is a point in time metric...it carries no history. You don't say what your score is, but a 4 point drop could be caused by nearly anything minor. It really is a trivial amount of drop. If you pay all but a small amount on 1 card before your statement cut date it will maximize your score for utilization. AZEO...overall utilization <8.9%, and utilization on any single card <28.9% is the general consensus. If you are going to worry about 4 point drops, you are going to drive yourself crazy!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, can you provide a bit more information and be a little more specific about what exactly changed here?

You said a $57 new charge.  Is that on an account that previously had a $0 balance reported and is now $57, or is it on an account that already had a non-zero balance reported and your $57 new charged caused the already reported balance to increase?  Also, how many total cards do you have and how many of them have $0 balances verses non-zero balances reported?

It's possible you could have lost 4 points from an additional $0 account becoming non-zero, where it's also possible that your balance on a single card increasing by $57 could have crossed a threshold resulting in a point drop.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.