Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40% of Accts with Balances --> -11 FICO 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 40% of Accts with Balances --> -11 FICO 2

@Anonymous wrote:

And doesn’t the algorithm exclude cards with credit limits over 35,000 or 27,000 or something like that?

I think someone once posted that $34,999 was the max for that algorithm for the line to be included, where at $35,000 it became excluded.  I could be wrong about the model though, so if anyone knows for sure definitely confirm. 

Message 21 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And doesn’t the algorithm exclude cards with credit limits over 35,000 or 27,000 or something like that?

I think someone once posted that $34,999 was the max for that algorithm for the line to be included, where at $35,000 it became excluded.  I could be wrong about the model though, so if anyone knows for sure definitely confirm. 

If credit union accounts should be excluded and accounts with limits > $34,999 should be excluded that eliminates 21 of my open accounts. Somehow I'm skeptical that even a FICO algorithm would ignore those.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn’t ignore all CU cards and some are only partially counted. I’m not suggesting that they do not count per se. I’m suggesting that to get an accurate data point you’re going to have to exclude unknowns.

A PSCU-processed credit union CC gave me one less point when used as an AZEO card than a national bank card for instance.

Since we don’t know which credit union cards count fully and we know the big credit limit cards are excluded I would say to get an accurate test you would need to exclude those. And yes I think it was 35K but I think someone found a 29 that did not count I don’t know if it was ever resolved What the number was. @Revelate may recall.
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

SJ do you mind specifying which credit unions they’re from?

Yeah I think the 4 over 35K may be excluded from the calculation, so that would mean 9 accounts with a balance not 13.
Message 24 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
SJ do you mind specifying which credit unions they’re from?

Yeah I think the 4 over 35K may be excluded from the calculation, so that would mean 9 accounts with a balance not 13.

I know you are of the view that credit unions are treated differently than banks, but, having 21 such accounts, I have never experienced anything to suggest that.

I know there is discussion in this forum that accounts greater than $34,999 are excluded from utilization, but, having 5 such accounts, I have never experienced anything to suggest that.

If you have authoritative information to support either of these hypotheses, please share it with me.

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already told you that when I used the credit union card I got one point less than I did with the national bank card. That’s as authoritative as I can get.

As for the algorithm excluding accounts over $35,000, I thought that was firmly established knowledge and I thought there were threads on that; however there was one thread where a member I think found a 29K that was excluded. I’ll try to see if I can find that thread for you.
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you guys talking specifically Fico 2 with respect to the $35k threshold, or are you opening the conversation to other models as well? 

Message 27 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you guys talking specifically Fico 2 with respect to the $35k threshold, or are you opening the conversation to other models as well? 

Yes it's about FICO 2.

I don't have the sense that FICO 2 ignores my five >34,999 limit accounts.

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we were talking about EX2 but I can’t remember if it was EX2 or EX8 that had the 35K threshold. And I went back to one of the threads and you were all in SJ when we were talking about the 35K threshold and the credit cards from the credit union, and that’s what I’m talking about. You had a negative reason code for no revolving balances with a credit card from the credit union reporting, but not with other ones and that’s what I was trying to distinguish previously.

It’s not all credit union cards, it’s just some. I guess it depends on the back end processor. That’s why I was trying to get you to experiment between them because one of them you got that code on but the other ones you didn’t. Do you recall?

Just for clarification what is the cut off for FICO 8 BBS or SJ? Or anyone?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EX-FICO-2-Not-Using-Revolving-Credit/td-...
Message 29 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes we were talking about EX2 but I can’t remember if it was EX2 or EX8 that had the 35K threshold. And I went back to one of the threads and you were all in SJ when we were talking about the 35K threshold and the credit cards from the credit union, and that’s what I’m talking about. You had a negative reason code for no revolving balances with a credit card from the credit union reporting, but not with other ones and that’s what I was trying to distinguish previously.

It’s not all credit union cards, it’s just some. I guess it depends on the back end processor. That’s why I was trying to get you to experiment between them because one of them you got that code on but the other ones you didn’t. Do you recall?

Just for clarification what is the cut off for FICO 8 BBS or SJ? Or anyone?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EX-FICO-2-Not-Using-Revolving-Credit/td-p/5525495

I wasn't, and am not, "all in" on the theories. I was just answering questions by @Revelate, who was trying to come up with an explanation for some anomalous behavior, including the time my negative reason codes in FICO 2 switched from "high credit usage" to "not using revolving credit" after I dropped 2 accounts to zero and reduced my aggregate utilization 2 percentage points. I personally have not found any pattern which suggests exclusion of my accounts with limits > 34,999, or my accounts with credit unions, or my accounts with some credit unions.

I responded that I didn't think any of my accounts were being excluded from the calculation.

When @Revelate posited that one of the possibilities was that it was just "broken", I said "I'm going with "broken".

I'm not "all in" on anything. I continue to have an open mind on the subject. But I have yet to see any evidence to suggest that my larger accounts, or any of my credit union accounts, are being excluded from anything.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.