Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA from 11 yrs 11 mo to 11 yrs 8 mo reduced all EX2 scores

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

AAoA from 11 yrs 11 mo to 11 yrs 8 mo reduced all EX2 scores

I thought I had a lot of padding with my AAoA at 11 years and 11 months but and old closed account fell off today dropping it to 11 years and 8 months, my EX 2 scores dropped:

MTG  -6

Auto  -5

CC     -7

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: AAoA from 11 yrs 11 mo to 11 yrs 8 mo reduced all EX2 scores

@Trudy wrote:

I thought I had a lot of padding with my AAoA at 11 years and 11 months but and old closed account fell off today dropping it to 11 years and 8 months, my EX 2 scores dropped:

MTG  -6

Auto  -5

CC     -7

Great data point. Thanks.

Wow who knew there would be a threshold at such an odd juncture.

I assume this wasn't your oldest account.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

My oldest is 24y1m and still open. From reading and responses I was under the impression that somewhere around 8 years AAoA was the golden spot.  Maybe for Classic 8's.  Clearly not the MTG score.  I will check TU and EQ when I pull my MyFICO 3B in a few days. 

Message 3 of 26
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Interesting.

I am not saying your analysis is wrong, but we would need more data to be sure.

For example, was it a revolving CC account? Real Estate? Other?

Was it your only closed account of that type?  How many others of that type do you have? etc etc.

I don't have data or any way to correlate, but my point is it may be more than just AAoA......

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

My oldest is 24y1m and still open. From reading and responses I was under the impression that somewhere around 8 years AAoA was the golden spot.  Maybe for Classic 8's.  Clearly not the MTG score.  I will check TU and EQ when I pull my MyFICO 3B in a few days. 

I would have thought that once you get to 10 years or so you would be immune from any algorithm squawking about your average age of accounts.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

Interesting.

I am not saying your analysis is wrong, but we would need more data to be sure.

For example, was it a revolving CC account? Real Estate? Other?

Was it your only closed account of that type?  How many others of that type do you have? etc etc.

I don't have data or any way to correlate, but my point is it may be more than just AAoA......

It was an old retail revolver from 2003.  I track my changes daily which is easy with EX. All of my revolvers report between the 23rd and  3rd as I set up my due dates to not be scattered so I can pull my all 3B reports with everything updated. Only auto and home left to report in a few days, MTG being the last an no later than the 10th.  I have another post about rev UTL dropping below 6% a few days ago and the score impact. 

Nothing has changed on my profile since, until today as the 7th holds no significance with my profile (INQ or otherwise).  Other than reducing closed retail from the numbers in my sig, other data is the same.  I don't have a lot of activity so I'm positive that's all that happened.  The only change from 4/6 to 4/7 report.

Message 6 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

04 06.PNG04 07.PNG

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting.
Message 8 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

For giggles calculate AAORA as well, I find anyone's AAOA datapoints regarding breakpoints on non-year values to be highly suspect since the ones I've found have been been exactly on year boundaries.  Or there's some unknown factor since EX FICO 2 isn't well detailed in terms of file thickness or other things.  

It's possible it just seems unlikely.

        
Message 9 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

For giggles calculate AAORA as well, I find anyone's AAOA datapoints regarding breakpoints on non-year values to be highly suspect since the ones I've found have been been exactly on year boundaries.  Or there's some unknown factor since EX FICO 2 isn't well detailed in terms of file thickness or other things.  

It's possible it just seems unlikely.

Suspect or not, that was the only change.  Didn't think about AAoRA as I did not know that was a separate metric for score impact.  I guess it isn't siince you stated "for giggles"?  Or is it?

4/6 AAoRA = 13y6m

4/7 AAoRA = 13y4m

Another "non-year value" but if this is the culprit then I assume falling below 13y5m.  The account removed was 16y9m as of 4/1/2020.  13 revolvers to 12 revolvers.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.