Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Data Points on a thin/clean file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA Data Points on a thin/clean file

That was more than likely somebody talking about a revolving threshold.
Message 31 of 35
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I found someone mentioning thresholds for installment loans in this thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Installment-loans-Pay-down-40-or-pay-down-TO-40/m-p/5656521 and have found other examples.  I have two potential upcoming data points - I paid down my aggregate installment utilization to 88% and my husband paid down his to 70%, which will both report in the next week or so, I will see if any points are gained from crossing those thresholds.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

I found someone mentioning thresholds for installment loans in this thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Installment-loans-Pay-down-40-or-pay-down-TO... and have found other examples.  I have two potential upcoming data points - I paid down my aggregate installment utilization to 88% and my husband paid down his to 70%, which will both report in the next week or so, I will see if any points are gained from crossing those thresholds.

While there may be an installment utilization threshold or two along the way good for a couple of points, the biggest gain is once the loan (or aggregate) drops below 9% utilization.  Many have reported 15-20 points acquired at that time.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I found someone mentioning thresholds for installment loans in this thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Installment-loans-Pay-down-40-or-pay-down-TO-40/m-p/5656521 and have found other examples.  I have two potential upcoming data points - I paid down my aggregate installment utilization to 88% and my husband paid down his to 70%, which will both report in the next week or so, I will see if any points are gained from crossing those thresholds.

@ChemE_Bear I will look forward to your data points, but remember there are installment balance thresholds. So watch the balances as well because more than likely that's the threshold you will cross in my opinion, if any. 

i'll go read the thread you linked

Message 34 of 35
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

While there may be an installment utilization threshold or two along the way good for a couple of points, the biggest gain is once the loan (or aggregate) drops below 9% utilization.  Many have reported 15-20 points acquired at that time.

Yes, I've personally experienced that boost  below 9% utilization (and the point loss of paying that loan off later) but we are not near that so I'm just monitoring for any possible points either from % utilization or like @Anonymous mentioned crossing balance thresholds.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.