Did you mean: 

700 Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 700 Club

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I saw you went from the high 500s to the 700s in a year, THAT is inspiring. Friendly wager on the 800s in a year?

Thank you!! I couldn't have done it without this forum!

Sure I'll take that wager!

Its a race then

Message 11 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on jumping into the 700's. As others mentioned, you have points on the table with where your utilization is. That score will continue to rise!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonM21 wrote:
Congrats on jumping into the 700's. As others mentioned, you have points on the table with where your utilization is. That score will continue to rise!

Ron your early advice along with many others was a big help, thank you

Message 13 of 18
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I saw you went from the high 500s to the 700s in a year, THAT is inspiring. Friendly wager on the 800s in a year?

Thank you!! I couldn't have done it without this forum!

Sure I'll take that wager!

Its a race then

Oh it's on like Donky Kong!!Smiley Very Happy

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hate to resurrect this post, but I just got another 8 points to my experian score for the same events, boosting from 704-712.

I did check all of my reports to make sure this was an isolated change. There were no other movement on my CRs.

However I am waiting on Amex to report my new card from two months ago. Didn’t see any evidence of that with the alert

Now wondering if this may get readjusted if I’ve received points twice for the same activity, greatful non the less

Edit: So I believe I narrowed it down, one score bump was for the balance decrease or crossing a utility threshold, and the other score bump was for increasing the credit limit
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now wondering if this may get readjusted if I’ve received points twice for the same activity, greatful non the less

Edit: So I believe I narrowed it down, one score bump was for the balance decrease or crossing a utility threshold, and the other score bump was for increasing the credit limit

A couple of things.  One, it's not possible to receive points twice for the same profile change.  Once the change happens, the score will change if generated after the CR change happens.  If a score changes twice, it means profile data changed twice.

Two, scores do not change due to increasing a credit limit.  If increasing a credit limit causes utilization to drop across a threshold, that can cause a score change, but it's important to understand that it's not the credit limit increasing here but rather the utilization drop that's the cause for score change.  Someone can go from $500 in overall limits to $50,000 in overall limits (or vice versa) and if their utilization does not cross any thresholds their score will not move even 1 single point.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BBS, that cleared it up, it definitely caused a change in the utility, both paying down the card and increasing the limit on that card brought my utility down
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, glad you figured that out.

Many on this forum (myself included) are guilty of pushing our credit limits higher through frequent/routine CLI requests in order to ensure overall utilization stays low, thus aiding in optimal score maintenance. Over time this tends to give many the impression that greater limits equate to better scores, when that's not really the case and [lower] utilization is the real reason why.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.