Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9ODay Late Removed from EX - No Point Gain

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

9ODay Late Removed from EX - No Point Gain

Really confused by this - I had a 90 day late that was updated as never late and my EX didn't budge at all...

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9ODay Late Removed from EX - No Point Gain

Post some data points for help.  This is too vague for me to assist.

1. Do you have any other 90D lates or worse that are newer than this one?
  2. Do you have any other 90D lates or worse that are older than this one?
  3. Do you have any COs or collections that are more recent than that 90D late?
  4. Did you do a fresh 1B pull on EX or is it a matter of not getting a credit monitoring alert?
Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called FICO customer service, I guess I'm way too impatient. They don't update FICO scores for 7 days so even though the report is showing deleted, the score doesn't update immediately. I erroneously thought it would update with each score pull. Another lesson learned!

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called FICO customer service, I guess I'm way too impatient. They don't update FICO scores for 7 days so even though the report is showing deleted, the score doesn't update immediately. I erroneously thought it would update with each score pull. Another lesson learned!

Please see ABCDs questions above.

If you have other major baddies present on your report, chances are removing a 90 day late would have little to no scoring impact.  If it was your only major baddie, you'd stand to realize a substantial gain, likely in the 50-100 point range.

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Do you have any other 90D lates or worse that are newer than this one? My next worse one is a 60 day late with CapOne that occured in April 2017.
  2. Do you have any other 90D lates or worse that are older than this one? No, see below
  3. Do you have any COs or collections that are more recent than that 90D late?I did, both have since been deleted a few weeks ago
  4. Did you do a fresh 1B pull on EX or is it a matter of not getting a credit monitoring alert? I did a fresh EX pull because the change popped up in the EX monitoring I have through USAA

All Other Baddies - (new at trying to figure out how bad is bad)

• CapOne - 30 day late - Jul 2017, Mar 2017, Nov 2016, Mar 2016, Dec 2015; 60 day late - April 2017 (worst one!)
  • USAA - 30 day late (July 2017)
  • Chase - 30 day late, 2 times (June 2015)
  • Barclay - 30 day late, 1 time (May 2015)
  • Target/TD - 30 day late, 5 times (Apr 2015, Mar 2015, Feb 2015, Jan 2015, Jul 2014)
  • NavyFed CC - 30 day late, 2 times (Mar 2015)
  • CapOne Auto - 30 day late, 2 times (Oct 2017, Jul 2017)
  • Ford Credit - 30 day late, 3 times (Apr 2016, Apr 2015)
  • NavyFed Car Loan - 30 day late, 1 time (Aug 2011)
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old was the most recent date on the 90D late that was removed?

recent 30D late can hurt you for as much as 100 points during the first 0-6 months, while a 2 year old 90D late may hurt for less.  So if that 90D late was 2 years old and removed but you still have a recent 30D late, the score change may be zero.

fico8 lates versus time.png

This chart is strictly "popular" values -- it isn't exact and different profiles have different pain for lates.  This chart reflects folks I monitor who had only ONE late on their reports, not multiple, so it definitely isn't truth or exacting, just a way for me to keep track of these things on average.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a helpful chart, definitely saving. The 90Day late is a year old - happened in November 2016...

I did notice my vantage went from 618 to 630...

Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be aware that my chart isn’t truth, just opinion. If you get other goodwill adjustments made with FICO updates do let me know so I can tweak my data sets!

Late payments are the toughest for me to analyze because there’s so little data to go over.
Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do! Hoping this is just a usual EX lag... fingers crossed

Message 9 of 40
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How old was the most recent date on the 90D late that was removed?

recent 30D late can hurt you for as much as 100 points during the first 0-6 months, while a 2 year old 90D late may hurt for less.  So if that 90D late was 2 years old and removed but you still have a recent 30D late, the score change may be zero.

fico8 lates versus time.png

This chart is strictly "popular" values -- it isn't exact and different profiles have different pain for lates. 

^ Like the chart. Not sure if an isolated 30 day late would negatively impact score after 2 years but, I think a 60 day certainly would to some degree. Regardless, it's a good illustration showing how 90 lates are treated much more severely for a full seven years.

As mentioned in prior posts: if there are other recent lates on file, improvement in score by removing the 90 late is severely limited as the other lates still hold it down. The big boost coming when the last one is gone or aged past a critical threshold.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.