Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 day late aged & score increased!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 day late aged & score increased!

myFICO is super slow to update lately so I don't know the total result. I had a 60 day late pay to age 2 years on 3/1/2015. I received score increase alerts from the EQ and EX websites, 20 point increase for FICO score from the EQ website and a 25 point increase for FICO score from the EX website. There were no other changes. Therefore it appears that the 2 year mark for a 60 day late is critical.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: 60 day late aged & score increased!

Yes, the two, three and other marks can be critical. That may not be the only reason your score increased, however. Your length of credit history, i.e. AAoA, may have also crossed a particular threshold. This is why it's good to stay positive despite being stuck with negatives for many years. You just may hit your goal of 700 by Thanksgiving yet! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

Yes, the two, three and other marks can be critical. That may not be the only reason your score increased, however. Your length of credit history, i.e. AAoA, may have also crossed a particular threshold. This is why it's good to stay positive despite being stuck with negatives for many years. You just may hit your goal of 700 by Thanksgiving yet! Smiley Happy

Barry I can hardly stop smiling with excitement. I just received TU alert from myFico for a balance change. The balance on an installment loan decreased by a few dollars. However my score jumped 36 points! I know the 60 day late aging also played a big part. I am now over 670 on 2 reports and it says "GOOD" not "FAIR". BYE BYE bad credit days HELLO good credit days. Thank you God!

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

myFICO is super slow to update lately so I don't know the total result. I had a 60 day late pay to age 2 years on 3/1/2015. I received score increase alerts from the EQ and EX websites, 20 point increase for FICO score from the EQ website and a 25 point increase for FICO score from the EX website. There were no other changes. Therefore it appears that the 2 year mark for a 60 day late is critical.

I will only add this bit of wisdom from an impeccable source:

The recency of any negative item is one of the most heavily weighted factors within the most heavily weighted category of scoring — payment history — amounting to 35 percent of your score. The longer the time since the negative the less impact it will have, and the higher your score will go.

So time can be your best friend.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.