Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 point jump to TU score, due to 2 year old hard inquiry falling off

tag
boelshine
Established Member

6 point jump to TU score, due to 2 year old hard inquiry falling off

My Transunion credit score just increased 6 points, after a 2-year-old hard inquiry fell off my report. Now, I have 10 hard inquiries left on my Transunion report, but only 7 are less than 12 months old.

Why would a hard inquiry falling off my report lead to a score increase? It's my understanding that hard inquiries only affect your score for 1 year, but that inquiry was twice that old, so how was the inquiry still impacting my score?

Current scores:
Experian: 690
Transunion: 666
Equifax: 701

3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 6 point jump to TU score, due to 2 year old hard inquiry falling off

That wasn't the reason for the score increase likely something else changed and just happened around the same time.

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@boelshine wrote:

My Transunion credit score just increased 6 points, after a 2-year-old hard inquiry fell off my report. Now, I have 10 hard inquiries left on my Transunion report, but only 7 are less than 12 months old.

Why would a hard inquiry falling off my report lead to a score increase? It's my understanding that hard inquiries only affect your score for 1 year, but that inquiry was twice that old, so how was the inquiry still impacting my score?

Current scores:

Answer: it wouldn't.

Question: how could you possibly know what caused the 6 point jump?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@boelshine wrote:

Current scores:

Your looking at a Vantage site named? CK? FICO drops off at one yr. It wouldnt show up at all from a FICO site.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.