Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 yrs 6 mos AAoA? 6 mos AoYA?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica I believe there's a negative reason code for average age of revolving/openended accounts.

3. Our friend CassieCard would certainly have seen it if it exists, because she has been monitoring this stuff from when she got her first revolver all by itself, and had a zero average age of revolving accounts.

The negative reason code is:

Length of time revolving accounts have been established

Time track

If someone is provided that reason statement on a particular score version, they will frequently see the following explanatory text:

"FICO® Scores consider the age of a person's oldest revolving account and/or the average age of revolving accounts. Your score was impacted by the relatively low age of your oldest revolving account and/or the average age of your revolving accounts."

I wasn't tracking AAoRA from the start, but it was easy to retroactively calculate it and see if there were any correlations with score increases. I haven't found any that could be isolated from other well known aging metrics, such as AoYA.

I also have a limited data set, from AAoRA 1mo to AAoRA 1yr 3mo. There could be changes later at 2yr 0mo or 3yr 0mo.

thank you @Anonymous ! Yes I would definitely believe they would start at 2 years or later, but that's some thing we still have to collect data on and find out, a lot of unknown there. I've been requesting data points on it, so I could try to begin to analyze.

But @SouthJamaica , there it is my friend. Are you now satisfied that it is in fact a scoring factor?

Yes it is ("and/or" it isn't) Smiley Happy

@SouthJamaica my friend, I'm beginning to believe you would have doubts if Tom Quinn said it , 😉😁😂

Message 21 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica I believe there's a negative reason code for average age of revolving/openended accounts.

3. Our friend CassieCard would certainly have seen it if it exists, because she has been monitoring this stuff from when she got her first revolver all by itself, and had a zero average age of revolving accounts.

The negative reason code is:

Length of time revolving accounts have been established

Time track

If someone is provided that reason statement on a particular score version, they will frequently see the following explanatory text:

"FICO® Scores consider the age of a person's oldest revolving account and/or the average age of revolving accounts. Your score was impacted by the relatively low age of your oldest revolving account and/or the average age of your revolving accounts."

I wasn't tracking AAoRA from the start, but it was easy to retroactively calculate it and see if there were any correlations with score increases. I haven't found any that could be isolated from other well known aging metrics, such as AoYA.

I also have a limited data set, from AAoRA 1mo to AAoRA 1yr 3mo. There could be changes later at 2yr 0mo or 3yr 0mo.

thank you @Anonymous ! Yes I would definitely believe they would start at 2 years or later, but that's some thing we still have to collect data on and find out, a lot of unknown there. I've been requesting data points on it, so I could try to begin to analyze.

But @SouthJamaica , there it is my friend. Are you now satisfied that it is in fact a scoring factor?

Yes it is ("and/or" it isn't) Smiley Happy

@SouthJamaica my friend, I'm beginning to believe you would have doubts if Tom Quinn said it , 😉😁😂

If what he said flew in the face of my personal experience, you bet I would.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK we have already established the age of the oldest revolving account is a factor. That’s why Cassiecard’s scores are lower than @calyx ‘s, because calyx’s started her file with a card and Cassiecard started her’s a loan. There are other examples.

We currently have a couple people that have possible thresholds for average age of revolving accounts, but obviously we’ve got to get more data points and do confirmation and all that.

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica But does this fly in the face of your personal experience? You haven’t been tracking it right? so you can’t really say until you go back and retroactively look at all your files right? Have we piqued your interest sufficiently to at least review it and check it out with an open mind?

@RemediosI’d have to check the Primer and search some stuff, but as far as I know they all appear to at least be on month thresholds that are multiples of 6. I remember @K-in-Boston confirmed one at 84 months, and I also think we have them at 60, 66 and 72 months, but I’m not positive that’s just off the top of my head.

Message 24 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica But does this fly in the face of your personal experience? You haven’t been tracking it right? so you can’t really say until you go back and retroactively look at all your files right? Have we piqued your interest sufficiently to at least review it and check it out with an open mind?

@RemediosI’d have to check the Primer and search some stuff, but as far as I know they all appear to at least be on month thresholds that are multiples of 6. I remember @K-in-Boston confirmed one at 84 more months, and I also think we have them at 60, 66 and 72 months, but I’m not positive that’s just off the top of my head.

No, I'm satisfied that AoYA, AAoA, AoOA are sufficient metrics.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Out of curiosity, which AAoA thresholds are we "certain" of? 

@Remedios: The data points on that are scattered all over the place, and it's rare to see data at and below the threshold to compare.

That question is a very popular one: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com+aaoa+threshold

If you're looking for a particular threshold, it might be found in that list.

The only two I'm reasonably confident about are:

• AAoA 4yrs: EX 8 +27 points - ( ChemE_Bear, Permalink )
  • AAoA 7yrs: 10-20pt loss going below - ( K-in-Boston, Permalink )

I've personally confirmed an AAoA 1yr 6mo threshold on TU 8, and all mortgage scores went up +6 to +10.

AAoA 1yr 0mo affected TU 8 scores around +4pts, and EX 9 scores around +10pts. Nothing on EQ.

Message 26 of 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Thank you both 

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Out of curiosity, which AAoA thresholds are we "certain" of? 

100% sure on 78 months from personal testing across it multiple times.

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RemediosSo it appears 12 months, 18 months, 48 months, 60 months, 66 months, 72 months, 78 months, 84 months, and 90 months. (And I’m sure there are more in between 18 and 48.) Edit: also unconfirmed reports at 24 months, 30 months, and 54 months.

I knew there were more, the 18 month one is in the Primer, I know. There may be an award every 6 months to a year? but the amount is going to vary by scorecard, of course.

@Remedios I edited this and added some. I think it's complete now, at least from what we think we know, I'm sure there's more.

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@RemediosSo it appears 12 months, 18 months, 48 months, 60 months, 66 months, 72 months, 78 months, and 84 months. And I’m sure there are more in between 18 and 48.

I knew there were more, the 18 month one is in the Primer, I know. There may be an award every 6 months to a year? but the amount is going to vary by scorecard, of course.

Here's a report of an EX +30pt jump at 2yr 6mo. No profile change details though. Just something to consider.

I forgot to include @Anonymous 6yr 6mo AAoA threshold confirmation in my 'reasonably confident of' list earlier.

This one seems settled beyond any doubt, because it was done by someone who knows exactly how to test it and what to look for.

@Anonymous: I scanned the list of Google search results restricted to this domain only, up to Page 12, and your list looks like everything that's been reported here so far.

SouthJamaica still could have found a 4yr 6mo threshold. It certainly fits the pattern, but AoYA 6mos can also award points as well.

I will be at AAoA 2yr 0mo on March 1st, 2021, and you can bet that I'll be watching that closely with the same balances reporting as in February 2021. (AoOA 3yr 3mo / AoYA 1yr 1mo / AoORA 2yr 3mo / AAoRA 1yr 8mo / AoYRA 1yr 1mo - so this should be very reliable.)

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.