cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

42-pt increase on TU..finally over 700!! DP's included..

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

42-pt increase on TU..finally over 700!! DP's included..

ok....So, I have 6 IIB accts that are due to fall off in the next 4-6 months off all my reports. I called up TU on October 15th, and asked for EE for those 6 accts, and they removed them! They refreshed my TU report, and mailed me a new copy, and my ONLY negative now showing is the BK in PR. All other accts are postive/current/paid as agreed. 

My TU 08 score as of a few weeks ago was 676, and has been that for the last year, give or take a point or two, due to my cray cray inquires and new accts. Well, curiousity got the best of me, and I couldnt wait for my CC's to update their TU score, so I purchased my TU report from here at myfico..........(drum roll please).......718!!! Was not expecting that much of an increase!  These were also some of my oldest accts too dating back to 2000-2005. ONLY change was the 6-IIB accts being deleted.  Cant wait to see how EQ and EX fair in a few months with the same thing. Smiley Happy

Updated current stats with refreshed TU:

~INQ- (80/24) Dont ask, lol. Several are dropping off by December, and next year as well.)

~New accts- (24/24...again, dont ask, lol. I do have several reaching the famous "2 yr" mark here within the next few months and so.)

~Negs- (only 1;  BK in PR, due to fall off 4/2023)

~AHOA- (17 yrs/10 mo)

~AAOA- (3 yrs /10mo)

~30 open accts -( 28 cc's/2 LOC's that report as "revolving") 

~2 open loans reporting -(SL/PL)

~No mortgage ever

~4% util reporting -(8 cc's reporting a small balance. I had closed a few cc's, and with that and the timing of the new score, util was 4%)

~Thick profile with 100+ postive accts reporting, most closed. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 5.21.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-21 at 5.18.06 PM.png

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 42-pt increase on TU..finally over 700!! DP's included..

Congrats! Welcome to the 700 club. Calls for a Light Em Up! What a history!

lights(1).gif

Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

• Nice score bump  CONGRATS
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 30 open accounts? You're slacking...
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza!!!!

I have a question tho, why those 6 IIB accts that are due to fall off in the next 4-6 months off but your BK will stay on your report until 2023? I don't quite understand, sorry newbie here. Thank you Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. I'm waiting for my last two iib accounts to drop off my TU report too. I hope to see a big gain as well
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I hope to join you in the 700 club soon  :-)

Message 7 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Pizza!!!!

I have a question tho, why those 6 IIB accts that are due to fall off in the next 4-6 months off but your BK will stay on your report until 2023? I don't quite understand, sorry newbie here. Thank you Smiley Wink

@Anonymous....Those negative accts, regardless that they were IIB, still follow the rule of "DOFD" (date of first delinquency). The DOFD on those accts were a year prior to my BK filing, so that was in 03/2012. Following the DOFD rules, those accts drop off after 7 yrs, putting them in a 03-04/2019 fall off.  

BK-7's stay on your reports for 10 yrs from your BK file date. I filed in 05/2013, so my drop off will be 04-05/2023. 

Message 8 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kiea wrote:
Congratulations. I'm waiting for my last two iib accounts to drop off my TU report too. I hope to see a big gain as well

@kiea, were you ever dilienquent on those accts prior to filing?  If so, they will follow the DOFD rule.  See my response above to another poster. 

Also, keep in mind, the point gain (or loss), when negative accts drop off are totally individualized, and depending on your rebuild, and other factors at the time they drop off like...total reporting utilization, number of accts reporting a balance, etc..so its YMMV thing. But, I hope you have a gain as well! 

Message 9 of 12
kiea
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 Yes, I was delinquent on both accounts but they were paid before bk. I haven't had any lates since filing and I try to keep my utilization below 10% each month.

I think the biggest problem I'm having with my TU report is they deleted my entire history...accounts paid before bk (basically 8 years of history), accounts that were iib, and accounts that were charged off before bk. After discharge I had 2 accounts that were iib remaining plus my school loans. So I have to build my positive payment history up all over again with TU.

I guess it's a good thing but losing all my positive payment history seem to hurt me more than filing the bk itself. Now the main reason I get denied is no/ limited payment history.
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.