cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! med collection drops and so does score!!

tag
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! med collection drops and so does score!!

I have been fighting to get a med collection dropped off of EX for months now, and finally today it drops!  I get so excited I gotta pull and see how much it improved my score...

It was the only thing different on that experian report...  EQ and TU both in the 660's  Experian was 627....  so I thought woot!  that fixed, experian should jump up there with TU and EQ...

instead my scored DROPPED!!!  to 609!!  WTF!?!?!?

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! med collection drops and so does score!!

Was that your only baddie? Maybe you got rebucketed? If so, as I understand it your score should rebound soon (even though it stings to see it lower now).

Congrats on getting the collection dropped and hope you get your points back soon!
Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

rebuilding, when you say it "dropped" today, what exactly did you mean?  Consent of a creditor to drop it does not necessarily mean that it has actually been removed from your CR.  When you pulled your CR to review your score, are you sure it was removed from the actual CR upon which the score was calculated?
Message 3 of 12
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

yep it was gone from report. I had waited over a month from the time the OC said they would tell CA to remove it. they did and this happened.

only thing I could think of also was a 'rebucket'

oh well..  :-(

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If it was your only or last collection, then it does look like you've been re-bucketed on EX anyway. Do you have any other serious baddies on any of your reports? It really is odd that EX is now so much lower than the others. Do you have a lot of inqs on EX, a lot more than on the other two, or have you recently opened a lot of new accounts?

As the others said, your scores are now set to move forward as other stuff improves, but again, I'm surprised at that gap.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I concur with hauling. One of the 12 FICO buckets is the presence of a collection account.  Having removed that from your CR now puts you under a whole new scoring model.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX is ~60 pts below EQ and TU. I have a med collection from 2001 ($85) which is only on EX. It is scheduled to come off August 2008. At first I thought this would boost my EX, but if I get placed into a new bucket, I am concerned that this dropping off is going to have a negligable effect. I have absolutely no other negatives on any report, but a fair number of inqs that will be dropping off over the next 9 months then I will have none. Does this non-collection bucket do better in scoring?

Message Edited by Phouchg on 06-02-2008 04:59 PM
Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It certainly has a much higher ceiling than your current bucket, and it's possible that you won't have a drop, but will start moving up right away. (Depending on which bucket you wind up in.)

Looking back at your post, it sounds like you're going to wind up in the squeaky-clean bucket, so I would expect your EX score to pretty well match the other two. I don't think that EX nails you so much for inqs, as it does for the actual new accounts that result from the inq. How many new accounts have you opened within the last 12 months?

And even then, if you didn't have a lot of open accounts before, you might not be penalized for newer accounts at all, as they are helpful to your overall profile. Again, it's very much a bucket thing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am resurrecting this thread with some happy news.

That med collection I mentioned has dropped off my EX today. I just pulled another score and it has jumped 48 points from last month!!!! All my scores are now within 10 points of each other around 680 and going up! No hard inqs in 6 months and all the accounts I opened this time last year are going past the 1 year open mark. Plus, for the first time since 1989 I have no baddies anywhere on my file!

I has a bucket - a nice shiny new FICO bucket!

now I just gotta get util down...

Message 9 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats!

And I do believe that I have found another I Can Has Cheezburger fan!

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Every time I read or post about score buckets, I flash on the poor walrus. Smiley Wink

Meanwhile, rebuilding (OP), any news with your EX score?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.