Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA 4 years --> FICO 2 +8

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

AAoA 4 years --> FICO 2 +8

Today my average age of accounts hit 4 years. It appears that this caused my EX FICO 2 to increase by 8 points.

Interestingly my EX FICO 8 didn't budge, confirming my view that the mortgage scores are more sensitive than the FICO 8's to age factors.

(There appear to have been no changes in reported balances, AoYA went from 3 mos to 4 mos, and AoOA went from 31 yrs 2 mos to 31 yrs 3 mos).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA 4 years --> FICO 2 +8

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Interestingly my EX FICO 8 didn't budge, confirming my view that the mortgage scores are more sensitive than the FICO 8's to age factors.

Or, perhaps the threshold points are different, or that there are more of them for the mortgage models?  Maybe FICO 8 only looks at the half-year points (I've found thresholds at 5.5, 6.5 and 7.5 years but not the whole number year marks) where the mortgage models look at whole years as well.

Message 2 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Or, perhaps the threshold points are different,

possibly

or that there are more of them for the mortgage models? 

possibly

Maybe FICO 8 only looks at the half-year points

possibly

(I've found thresholds at 5.5, 6.5 and 7.5 years but not the whole number year marks) where the mortgage models look at whole years as well.

My gut feeling is that the mortgage scores would have less, rather than more, thresholds, as in general they seem to be more fixed and less flexible. I have found that they move (a) less frequently, and (b) with more points when they do move. They seem wooden and rigid to me.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 21
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

My AoOA hit 6 years today.

Exp FICO8 +9, but no change to any of the other varients that they show daily. Mortgage stayed at 780.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ldkcivilservant wrote:

My AoOA hit 6 years today.

Exp FICO8 +9, but no change to any of the other varients that they show daily. Mortgage stayed at 780.

What did your AAoA move to and your AoYA today?

Message 5 of 21
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

3.8 years and 1.2 years, respectivly.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I'd think that AoOA would be the cause then.  Is your file clean?

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idkcivilservant Is your AoOA the same at EQ and TU?

If AoOA was the cause, that would cause scorecard reassignment (re-bucketing), which I believe would affect every variant of at least Version 8.

If you don't mind, What do you monitor with? Are you certain nothing else changed from the 30th to the 1st? No utilization changes? Is your file clean? How many open and closed accounts on your EX CR? AoYA?
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If AoOA was the cause, that would cause scorecard reassignment (re-bucketing), which I believe would affect every variant of at least Version 8.

BM, are we certain and do we have enough data testing to state with conviction that AoOA only impacts scorecard assignment and that AoOA can't impact a score otherwise if not changing scorecards?

To illustrate the point I'm getting at, say we look at another scorecard assignment factor, AoYA.  I think most would say that at 12 months AoYA one can get re-bucketed.  There are other points along the way, though, at (say) 3 months or 6 months or even 3+ years on some models where someone may report Fico score gains that may not be due to re-bucketing, but rather simply the aging of AoYA.  Hopefully that makes sense. 

Message 9 of 21
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Yep it's the same across all 3 CBs - and all 3 indeed saw a bump of between 9-18 points, which was a significant increase.

File is think/clean - 5 revolvers, 1 installment loan open and reporting, something like 10 revolvers, 3 installemnts paid and closed.

The flavors of FICO were only Experian as I used creditchecktotal. MF has not refreshed yet for the month.

AoYA is 14 months on Experian, ll others is about 20 months.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.